customization laugher

trueblue2735

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost bought that the first time it was listed at $30.

I think it would of been a "Cute" customization if it was like a Kids S/M size with "Squirt"

But I have to wonder who "Squirt" is when he/or she wears a Mens Large

Hmm, are there now a bunch of fake vintage jerseys customized with Sid on Ebay?

4460931027_4616132e73_b_d.jpg

I've seen a ton of those on eBay for the last couple years actually. I'm not sure if the ones on eBay were fake(most likely) but that one sure doesn't look too solid. That Malkin jersey is awful too.

I Spy with my little eye, 3 fake jerseys.

More than half of the jerseys in that pic are fake

I Spy with my little eye, 3 fake jerseys.

More than half of the jerseys in that pic are fake

Let's see if I can guess them: Yellow Pens, Baby Blue Malkin, Red OV?

Verizon Center... home of the fake jerseys (both home and away fans) LOL

Yeah those Crosby vintage golds have been on ebay for a long time now. They're definitely fake because I highly doubt fans would get a vintage gold and put Sid's name on the back. The average Penguins fan MUST know he never wore that jersey....

Yeah those Crosby vintage golds have been on ebay for a long time now. They're definitely fake because I highly doubt fans would get a vintage gold and put Sid's name on the back. The average Penguins fan MUST know he never wore that jersey....

However, with the Baller crowd, throwbacks with the names of present day players are quite the hot items. It seems it is more acceptable to get a current player on a retro jersey, but getting an oldtime player on a new jersey is more frowned upon.

Though he only played pre-season with them, I am planning on getting a RBK Fleury Flames jersey.

yah just looks like a ridiculously bad customization job

Speaking of bad customization jobs, there are some BAD Pre-customized Kiprusoff jerseys i have seen in the malls. They arent fake, but they are just sooo awful. The Font is off, must of been some mixup at the factory....Its like the flames current font, but someone clicked the "Italics" button.

However, with the Baller crowd, throwbacks with the names of present day players are quite the hot items. It seems it is more acceptable to get a current player on a retro jersey, but getting an oldtime player on a new jersey is more frowned upon.

Though he only played pre-season with them, I am planning on getting a RBK Fleury Flames jersey.

Well your idea is legit because Fleury actually played with them during preseason. And during preseason they wear normal uniforms, so it wouldn't be crazy to do such a thing.

I just don't understand why people back retro jerseys with current player names. It's a jersey foul in my opinion and obviously the current players NEVER wore the retro styles. Ex. Crosby NEVER wore the 1980s gold jersey. It's like who would put Mario Lemieux on a Winter Classic jersey with the WC patch. You know how ridiculous that looks? Definitely embarrassing.

At the Hershey Bears - Wilkes Barre Penguins game today, I saw two jerseys that had to be China jobs. One exactly like that (throwback jersey with Crosby's name on it), with the stitching where the tag would be at above the name a bit off, and a Staal Winter Classic jersey, where you could tell where the fight strap was too small (at least looking at the stitching on the back of the jersey, it was definitely smaller than the typical stitching on fight straps, not to mention the fabric on it didn't look right.

Well your idea is legit because Fleury actually played with them during preseason. And during preseason they wear normal uniforms, so it wouldn't be crazy to do such a thing.

I just don't understand why people back retro jerseys with current player names. It's a jersey foul in my opinion and obviously the current players NEVER wore the retro styles. Ex. Crosby NEVER wore the 1980s gold jersey. It's like who would put Mario Lemieux on a Winter Classic jersey with the WC patch. You know how ridiculous that looks? Definitely embarrassing.

Some people may not realize that they never wore that jersey, most probably don't care. I mean after Hossa was traded to Pittsburgh, do you recall that the most common Hossa jersey to find on ebay was the Winter Classic jersey, because we all know he played in that game when he was on the Atlanta Thrashers at the time. However, people were buying it and wearing it because they didn't care.

Most aren't as picky as we are in terms of the "he didn't wear it, so you shouldn't put the name on it" aspect. While it isn't something I would do, who am I to tell someone what to spend their money on. If you ask my opinion, I will offer it, otherwise, I am just gonna keep my comments to myself and to forums like this.

At the Leaf game last night, I saw a bunch of fake Phil Kessel jerseys. I brought my camera but I didn't want to be aimlessly taking photos of random people. I did see one guy on the train home with the jersey and tried to snap it on my phone nonchalantly as if I was checking my phone but no dice. Too blurry.

Some things I noticed about the jerseys:

The crest on the jersey was huuuuuge and the 'Toronto Maple Leafs' in the crest were the wrong font.

One had what seemed to be proper cresting but the numbering and lettering were mangled font. It looked like the ones you see on ebay.

Oh I also noticed a lot of heat pressed jerseys at the game. One that stood out was a Kaberle Premier jersey with classic like bubble font... it did not look good at all. I really should have taken photos.

Edited by klam23

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite sure this guy's going to get the $350 he's asking for. And no best offer option? I actually wouldn't take this one for free.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adam-Foote-Quebec-Nordiques-Collectibles_W0QQitemZ150429718246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item23064f56e6

Not quite sure this guy's going to get the $350 he's asking for. And no best offer option? I actually wouldn't take this one for free.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adam-Foote-Quebec-Nordiques-Collectibles_W0QQitemZ150429718246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item23064f56e6

Wow, that is actually pretty bad.

Wow, that is actually pretty bad.

This one is really bad....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HARTFORD-BRETT-BOBBY-JERSEY-HULL-50-SEWN-MINT_W0QQitemZ170468101722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item27b0b0ce5a

He seems to have missed his "hockey history 101" class. He also has a "CCCP" jersey in a size 49 ???

This is even worse... The Hartford "Bunnies"? This Gylvain Turseon? OOPS.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/TURSEON-JERSEY-SIZE-52-NEW-ENGLAND-HARTFORD_W0QQitemZ170461643110QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item27b04e4166

Edited by jerseymikea

This one is really bad....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HARTFORD-BRETT-BOBBY-JERSEY-HULL-50-SEWN-MINT_W0QQitemZ170468101722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item27b0b0ce5a

He seems to have missed his "hockey history 101" class. He also has a "CCCP" jersey in a size 49 ???

This is even worse... The Hartford "Bunnies"? This Gylvain Turseon? OOPS.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/TURSEON-JERSEY-SIZE-52-NEW-ENGLAND-HARTFORD_W0QQitemZ170461643110QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item27b04e4166

THANK YOU for your purchase!

=============================================

just to let you know that your purchase helps the local

job market here as it helps create job for many families

we are in a 3rd world and food and job hard to come by thank you

I will do my best to take care of you

please rememeber to post pos feedback and 5 rating to help us

continue sell and create more job feed families.

god bless

But it helps 3rd world families get fed! :D

Maybe it's just me, but the 4 and the 8 on the arms of this jersey look like they are each in a different font.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyler-Kennedy-Pittsburgh-Penguins-48-Jersey-SIZE52_W0QQitemZ160421456203QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item2559dd294b

Other than that, this is a hot mess.