Ducks Make Moves

Mach_9

Ducks shipped off Fedoruk to Boston and Chistov to Philly for draft picks. They picked up Parros from Colorado and cleared up 800,000 cap space. I'm surprised to see Chistov go, but he has been an under achiever all along. Looks to me like the Ducks are making changes to accomodate for a trade or potential call-ups. Seems like they're trying to perfect the recipe now and cut those who haven't been contributing thus far out of the picture. I wonder if they've got anything up their sleeve...

Ducks shipped off Fedoruk to Boston and Chistov to Philly for draft picks. They picked up Parros from Colorado and cleared up 800,000 cap space. I'm surprised to see Chistov go, but he has been an under achiever all along. Looks to me like the Ducks are making changes to accomodate for a trade or potential call-ups. Seems like they're trying to perfect the recipe now and cut those who haven't been contributing thus far out of the picture. I wonder if they've got anything up their sleeve...

Though he has been an underachiever thus far in his career, I have always liked Chistov. I hope he realizes something and starts to play to his abilities in Philadelphia (just not against Buffalo).

Though considering the Ducks start, makes you wonder what they have in mind with these deals.

Though he has been an underachiever thus far in his career, I have always liked Chistov. I hope he realizes something and starts to play to his abilities in Philadelphia (just not against Buffalo).

Though considering the Ducks start, makes you wonder what they have in mind with these deals.

I've always liked Chistov as well, and would like to see him pick it up in Philly. God knows Philly needs it. As for Anaheim, not really sure what they've got in the works, but it was interesting to see the leagues best team making some minor moves.

I saw that Fedoruk got traded. My most recent memory of him was in the game against Minnesota a couple of weeks ago. He hunted Derek Boogaard down and challenged him to a fight. They tangles for a few seconds, but Fedoruk was knocked out with a hard right and fell like a sack of potatoes. He wanted some, he got some!

Pretty sure Fedoruk hasn't played since. Might be why that's your most recent memory :lol:

I just looked at the numbers on the year for Chistov, he has been a healthy scratch in every game for the Ducks but one. Guessing in Philly he will get more ice time than he did in Anaheim.

I just looked at the numbers on the year for Chistov, he has been a healthy scratch in every game for the Ducks but one. Guessing in Philly he will get more ice time than he did in Anaheim.

Really? I'm surprised they'd keep him scratched and then trade him. There are guys on that team that I would sit before him. Well, Philly can certainly make use of a young, quick offensive minded player. Hopefully Chistov can reach his potential there.

Really? I'm surprised they'd keep him scratched and then trade him. There are guys on that team that I would sit before him. Well, Philly can certainly make use of a young, quick offensive minded player. Hopefully Chistov can reach his potential there.

I agree that there are players I would likely have scratched before Chistov, but considering the teams record you can't really say the coach made a mistake.

Apparantly this was posted backwards as Fedoruk went to the Flyers and Chistov went to the Bruins and not the other way around as was originally posted.

Chistov to the Bruins still helps them too.

I was gonna say..yes CHistov to the Bruins. I was bitter that he didn't get top line in Anaheim because he deserves it but whatever. Here's hoping he excels and makes Burke look like an idiot for getting rid of him.

I was gonna say..yes CHistov to the Bruins. I was bitter that he didn't get top line in Anaheim because he deserves it but whatever. Here's hoping he excels and makes Burke look like an idiot for getting rid of him.

Anaheim lost to Philly and Chicago since the deal, so maybe having Chistov, even if they didn't play him, was the key to their success? :lol: