Trade Deadline Day

Also Akt, what's your thoughts on the Morris trade? Is that a bit of cap dumping from the Rangers, seems like a lot for a guy who's UFA in the summer.

I honestly think that Phoenix got the better end of the deal, but the Rangers did address a gaping hole in their defense.

I would have loved it if it was just Kalinin and Prucha and a pick for Morris - but from what I've read, Dawes is who Don Maloney was really after. Dawes is a RFA (as is Prucha) and I think they'll try to resign one or both.

I haven't looked at the Coyotes roster lately, do they have any older Czech players? Prucha seemed to excel when Jagr took him under his wing. Dawes can hopefully make an immediate impact for Phoenix and I have no doubt that having Gretzky as a coach will help young Nigel improve his game. Kalinin appears to have left his best years in Buffalo.

I like that pickup by the Oilers of getting Patrick O'Sullivan.

The Ducks were extremely busy, I'm surprised they dealt Moen and Huskins to the division rival Sharks. By my count, they only have about a dozen players left from the Cup team of 06-07.

I don't like the return for the Kings. I wonder what they are doing, going away from the youth movement for a hurt older player????

Only got 2 Czechs; Hanzal and Michalek. Agree with you about DM being after Dawes, a bit like the trade last season which got us Montoya. I'd imagine Kalinin (like the other Hossa in that trade) won't be around next season (he's UFA I think), but hopefully we can get the others signed up.

Pretty good deadline day for the Yotes I reckon, all in all.

I don't like the return for the Kings. I wonder what they are doing, going away from the youth movement for a hurt older player????

Too bad they didn't try to snag Cole instead of Williams.

Speaking of which, what about Scott Clemmensen now? What do you do with him if you're the Devils? I'm kinda surprised he didn't get moved if they're going to stay with Weekes backing up Brodeur. The Devils are going to be one scary team this postseason.

I honestly think that Phoenix got the better end of the deal, but the Rangers did address a gaping hole in their defense.

Eh...I'd do that deal any day of the week. Those three were going NOWHERE with the Rangers; regardless of the coach. If I had the chance though, I'd go back to 2006-07 and give Chicago Prucha for Brent Seabrook like they'd offered!

Getting Tellqvist I was happy about as it gives Buffalo a backup goalie for Lalime while Miller is out. Other than that though, was not overly happy about the Buffalo day. In a sense they traded Kotalik for Dominic Moore, not really sure that is a major improvement. It is an improvement, but not what I personally was looking for.

Getting Tellqvist I was happy about as it gives Buffalo a backup goalie for Lalime while Miller is out. Other than that though, was not overly happy about the Buffalo day. In a sense they traded Kotalik for Dominic Moore, not really sure that is a major improvement. It is an improvement, but not what I personally was looking for.

I hear you, I feel kinda "meh" after this whole thing. I am not sure if the Sabres are THAT improved after all the wheeling and dealing and I am not happy about locking up Timmy for that much money.

For the Devils, talking to the fans here, they are thinking that Clemensen is definitely the backup and it will be Weekes the odd man out. It was just a waiver issue but surprising Lou didn't move at least one of em.

Eh...I'd do that deal any day of the week. Those three were going NOWHERE with the Rangers; regardless of the coach. If I had the chance though, I'd go back to 2006-07 and give Chicago Prucha for Brent Seabrook like they'd offered!

I'm just sorry to see Dawes go. I do agree with you on Kalinin and Prucha going nowhere with the Rangers. Prucha developed a good sized chip on his shoulder over the last two seasons, that probably will only go away with a change of scenery. Kalinin is a pylon. With Dawes, I just hate seeing a guy who's been in the Rangers system so long and does have some promise being gone. But honestly the Rangers defense has been hurting for the last 2 years (longer depending on who you talk to) and you have to give up something good to get something good.

I guess I missed the Prucha for Seabrook offer a couple years back - that would have been great. Makes ya wonder "what if" ... Larry Brooks had a piece recently attributing the last couple of seasons of woe with the Rangers to them not resigning Nylander which apparently was due to some shadiness his agent pulled without his knowledge - definitely fun to think about how things might have turned out.

Great day for the Wild. :rolleyes: The Flames get Jokinen and Leopold and Patrick O' Sullivan, who was once ours, is now back in the division. Sheesh...