2008 3rd Jersey Thread

Cooke-yMonster

The new Senators 3rd jersey:

BIB_pagebanner.JPG

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...ge&id=28304

I like it but I don't like that they put the team's nickname on it. I noticed they the jersey has the re-inforced elbow stitching like the 6100's has.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIB_pagebanner.JPG

I like it but I don't like that they put the team's nickname on it. I noticed they the jersey has the re-inforced elbow stitching like the 6100's has.

I thought the pattern was cool, too, but the logo...that's like the new lightning jerseys with the "bolts" written on the front...just plain tasteless. I just watched them defeat the rangers and I also think it's kind of goofy looking that the back of the neck is red while the rest is black. It just looks like every third jersey was thrown together as an afterthought to make more money.

I was surprised that I actually liked the Sens' third after seeing it in action. I didn't really like the pictures I saw, but in game action, I thought it was OK. The Blues' third, which they wore Friday, is great. I really like it. St. Louis, Vancouver, and Buffalo are my favorite thirds, so far. I want to see LA, Phoenix, and Tampa in game action before I have a verdict on those.

Edit: the Islanders' throwback third is great, also.

BIB_pagebanner.JPG

Same for me, it doesn't look serious when the team's nickname is the logo of the jersey

Don't like the "Sens" third..,but the Blues is the best third this year....

Dallas was wearing it's 3rd jersey again tonight against Philly. They'll probably end up replacing their current away jersey by that jersey.

Dallas was wearing it's 3rd jersey again tonight against Philly. They'll probably end up replacing their current away jersey by that jersey.

Thant would mean, they'd have 2 different black jerseys. They should have made a green jersey as their 3rd.

Thant would mean, they'd have 2 different black jerseys. They should have made a green jersey as their 3rd.

Why would they need a second black jersey? They can just wear their current white 3rd jersey as their official away jersey and keep the black one for the home games.

The Dallas third jersey is white. It's a white version of their current home black jersey. So if they made the new third jersey their away, then they'd have one white and one black.

I do agree they need to have a green jersey. Bring back the star design!

It is the exact same shade of blue for the current jerseys. The flash makes it seem lighter than it is. The crest also matches the blue of the jersey, it's just the twill of the logo is more reflective than the polyester of the jersey.

Good to know! It looks great.

BTW- I caught some of that St. Louis game last night and I totally dig the third jerseys! They are simple, uncluttered (especially at the bottom) and as you well know, I am a sucker for the ties.

post-52-1227712929_thumb.jpg

BTW- I caught some of that St. Louis game last night and I totally dig the third jerseys! They are simple, uncluttered (especially at the bottom) and as you well know, I am a sucker for the ties.

I gotta admit I liked the St. Louis 3rd jerseys more after seeing them in action on Versus last night as well.

I gotta admit I liked the St. Louis 3rd jerseys more after seeing them in action on Versus last night as well.

I saw it last night, too. Finally , a thrid jersey I can tolerate. It reminds me of the Oilers thirds a few years ago with just enough yellow to give i t some more contrast. I am also a big fan of the laces at the neck. I think all third jerseys should have a "vintage" look including the laces, just to keep some tradition in the game.

Time to spread a little story of thanks, on U.S. Thanksgiving. :)

On Tuesday, I went to the Blackhawks-Coyotes game, wearing the previously mentioned Coyotes replica 3rd jersey for the fourth time. Three minutes into the game, the head of security summons me to the concourse. Up there, I was met by the VP of guest relations and Director of promotions. They asked who I was and how I got the jersey. I told them I bought it on ebay from someone in Indonesia, which is where Premiers jerseys are made; I see it for sale, I'm buying it and wearing it. They were surprised to hear that I had worn it three times already (and NOW they notice?). I told the the security guy that I don't like the size tag, so I removed it, which I do on all mine. That may have made them thing the jersey was counterfeit, but I insisted that they compare it to any other "Premier" jersey. Anyway, they said that there were going to announce that there would be a 3rd jersey unveiled on 11/28 fifteen minutes from then. The promotions director said mine was a knockoff and that the real (albeit replica) ones were slightly different. We argued back and forth, but I was missing the game. I don't think she heard that I removed the size tag, but I told her to compare it to any other replica jersey, it's legit. I wasn't going to win the argument, but whatever. She said I could keep the jersey, which they preferred I not do to 'protect the brand' (SPARE ME! images are all over the internet already). I asked them if I give the jersey over, what's in it for me? The Guest Relations VP said I'll get it back at the next game, and it will be signed by the players. Hmmm. OK, so then I asked what do I wear in the meantime, I said it gets cold down in the stands. After more chatting and the three of them frantically typing away on their blackberries, I was asked what color jersey I liked and what size do I take. I told him white (which they were wearing), L. Over at the souvenir stand, he gets me a white replica, removes the price tags and signs off on a receipt, I think, I couldn't tell. Brand new jersey, excellent! I swapped jerseys, we all exchanged business cards and I went back down to my seat, in my new white jersey. How embarrassing, but most people didn't seem to pay attention. I didn't miss much at all during the game (there was nothing to miss that night), but I had quite a story for the people in my section. They were like, "they took your jersey???" I told them that it was OK and told them the story and they thought that was cool. Crap, I should have taken a photo of it when I had it, after all. 15 minutes later, the announcement that the 3rd jersey will be worn on 11/28, but they didn't show a picture of it (in the 1st intermission of last Saturday's game, it was revealed).

For a couple of hours on Tuesday, they held a special sale for season ticket holders. I checked, mine was ready for me, so I went down and picked this up...

autophx3rd.jpg

They sent the one I purchased to the NHL for whatever reason and gave me a brand new one (size XL, but no big deal). Of course since it's black, the players signed in silver and copper sharpies. I didn't count how many of them there were, but I recognized a good core of the players. I didn't see Gretzky's, but I have his, already. So, anyway, I could have been pretty defiant and told them, "no you don't, this is mine, screw you guys, you can't have it, etc.", however, they addressed the awkward situation very courteously and professionally and did not compensate me unfairly. I wound up with an extra jersey for my troubles and cooperation. The organization has always treated me well and I was so pleased that while I was down there to pick that one up, I purchased an authentic one, which I was eventually going to do, anyhow. Win-win for everyone, IMO...except for the ebay seller, whom I believe has removed all NHL jerseys from his listings. :ninja:

So, despite 2008 being a pretty rotten year for me personally, I'd say I'm thankful that I have this hockey team to follow, even if they have trouble winning most nights. B)

That's a good story. I'm surprised that they somehow managed to make you happy in a situation that probably would have left someone unhappy 90% of the time. It's good that you pushed them a little to see how they would respond. ^_^

DR- that's crazy they would take your jersey but you got a cool story and a great auto'ed jersey out of it.

Just curious, do you like the new third? I saw some other potential jersey designs and I have to admit, I like them with the coyote with the circle behind him a little bit better (especially the first jersey in this post) then the current one.

http://melroserocks.blogspot.com/2008/12/s...settled-on.html

I don't know why they were so afraid of me having it, but everyone's content. They did say I could have kept it, but I wanted to see how much it meant to them and they exceeded my expectation. I matched up the sigs with the roster and the goalies did not sign my jersey. I'm not surprised. Each year, STH's get to spend an after-game 'reception'/cattle call waiting for players for autographs when they are all dressed up and leaving the arena. The staff always ends the function before the goalies ever come out. Someone told me they do a lot of post-game P.T. and that takes a long time, so they close shop, so I'm not surprised if the secret society of goaltenders was unavailable. That's my guess. I won't go to them and complain about that. I think I will eventually get it numbered with "09", no name, since the back of it looks naked to me and number font they use looks very bold against black for some reason. I'm afraid to wash it, I don't want the metallic sharpie ink to wear off.

I like the 3rd jersey a lot, but it took me a period of play to get used to it. It looks better from close up than from the upper level of the arena.

I saw the rejected designs from here: http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?service=p...rticleid=395699

My favorite part of the jersey is that there are no laces on it, I'm one of the few who finds those annoying. There was one design I wouldn't have minded - the Coyote running with the moon, mountain and cacti in the background. It would have lessened the 'roadkill' effect. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys noticed both the sabres and the leafs were wearing their third jerseys in last night's game? I didn't even know that was allowed! I think it's awesome!