2002(?) USA jersey question

ok hopefully someone on this board knows the answer to this-

So I have a friend that me and another guy are teaching to play hockey. today we're skating around talking about jerseys and he tells us this:

He works for a moving company, and around 2002 he moved stuff for some USA team; tons of pucks, sticks, gear and all that. He says he thinks it was the Olympic team but I don't think they ever came near here (colorado). Dude knows nothing about hockey so it could be any USA team, probably some junior team or something.

anyway, when they finished the job the team let the each mover have a jersey. I haven't seen it yet but this is how he described it-

Nike brand

white with USA logo in a blue circle

name on it is D. Smith #77

apparently it's game-used

so anyone have any idea who/what this jersey is? we all work at night together and he's gonna bring it in tomorrow, so I'll post pics when I see it.

Edited by HawksFan79

Nike brand

white with USA logo in a blue circle

name on it is D. Smith #77

apparently it's game-used

so anyone have any idea who/what this jersey is? we all work at night together and he's gonna bring it in tomorrow, so I'll post pics when I see it.

USA Hockey Inc. is located in Colorado Springs and probably held some sort of tryout camp or based a team there or some such thing. The USA logo in a circle dates it back to 1998-2002. That was the style the Olympic team wore in Nagano, Japan in 98 and they wore a new style in Salt Lake in 2002.

You are right about it most likely being some sort of junior team. I've never known any American NHLer named Smith and #77. May even turn out to be a women's team jersey if they were willing to give it away since their program started up by then. :stickhndl:

Still, sounds like a cool thing to get for free.

thanks for the reply Jeff, we actually live in Colorado Springs so that makes sense.

pics-

IMG00209.jpg

IMG00211.jpg

IMG00210.jpg

Edited by HawksFan79