"barber shop" jersey

Carl

The Habs were supposed to wear the famous barbershop jersey tonight against the hawks, but Gainey decided the jersey distracted the players and so the habs wear the 1915-1916 "CA" jersey instead.

RDS, in their latest edition of sportscentre, made a top 3 of the league's worst jerseys. In 3rd place was the ducks's 3rd in 96. When they showed the jersey on tv, the ducks were playing the kings who were also wearing their 3rds in the game! Wouldn't that be the ultimate game!? Ahaha

In second place was the canucks "V" jersey

In first place was the bruins' yellow 3rd.

The Habs were supposed to wear the famous barbershop jersey tonight against the hawks, but Gainey decided the jersey distracted the players and so the habs wear the 1915-1916 "CA" jersey instead.

RDS, in their latest edition of sportscentre, made a top 3 of the league's worst jerseys. In 3rd place was the ducks's 3rd in 96. When they showed the jersey on tv, the ducks were playing the kings who were also wearing their 3rds in the game! Wouldn't that be the ultimate game!? Ahaha

In second place was the canucks "V" jersey

In first place was the bruins' yellow 3rd.

I'm sorry, but if you don't like the Canucks "V", you hate freedom, and puppies. The "V" stood for Victory.

They go past the point of being terrible to be terribly awesome. J/K

I can think of a lot of jerseys worse than those three. The Blues proposed 3rd from 95, The Seals pastel unis, Islanders "Fish Sticks", Lightning "storm"

I'm sorry, but if you don't like the Canucks "V", you hate freedom, and puppies. The "V" stood for Victory.

They go past the point of being terrible to be terribly awesome. J/K

I can think of a lot of jerseys worse than those three. The Blues proposed 3rd from 95, The Seals pastel unis, Islanders "Fish Sticks", Lightning "storm"

Can the Blues jersey really count if they never wore it?

I also don't really think the Lightning storm alternate was bad at all. Well, the probably over did it with the lightning bolts down the sleeves, but the body of the jersey was pretty clever.

Too bad Gainey pulled the plug on the retro jersey. It's honoring their past during their Centennial season. C'mon Bob. Lighten up.

Can the Blues jersey really count if they never wore it?

I also don't really think the Lightning storm alternate was bad at all. Well, the probably over did it with the lightning bolts down the sleeves, but the body of the jersey was pretty clever.

Too bad Gainey pulled the plug on the retro jersey. It's honoring their past during their Centennial season. C'mon Bob. Lighten up.

I'm sure things would've been different if the habs had continued to play like they played in the first half of the season.

Seriously. A distraction? How is a hockey sweater a distraction? Don't spit on history because you're tanking in a playoff race.

They go past the point of being terrible to be terribly awesome.

HA! Cheers to that.

Seriously. A distraction? How is a hockey sweater a distraction? Don't spit on history because you're tanking in a playoff race.

They go past the point of being terrible to be terribly awesome.

HA! Cheers to that.

Players thought they looked ridiculous in those jerseys and Price said he couldn't recognize his own players.

But I agree with you, players shouldn't spit on history. I was disappointed

I don't think those jerseys were that bad. I think what made it worst is that the socks are the exact same as the jersey, it's too many stripes. If they had white socks with a blue and a red stripe on them I think it would be way better. Sorry about the crappy artwork (MS PAINT).

3404944433_8d1482dddb_o.jpg

Talking about ugly jerseys...

was that picture taken in a mirror or something? Look at the logo and the numbers on his arm

Players thought they looked ridiculous in those jerseys and Price said he couldn't recognize his own players.

But I agree with you, players shouldn't spit on history. I was disappointed

Price said what?! He couldn't pick THIS out against a background of white or the dark background of the fans?

Against a team wearing white?

84710073.jpg

He's an idiot for saying that. No wonder he has so much trouble finding the puck...

He's an idiot for saying that. No wonder he has so much trouble finding the puck...

In his defense, a pattern like that will make it more difficult to pick up the outline and speed a players is traveling. the white stripes would provide some camouflage against the boards and the ice. The allies did something similar with ships in WW1 and WW2, i think they called it dazzle paint. It was basically big Arse stripes all over a ship to confuse U-boats.

Speaking of...I'm still waiting for mine to show up from wherever it was I purchased it.

I'm waiting for my 45-46 authentic from IJ! Can't wait! Did you get an authentic as well?

I take the train at the Bell Centre and I always go in to see the jerseys in the official store and these jerseys really look awesome up close. They will be worth alot in the future. And the fact they only wore it this one time will make it even more special!

I'm considering getting the 1915-1916 one in a Kostopolous. First ever favorite Penguin; still have a soft spot for the guy. They are neat jerseys.

The real question is, of those of you who have bought or will buy the Habs barber pole jersey, how many of you will wear it in public?

The real question is, of those of you who have bought or will buy the Habs barber pole jersey, how many of you will wear it in public?

If you wear the jersey in Montreal where people know what it means, you'll be fine! If you wear it in Miami though...

Do not doubt for a second that I will wear mine as soon as it has a name and number on it.

Not only will I be rockin' my retro jersey, but I will be safe from being hit by a car at the same time.

I'm waiting for my 45-46 authentic from IJ! Can't wait! Did you get an authentic as well?

Yes sir, I did. But I got it from the same place Jeff got his so who knows how long it's gonna take to arrive.

Like Jeff said, without question. I was strutting around in my yellow Canucks jersey last weekend and getting weird looks the whole time!

Yes sir, I did. But I got it from the same place Jeff got his so who knows how long it's gonna take to arrive.

Like Jeff said, without question. I was strutting around in my yellow Canucks jersey last weekend and getting weird looks the whole time!

We are Attention Whores and proud of it. :stickhndl:

In Montreal you'll get looks if you wear a jersey that is NOT a Canadiens jersey.

In Montreal you'll get looks if you wear a jersey that is NOT a Canadiens jersey.

Haha I got a few high fives when I was wearing my Brodeur jersey at the game against the Leafs about three weeks ago. One guy was yelling something at me from his car as he drove by but it was in French so I couldn't understand what he was saying. One of the guys working in the team store at the arena was actually from New Jersey too so that was pretty cool.

Haha I got a few high fives when I was wearing my Brodeur jersey at the game against the Leafs about three weeks ago. One guy was yelling something at me from his car as he drove by but it was in French so I couldn't understand what he was saying. One of the guys working in the team store at the arena was actually from New Jersey too so that was pretty cool.

Oh I forgot to say you can wear jerseys of Québec born players of any team. I've worn my Lecavalier jerseys in public and it was fine! Ahahaha

Oh I forgot to say you can wear jerseys of Québec born players of any team. I've worn my Lecavalier jerseys in public and it was fine! Ahahaha

Not true. I went to the Peel Pub a few years back with a Philly-Gagné jersey and I got some dirty looks. One guy even started yelling at me.

Ah, I couldn't decide between my Brodeur jersey or my Canada Niedermayer jersey. I went with Brodeur because he's from Montreal, he got a shutout the night before, and broke the wins record a few days earlier. Guess I made I good choice.

Not true. I went to the Peel Pub a few years back with a Philly-Gagné jersey and I got some dirty looks. One guy even started yelling at me.

Dude, I'm making generalizations! :P