customization laugher

trueblue2735

The "5" on the back is wrong too. On Starter blue Liberty jerseys the left side of the 5 should have a diagonal cut, not a square cut:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/new-york-islander-zigmund-palffy-is-hounded-by-bruce-driver-news-photo/53131141

The square cut on the 5 started with the white Liberty.

Yeah.. It's a bad jersey all around.. I realized that the 5 on the back looked a bit off as well.. The Richter lettering is quite laughable!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "5" on the back is wrong too. On Starter blue Liberty jerseys the left side of the 5 should have a diagonal cut, not a square cut:

http://www.gettyimag...-photo/53131141

The square cut on the 5 started with the white Liberty.

Holy crap, I feel dumb for never noticing that that 5's changed.

I have a fair number of Richter jerseys and now I realize most of them are wrong.

I have a fair number of Richter jerseys and now I realize most of them are wrong.

The homes, aways and white Liberty are fine. It's just the Starter blue Liberty ones (Richter/Samuelsson) that have the different 5's.

Yes! Sell them all to me. :)

Yeh I realized after my post that it was just the two Starter Liberties with the wrong font (Richter and Samulesson). Also with the variations in the font thickness in the names from that era, those two have other small issues, but I'm not too broken up about it.

I did see another shot on GI where Richter is wearing a koho liberty and the 5 does have the rightangle 5, so I don't know if the customizer even considered it when the jersey was done. Mine has the Rangers 75 patch on it, so I'm still looking for that particular picture if anyone finds it.

Awful yes, but not too bad if you're looking for a CCM and could strip it for cheap

Awful yes, but not too bad if you're looking for a CCM and could strip it for cheap

i was thinking the same thing....however i emailed him to ask if he would check for me and he was very proud to report back that the numbers and name are all glued on in addition to the stitching. good luck stripping that one.

i was thinking the same thing....however i emailed him to ask if he would check for me and he was very proud to report back that the numbers and name are all glued on in addition to the stitching. good luck stripping that one.

Thanks for checking for me buddy :thumbsup:

If you decide to go with it, get some pure acetone up in this muuuh. Turn it inside out and dab it behing the numbers & letters - should peel off no problem. Only problem is residue but acetone should cover that to. Highly recommend getting a respirator though - I've had a few nasty headaches after dealing with the 99% stuff.

I saw this one as the NCAA Icebreaker tourny in KC

Besides the vector aligned right, nameplate left .. the Tommys on the shoulders were crooked. Abysmal jersey.

Wow. Not sure what's worse, the hack job on the jersey or the fact that someone not only bought it, but actually wears it out of the house without being embarrassed out of total consciousness. I'm continually blown away by the sheer number of people with absolutely no attention to detail on any level whatsoever. Dude has no idea at all his jersey is the way it is. Sad.

Wow. Not sure what's worse, the hack job on the jersey or the fact that someone not only bought it, but actually wears it out of the house without being embarrassed out of total consciousness. I'm continually blown away by the sheer number of people with absolutely no attention to detail on any level whatsoever. Dude has no idea at all his jersey is the way it is. Sad.

I'm sure he knows it isn't perfect. Save money, look foolish.

I'm sure he knows it isn't perfect. Save money, look foolish.

Foolish is right, but man, I sort of hope he doesn't know. If he knows that makes it worse, doesn't it? (not sure if you can actually make that worse, outside of the name on the back being his own name off center on a plate that is sewn off center on the jersey) The only justification for wearing that jersey is if his wife bought it for him and she was at the game with him & he's takin' one for the team. Even then...

That's why he's on the phone in the picture...

"Dude, I know. I know but she bought it for me! Well, what the hell am I gonna do? Dude, she's right here next to me. Yeah, she came to the game too. I KNOW I GET IT! Listen this is the only time I'm wearing it.It was a birthday gift. Ok, man, I gotta go we're going to her mothers house for dinner now."

That's why he's on the phone in the picture...

"Dude, I know. I know but she bought it for me! Well, what the hell am I gonna do? Dude, she's right here next to me. Yeah, she came to the game too. I KNOW I GET IT! Listen this is the only time I'm wearing it.It was a birthday gift. Ok, man, I gotta go we're going to her mothers house for dinner now."

Hope Mom's havin' spaghetti. And sloppy joes. And red wine. OOOOPS, silly me. I just spilled my wine, dumped my bowl of spaghetti and dropped - then smashed with both hands - my sloppy joe all over my chest, sleeves, shoulders, back, armpits, sides, waist, neck and lap. Do you have a rag so I can rub this in, I mean, try and get this out?

Below the belt sir.

Never insult a man that can hurt you more than you can hurt him.