customization laugher

trueblue2735

Come on now...we all know the REAL reason for that misspell. The kids shoulders weren't wide enough to spell out his name! Man, I did a Langenbrunner Stars jersey for a friend of mine who is about 5'2" and wears a 46. When I finished it, it almost seemed like the name was going from elbow to elbow!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now...we all know the REAL reason for that misspell. The kids shoulders weren't wide enough to spell out his name! Man, I did a Langenbrunner Stars jersey for a friend of mine who is about 5'2" and wears a 46. When I finished it, it almost seemed like the name was going from elbow to elbow!

I once saw a child at the Xcel Energy Center with Langenbrunner jersey on. I was hilarious. I wish I had a picture of it. They had to buy a bigger size than he wore to accommodate the size of the name, so it hung on him badly. It was a real up, over and down look to the name.

I saw the picture and can attest to this! Still looks like a great jersey would love to see said friend wear it in person.

For larger names can they shrink the lettering or is it mandated by the league that the letters be a certain height?

For larger names can they shrink the lettering or is it mandated by the league that the letters be a certain height?

If you go by this picture of a Langenbrunner gamer compared to a Berube gamer from the same year, it looks like they pretty much have a standard size for names, though I imagine if the name got much longer, they would probably reduce the font size, but not too much.

img7892301.jpg

img7891249.jpg

There'd be no reason to change the height, you can just change the weight/thickness of the individual characters. I've seen this done before for longer names (but can't find a pic - but I don't remember seeing it in hockey, I think it was on a football jersey).

There'd be no reason to change the height, you can just change the weight/thickness of the individual characters. I've seen this done before for longer names (but can't find a pic - but I don't remember seeing it in hockey, I think it was on a football jersey).

Then there are baseball players like Jarrod Saltalamacchia who just have the name going in an upsidedown u shape on their backs.

pg2_g_saltalamacchia1_sw_576.jpg

Then there are baseball players like Jarrod Saltalamacchia who just have the name going in an upsidedown u shape on their backs.

pg2_g_saltalamacchia1_sw_576.jpg

I would just shorten my name to "salt".

I know with football, that is somewhat the case (Ben Roethlisberger as a prime example).

Hockey on the other hand, I dont quite know, that would be interesting to find out

Actually looking at the two I posted, it does look like the letters in Langenbrunner are a bit thinner than the one in Berube (which by coincidence all the letters of Berbue are in the name Langenbrunner)

Actually looking at the two I posted, it does look like the letters in Langenbrunner are a bit thinner than the one in Berube (which by coincidence all the letters of Berbue are in the name Langenbrunner)

I'm thinking the same

Just got back from the Caps-Canadiens game at Verizon. This time, between 1st and 2nd period I decided to go into the main store rather than looking at the kiosks to see if they had any EDGE in the main store. I didn't find any, but interestingly, they had Premiers that were done "properly" right next to those NHL.com-style Premiers with the screened-on stitchmarks....for the same price!! And no, they didn't have any jerseys yet for Ovechkin as captain...still with the A.

• 2 weeks later...

From the auction description; "Looks & feels much better in person than on the photo."

Uh, yea. Right. In the photo it looks like a 1 out of 100, but in person it's a 2 out of a 100.