Most Valuable Jersey

SteveNJ

At this very juncture, what do you think the 5 most valuable sweaters to have in the NHL are?

Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin would immediately come to mind.

Possibly Maxim Afinogenov.

Maybe Jagr, Thornton, Cheechoo.

Even Brodeur comes in on my list.

Jerseys on their own don't really have any valuable above what they sell for, or else they would varry in price according to player. If you're talking about game worn or autographed, than Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Brodeur are certainly up there, but guys like Jagr, Shannahan, Lidstrom, Pronger, Sundin, Forsberg, Sakic and other proven stars who are nearing the mid-end of their careers are the most valuable still playing in the NHL. Guys like Yzerman, Hull, Bourque, Roy and Gretzky are among the most valuable from recently retired players, and of course the NHL greats are all incredibly value if you can come across a game used sweater or autograph.

Let's rephrase the question, what do you think, among current players, is the biggest "Must-have" jersey.

Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin.

Let's rephrase the question, what do you think, among current players, is the biggest "Must-have" jersey.

Well based on sales, most would say Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin. Me personally I don't buy a player because of the fact that he is the "In" player. I buy the jersey of a player because he is a player I like. I can't afford to get the jerseys of every "In" player, so having to be selective I will only get the players I want. Crosby may be one of the hottest young players in the league, but his jersey is likely not one that I will own in my collection unless it is given to me.

Well based on sales, most would say Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin. Me personally I don't buy a player because of the fact that he is the "In" player. I buy the jersey of a player because he is a player I like. I can't afford to get the jerseys of every "In" player, so having to be selective I will only get the players I want. Crosby may be one of the hottest young players in the league, but his jersey is likely not one that I will own in my collection unless it is given to me.

Same here. Ovechkin has been on my list for quite some time. Malkin is definitly working his way up it. Crosby most likely will never be on it though. My must have's right now are Piminville, Roy or Vanek, Havlat. Personal favorites.

Whoever your favorite player is and/or whoever your favorite team is. That's the biggest "must-have" jersey.

Crosby and Ovechkin will probably be the best-sellers. I guess. :unsure: Please excuse my lack of conviction.

Whoever your favorite player is and/or whoever your favorite team is. That's the biggest "must-have" jersey.

Crosby and Ovechkin will probably be the best-sellers. I guess. :unsure: Please excuse my lack of conviction.

Actually, as a board moderator, I find your lack of conviction entirely unacceptable. B)

I agree - the biggest must have is always going to be whatever is nearest to your heart. Whatever jersey you've had your eye on for a while, or whatever player is going to mean the most to you.

Since every individual's 'must have' jersey isn't taken into account when calculating the most popular sweaters though, I'd imagine that Crosby and Ovechkin do top the list, with Malkin not far behind and than who knows. Right now probably some Sabres, but later on it won't be likely to remain that way.

Right; imagine my disappointment had I reacted on gut instinct and gotten that Andrew Raycroft Bruins jersey....

Right; imagine my disappointment had I reacted on gut instinct and gotten that Andrew Raycroft Bruins jersey....

Don't forget about the old Jim Carey one too.

Don't forget about the old Jim Carey one too.

I really don't ever mind when a guy gets traded our turns out to be a bust. I just like having the jerseys. They remind me of different times in my life as a fan, and different times throughout the history of the NHL. I see why it would obviously bother some people if someone is traded, or turns out to be a complete bust, but I just don't happen to be one of those people. Call me a weirdo.

I really don't ever mind when a guy gets traded our turns out to be a bust. I just like having the jerseys. They remind me of different times in my life as a fan, and different times throughout the history of the NHL. I see why it would obviously bother some people if someone is traded, or turns out to be a complete bust, but I just don't happen to be one of those people. Call me a weirdo.

You're a weirdo.