Huge blow for the Devils

lafountain

I can honestly say that I respect Brodeur - he is a work horse and has racked up some incredible stats over his career. While many goalies seem to have their ups and downs, he has stayed incredibly consistent is always appears to be at the top of his game.

All that being said, I am still a Rangers fan - so the news made me smile.

Maybe he will actually be rested for once going into the playoffs (assuming the Devils actually make the playoffs). Very talented goaltender but clearly has been running out of gas in the postseason as of late.

• 2 weeks later...
I can honestly say that I respect Brodeur - he is a work horse and has racked up some incredible stats over his career. While many goalies seem to have their ups and downs, he has stayed incredibly consistent is always appears to be at the top of his game.

I'm still amazed he puts up the numbers that he does to this day. Looking at the stats on his hockey cards is an interesting read. I'm not too sure he's going to win another Cup though.

I'm still amazed he puts up the numbers that he does to this day. Looking at the stats on his hockey cards is an interesting read. I'm not too sure he's going to win another Cup though.

Luongo now down! What is up with the superstar goalies this year? More room for Theodore? :rolleyes:

Luongo now down! What is up with the superstar goalies this year? More room for Theodore? :rolleyes:

Hahaha. There was a "Trade Theodore" thread that someone started on the Washington Capitals message board a few weeks after the season started, and it's seen a ton of action since. Absolutely no one is behind that guy. The Caps have this "Get To Know Jose" promotion going on right now. Supposedly you answer some trvia questions about him, and then you can get a chance to meet him or win stuff that he's signed. At the last home game they showed an advertisement for "Get To Know Jose" after the first period. It actually got some "Boooooos"!!!

Hahaha. There was a "Trade Theodore" thread that someone started on the Washington Capitals message board a few weeks after the season started, and it's seen a ton of action since. Absolutely no one is behind that guy. The Caps have this "Get To Know Jose" promotion going on right now. Supposedly you answer some trvia questions about him, and then you can get a chance to meet him or win stuff that he's signed. At the last home game they showed an advertisement for "Get To Know Jose" after the first period. It actually got some "Boooooos"!!!

hahahaha! that is a great story! So basically, people want to forget Jose at this point?

hahahaha! that is a great story! So basically, people want to forget Jose at this point?

Hahahha. Forget Jose is right; That should be the slogan. Most everyone here is already considering him a bust. It's pretty bad when we get excited that Brent Johnson is in net. Too bad we couldn't resign Huet. I'd even take Kolzig back over Theodore. I just hope we don't unload Nylander too soon. A lot people have been upset with his play, but I think he's doing just fine. He's a puck controlling playmaker, but they expect him to score a ton of goals here.