customization laugher

trueblue2735

That's cool and great reason! I'm with the purists, that you should not mix players with jerseys from eras they did not play in.

And I can't stand slogans or personal names on jerseys especially when the number belongs to a true star like 99, 66, 19 etc...

"Jones 99" just doesn't makes sense

The flip side to that is, what if your last name really is Crosby? Hey who's gonna know anyways when you put the 87 on.

I have a buddy who's last name is Svoboda, he can rock a few jerseys with his own last name.

1. Yes, very much so. I like having the number 13 on my jersey, but, for instance, I am a Sixers fan when it comes to basketball. There is no way I will rock my name, and a 13 on a Sixers jersey, because of Wilt Chamberlin. Seeing a hockey jersey with a 99, or a famous/retired number, with a customized name, that is very wrong.

2. Yeah, that is tricky. The way I see it, if you have the same last name as a famous player, you are better off not going for a customized jersey with your name on it, or if you are a fan of a team that famous player is on, its better just to buy that jersey. My one ex-girlfriend went this route with a Phillies jersey years back, since she shared the same last name as a player that was on the team at the time.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool and great reason! I'm with the purists, that you should not mix players with jerseys from eras they did not play in.

And I can't stand slogans or personal names on jerseys especially when the number belongs to a true star like 99, 66, 19 etc...

"Jones 99" just doesn't makes sense

The flip side to that is, what if your last name really is Crosby? Hey who's gonna know anyways when you put the 87 on.

I have a buddy who's last name is Svoboda, he can rock a few jerseys with his own last name.

In my case, they might just think I belong on a fail blog if I did that. When I play sports, I wear 16 and my last name is LaFountain. They might just think I misspelled LaFontaine.

Here's a fun one- it's not totally loathsome since it appears to be a "true" early 90's red vintage Caps replica as opposed to either a legit or recent fake 550 "vintage" replica, but I wouldn't bid or be caught wearing this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130371413223 . On its face, it seems like a great idea, as Bondra did wear the style and I don't think I've seen a red vintage Bondra on Ebay, in either authentic or replica, for quite a while, if ever. However, I must say that I have NEVER seen a CCM hemtag that far over toward the center in my life, unless it's just photographed at a very bad and strange angle (which it doesn't seem to be based on the lettering and numbers on the back being straight). I also can't really comment on the actual customization, since it's photographed from so far away, other than to note that it doesn't have the DHGate style of lettering. Even so, it's unfortunate that the stars are screened on. It would be nice to see a photo of the front, but since it has screened-on stars, I'd say it's a safe bet that this one has one of the "crest" patches that y'all know I can't stand. On a side note, it's also great and very important news for us to know that the seller has a clean home. I've seen countless items listed where the seller says their item comes from a "pet-free" and/or a "smoke-free"/"non-smoking" home, etc., but I think this is really the first time I've seen a seller also say their home was "clean." Are we as prospective buyers to infer that he or she is expecting guests? If so, who are the guests - are we invited? Are their in-laws and/or their mother coming for dinner? :P

Ummm, hello copyright infrigement

ReebokNHL.com

You gotta wonder where the Reebok lawyers are.......

This Jagr jersey is pretty funny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-JAROMIR-JAGR-CCM-HOCKEY-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ280474741470QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item414d98eade

The customization looks FAKER than the customization on a fake jersey. :lol:

btw, after looking at his other auto-ed jerseys, I'm not even convinced the autographs are legitimate.

edit: I'm a goof. I thought this was the good or not thread :rolleyes:

The whole thing is fake. It even seem like they used the fake Edge material to make this jersey

Wow that patch is quite a joke. It looks like a little kid made it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

here's your chance to get a RANGERS jersey ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170457861444

I'm really curious for an explanation why there's just one letter left on it. Did they decide after removing six out of seven that it suddenly wasn't turning out good? Was that the point that the drugs wore off and they lost interest? That's hard to understand on so many levels.

I'm really curious for an explanation why there's just one letter left on it. Did they decide after removing six out of seven that it suddenly wasn't turning out good? Was that the point that the drugs wore off and they lost interest? That's hard to understand on so many levels.

Personally I like to think that they needed the other letters for something else - like somewhere in New South Wales, Australia there's a horse named "Ranger" with a new blanket using the missing letters.

Maybe they were used in a ransom note quilt?

The world may never know.

The whole thing is fake. It even seem like they used the fake Edge material to make this jersey

I can't believe someone actually bid on that. Or can I?

and it says 'crampionship' bwahah

haha that is truly amazing. It reminds me of my friends Liverpool wallet he bought in Thailand that said "You'll Never Waik Alone" instead of Walk