Patches

Mach_9

Does anyone know where to find a large selection of authentic patches? I have a couple of all-star jerseys that I want to make fully authentic by putting the country flag on one arm and the team logo on the other. 2000-2001 all-star games. I'd need a Sweden flag, an Avalanche logo, a Russia flag, and a Florida logo. They can't be too expensive either, as I just can't afford to pay boatloads right now.

On a sidenote, knowing where to find good patches is nice anyways. I can always go back and authenticate a jersey with a SCF patch or something if I want to, so it's nice to know good places to get these things.

Does anyone know where to find a large selection of authentic patches? I have a couple of all-star jerseys that I want to make fully authentic by putting the country flag on one arm and the team logo on the other. 2000-2001 all-star games. I'd need a Sweden flag, an Avalanche logo, a Russia flag, and a Florida logo. They can't be too expensive either, as I just can't afford to pay boatloads right now.

On a sidenote, knowing where to find good patches is nice anyways. I can always go back and authenticate a jersey with a SCF patch or something if I want to, so it's nice to know good places to get these things.

Not to mention an IJ competitor, but River City carries a lot of patches. Check eBay, there are a few merchants that sell patches. Inexpensive patches? Good luck. With the amount I have spent on patches over the years, I could have several more jerseys in my collection. I expect to pay about $10-$15 for any given patch. I use patchcollectibles.com for all sports, always check them. When I want to 'authenticate' my jersey with patches, I don't worry too much about price, as the patches are enough of a challenge just to simply find sometimes.

Not to mention an IJ competitor, but River City carries a lot of patches. Check eBay, there are a few merchants that sell patches. Inexpensive patches? Good luck. With the amount I have spent on patches over the years, I could have several more jerseys in my collection. I expect to pay about $10-$15 for any given patch. I use patchcollectibles.com for all sports, always check them. When I want to 'authenticate' my jersey with patches, I don't worry too much about price, as the patches are enough of a challenge just to simply find sometimes.

By expensive I meant, ~$50, as I have seen some in that range on ebay and around the web. I'll look into your suggestions though. I appreciate the help. I just can't afford to shell out roughly $100 on two arm patches to make an all-star jersey 'authentic' when the authentic itself only cost me $230.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly every patch I have has come through ebay. It's really unusual to find them anywhere retail, except for the places mentioned above, Rivercity and patchcollectibles.com

Patience is a good thing to have though. Sometimes things don't come up for awhile, and then there will suddenly be 4 in less than 3 weeks.

The flags and team logos should be on ebay just for the asking though. I just got some Canada flags, Penguins logos and Rangers logos all for between $5-$8 and several were buy it now fixed prices as well.

Nearly every patch I have has come through ebay. It's really unusual to find them anywhere retail, except for the places mentioned above, Rivercity and patchcollectibles.com

Patience is a good thing to have though. Sometimes things don't come up for awhile, and then there will suddenly be 4 in less than 3 weeks.

The flags and team logos should be on ebay just for the asking though. I just got some Canada flags, Penguins logos and Rangers logos all for between $5-$8 and several were buy it now fixed prices as well.

Nice finds. I try to look on ebay once in a while, but overall don't have the time to be a steady watcher. When I do come across something, I almost always pick it up. Welcome to the boards!

This is the place to go.

http://stores.ebay.com/FanNHL-Sports-Collectibles

Not only do they have the Sweden and Russia available on demand in their ebay store, they are also the authentic styles used on the All-Star jerseys with the white border around them, where most flag patches just have a embroidered edge. This will give you the exact look if the patch is sewn onto any colored background.

If for any reason you don't see the flag patches right away, just search their store for "NHL flag patch"

Then just click on the team name off to the left column for the team logo patches you are looking for.

Thanks for the welcome. If you want to talk jersey patches, I can go on and on all day about that topic! Any of my 250 jerseys that I can justify having a patch on it has one.

JeffB

• 10 months later...

Hey that's a really great site. It actually answered a question I was about to ask.

EDIT: Just so you know, the Rangers 2005-06 Messier patch page says 'Islanders' instead of 'Rangers'. YIKES!

River City Sports is having a 50% off sale on all their patches.

http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/direct_p...e=9p&like=1

They were always higher priced than what you could find on ebay, but they do stock some things I've never seen on ebay. With their prices cut in half, they are now what I would call "competitive" with the rest of the market.

There's still no real steals to be found, $12 for a Stanley Cup Centennial patch isn't bad, but you can now get things on demand, but be prepared - their shipping charges are sickening.

I would still double check ebay before buying from them just in case you can find it for the same price but only have to pay a fair and reasonable amount for the shipping.

Anyone got a bead on college patches? I just got my Seawolves jersey in the mail and need to put on a WCHA patch.

Its a great jersey, seawolves logo on the chest and both shoulders. I will upload pics at some point.

Questions: What was the occasion for the Red Wings to wear the Thrasher's Dan Snyder Memorial Patch? For how long did they wear it? Did they wear it on both jerseys or just the red one? I saw a pic of Yzerman wearing the red jersey with that patch on it. Does anyone know?

Questions: What was the occasion for the Red Wings to wear the Thrasher's Dan Snyder Memorial Patch? For how long did they wear it? Did they wear it on both jerseys or just the red one? I saw a pic of Yzerman wearing the red jersey with that patch on it. Does anyone know?

It was worn only once by the Red Wings, they played a game against the Thrashers on 31 Dec 03 as a tribute to Snyder and afterwards the jerseys and some game pucks were auctioned off for charity.

http://www.nhlpa.com/MediaReleases/Release...91C8BB2A1D24%7D

It was worn only once by the Red Wings, they played a game against the Thrashers on 31 Dec 03 as a tribute to Snyder and afterwards the jerseys and some game pucks were auctioned off for charity.

http://www.nhlpa.com/MediaReleases/Release...91C8BB2A1D24%7D

That´s the info I needed. Thank you!

Any chance you could post a photo of Detroit wearing the Snyder patch?

Getty Images doesn't seem to have that game in their files online.

As for college patches, that's getting pretty obscure/specialized. An ebay search is the best bet. Custom Crafted was selling some odds and ends for a while like that, but it was very heavily skewed towards the Eastern teams since they are located in out there.

The only WCHA patches I've ever, ever seen were a one time custom order in conjunction with a group jersey order on the Minnesota Gophers message boards.

You might want to contact Kyle at http://vintageminnesotahockey.com/ . He's got some patches on his web site here and was the one who did the WCHA patches earlier. Perhaps if enough requests came in, he'd consider having a small run of them done again.

It's a real tricky thing though. You can always make them in white, hoping to be able to sell enough to justify the production run, but then you have to be concerned with what color fabric the letters are on to match the jersey you want them to go on. The easy way around that is to make them all on white fabric, but then the opposite problem comes up - is the color of the letters correct for your jersey? I doubt if he'd ever sell enough of anything other than maroon to Gophers fans to go with the Minnesota throwbacks he's planning on adding to his store to justify the expense of making them in green or red.

Here's my jersey with the patch on it. Click on it to see the web page and then click on the magnifying glass icon to see it full size.

2460190880100337552PWfWZX_th.jpg

You might want to contact Kyle at http://vintageminnesotahockey.com/ . He's got some patches on his web site here and was the one who did the WCHA patches earlier. Perhaps if enough requests came in, he'd consider having a small run of them done again.

Many thanks Jeff- I will start looking into it!

I actually found a pair of Vancouver Canucks 25th anniversary patches on eBay a few days ago. If anyone is interested in one of them, let me know.

Speaking of the Canucks, if anyone has a "Canuck Place" patch worn on the old flying skate style jerseys, I'm in the market for one.

Any chance you could post a photo of Detroit wearing the Snyder patch?

Getty Images doesn't seem to have that game in their files online.

Yzerman-Snyder.jpg

Many thanks Jeff- I will start looking into it!

I talked to that Kyle guy and it turns out the WCHA logo on the North Dakota jerseys are actually embroidered on and it is not a patch. I always thought it looked like that but I was never sure. Anyway, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be embroidered or a patch on the jersey you have, but you may want to consider that. He said he could send me a patch but I think I'd rather just have a jersey without the WCHA logo on it (since that is the way they are sold) than have a patch put on that was never actually worn.

Just figured I'd let you know that you might want to make sure that it is in fact a patch before you spend your money on it.