Trade Deadline Day

One of my favorite hockey days of the year (outside HDiC). I figured I would make a thread for all the wheeling and dealing that will take place tomorrow. Any predictions for your team? Personally I think the Sabres will stand pat and will maybe trade Max if that for a 5th defensemen or power forward. Pretty slow day is what I am predicting. I am planning on getting NO work done before 3PM EST and am completely fine with that. :thumbsup:

Yotes are looking to deal Derrick Morris... Ill be very sad to see him go.

I heard Morris might go to the Capitals! I'd definitely be cool with that. We are really in need of a solid d-man. :thumbsup:

I'd want Gary Roberts on my team just to show the kids some grit and professionalism. Team him up with Owen Nolan on the Wild and the youngsters would get an education that would last a lifetime.

I heard Morris might go to the Capitals! I'd definitely be cool with that. We are really in need of a solid d-man. :thumbsup:

In a crazy rumor, its Biron to the Coyotes for Morris and THEN to the Sabs for Max and Tallinder! I put the likelihood of this one being about 5%.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2009/0...o.html#comments

I would love to see Buffalo add some depth at the deadline and pickup another defenseman.

Would be nice to see Max traded, but sadly don't see anyone taking him.

Contract year, makes 3.5 million, has been on a downward spiral the last few years, hasn't played since 3 Jan, and is having a bad year on top of it all when he does play. Not really sure if he can help any teams in contention and why would Buffalo trade him to a contender if they feel they still have a shot? I do like the guy, and hope that he turns it around next season wherever it is, but I don't forsee him still wearing a Buffalo jersey next season.

I would love to see Buffalo add some depth at the deadline and pickup another defenseman.

Would be nice to see Max traded, but sadly don't see anyone taking him.

Agreed on all fronts. Max getting hurt when he did screwed any chance of him being moved at this deadline unless he is packaged with an actual talented player. The fact the Sabs couldn't move him over the summer tells you all you need to know about his value now.

I'd want Gary Roberts on my team just to show the kids some grit and professionalism.

I agree Roberts could be a huge asset to some of the younger teams.

Like Shanny should have been for the Rangers this year ... /hangs head low muttering something about "fire" and "Sather"

I agree Roberts could be a huge asset to some of the younger teams.

Like Shanny should have been for the Rangers this year ... /hangs head low muttering something about "fire" and "Sather"

Fire him? But he just brought in Avery via waivers! There is a "real" asset (good on the ice until he poisons the locker room). :rolleyes:

Breaking via Mirtle:

With 24 teams in action and less than 24 hours until the trade deadline, expect all sorts of players to be held out of the lineup tonight. Toronto has already announced that Nik Antropov and Dominic Moore, both pending UFAs likely to be moved, will not play tonight against the Devils.

http://www.fromtherink.com/

Happy Trade Deadline Day! A few updates from TSN already this morning. Tim Connolly and the Sabs are going to resume talks at 9am to see if they can get a deal done before deadline. TC is apparently asking for 3 years (which is waaaay too long). Also, Puck Daddy is reporting Pronger is off the trading block.

Last night Alex Burrows signed a 4 year $8 mill deal with the Canucks.

Tim Connolly signs for 4.5 per year for 2 years (arrrrgh :fight: )

Leopold to the Flames.

Jokenin rumored to be going to the Flames.

Tellqvist to the Sabres for a 4th rounder.

Gerber off waivers to the Leafs (?!?!?)

Puck Daddy says the Rangers and sniffing around St. Louis ???????

Jokinen to Flames for 1st round, Lombardi and Prust (whoever the hell that is).

Wow, I mean the Flames got a lot better and really didn't give that much up for Olli. Plus that 1st round pick will probably be late in first round. So Desert Dogs really throwing in the towel? That's depressing, I really like their team.

I like the Vermette trade for the Jackets - I'm really hoping Columbus finally makes the playoffs.

Jokinen to the Flames seems like a steal to me.

The Rangers interest in St. Louis seems natural with Torts behind the bench. I did find it funny that Erik Reitz's career on Broadway lasted only 11 games - but the Rangers had to get rid of Dan Fritsche somehow.

Jokinen to Flames for 1st round, Lombardi and Prust (whoever the hell that is).

Wow, I mean the Flames got a lot better and really didn't give that much up for Olli. Plus that 1st round pick will probably be late in first round. So Desert Dogs really throwing in the towel? That's depressing, I really like their team.

I'm pretty well convinced Jokinen didn't want to be in Phoenix, I'm not sorry to see him go. Would've liked a bit more back, but I think overall this move's good for all sides.

Couple last minute deals for the blueshirts:

- Rangers get Antropov for a second round pick from the Leafs.

- Rangers get Derek Morris from the Coyotes in exchange for Dimitri Kalinin, Petr Prucha, and Nigel Dawes.

I'm glad to be rid of Kalinin, and Prucha never returned to his rookie season form (though he didn't get much ice time to work things out) but I gotta admit the stunner for me is Dawes. He's a scrappy kid who plays hard despite his size and can score some nice goals, especially in the shoot out. Atleast he's going to Phoenix - a team I've always had a soft spot for.

Apparently the Capitals did NOTHING, but they did announce the return of Brian Pothier. That's good news, as our defense has been struggling.

Apparently the Capitals did NOTHING, but they did announce the return of Brian Pothier. That's good news, as our defense has been struggling.

Crazy 4 team trade after the deadline:

http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/3/4/780849...eam-de#comments