Robert Lang season/career ending injury

akteon

Various news agencies are reporting that Robert Lang's injury in the Canadiens loss to the Bruins yesterday is at least season ending if not career ending. Apparently he severed his Achilles's tendon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/118421-...-loss-to-boston

I always like Lang - I thought he was kind of underrated for his ability. I was also saddened because he was doing well for me on my fantasy team lately. First Briere and now Lang - apparently being a center on my fantasy team is bad luck.

WOW. I saw it when it happened and it didn't seem like much but holy crap a torn achilles is brutal to recover from. That's what ended Lawrence Taylor's career too.

Oh man, that sucks. I loved him on the Pens waaaay back on the day. Always a good solid contributor. Sorry to hear about such a drastic injury.

Wow, have had a lot going on the past few days so hadn't heard about this at all. Really sucks to hear, to have such a major injury so late in his career is what makes it worse and adds to the likelihood that he won't come back. Kind of hoping that he can come back and play a full season again though.

Do you think this will push the Habs to go after a center before the deadline?

They'd have to.

And Lang's not really underrated for his ability as much as he's being rated for his consistency or lack thereof. He's talented, but if his confidence dips, his performance suffers. That was probably the most frustrating thing about his last year in Detroit. And when Tomas Fleischman started stepping up in Washington, I was thinking "we gave up THAT? For THIS?"