Playoff time!

I haven't seen any of the Bruins/Habs series and for those that have I am wondering. Is it that the Bruins are playing that well, or is it that the Habs are playing that poorly, or is it a combination of both?

Part of me is hoping that the Bruins can put together a run and win the whole thing.

I have only seen the highlights and the Vs broadcast but from what I've seen the Bruins are just quicker to the puck, more physical and just plain outplaying them. If they keep this up, they are going to be very, very tough to beat.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight 2 more Series could come to an end (I am pretty sure the Red Wings will finish theirs off).

It is strange not having a real team that I normally cheer for in the playoffs, so I really don't know who to cheer on, but right now I seem to be pulling for the Bruins.

I'm pulling for San Jose, I want to see JR win a Cup before he retires.

If they lose, then I'm pulling for the Canucks, I think after the death of Luc Bourdon last May and then Taylor Pyatt's fiance's death recently, it'd be a neat to see them win the Cup. They also look VERY good this year.

I'm pulling for San Jose, I want to see JR win a Cup before he retires.

If they lose, then I'm pulling for the Canucks, I think after the death of Luc Bourdon last May and then Taylor Pyatt's fiance's death recently, it'd be a neat to see them win the Cup. They also look VERY good this year.

Oh yeah, in the West I am still pulling for the Sharks. Am hoping they can pull off the comeback, if not the Sharks I really don't know who in the West I would want to face the Bruins for the Cup.

Red Wings complete their sweep, but the Blue Jackets weren't gonna go without a fight tonight. 6-5 Final.

Flyers managed to prevent being eliminated and forced a game 6.

Devils take a 3-2 lead. This has been a good series.

Hoping the Sharks can tie their series up in the late game.

Edit: 2000th post.

Red Wings complete their sweep, but the Blue Jackets weren't gonna go without a fight tonight. 6-5 Final.

Flyers managed to prevent being eliminated and forced a game 6.

Devils take a 3-2 lead. This has been a good series.

Hoping the Sharks can tie their series up in the late game.

Edit: 2000th post.

Congrats on 2000!

If the Ducks do end up going on to take on the Red Wings, I think the Wings will have a fight on their hands. I'm thinking San Jose is looking sloppy tonight.

Man - I watched the second half of that Wings/Jackets game and I was surprised to see how much fight Columbus had in them. The building was rocking so much in the 3rd period when it was tied 5-5 literally a couple of the camera positions had some vibration in them. It would have been nice for the Jackets to steal one in OT.

Since my Sabres are out, I am pulling for the Flames but I have to admit, I have become really intrigued by the Canucks and really enjoyed watching them play that first series so I am kind of rooting for them as well!

I thought the Rangers were supposed to play last night. I turned on the TV at 7:00 to watch the Blueshirts and they weren't playing ... sure the the Capitals were there and were fans in the stands - but I didn't see the Rangers anywhere :(

I thought the Rangers were supposed to play last night. I turned on the TV at 7:00 to watch the Blueshirts and they weren't playing ... sure the the Capitals were there and were fans in the stands - but I didn't see the Rangers anywhere :(

And now we have a game 7 in this series.

It's not looking good for the Rangers huh? That's what happens when you score ten goals in SIX games. Argh.

Which kind of goes with what I said when I made my predictions.

Caps in 6 - I figure Lundqvist will steal at least one game, but I don't think the Rangers have the offense to keep up with the Capitals.

Was wrong on the games, might still be wrong on the winner, but the Rangers offense is gonna have to pick up if they want to get past the Bruins in the event the Rangers win Game 7.

In other playoff notes, the Hurricanes definitely played like they didn't want to go home. Gotta love Game 7's.

In other playoff notes, the Hurricanes definitely played like they didn't want to go home. Gotta love Game 7's.

I had a feeling that one would be going 7 games. It seemed like it was flip-flopping the first four games and they did it again. I've not paid much attention to it, other than the Jokinen goal with .2 seconds left, but sounds like its been pretty evenly contested.

I had a feeling that one would be going 7 games. It seemed like it was flip-flopping the first four games and they did it again. I've not paid much attention to it, other than the Jokinen goal with .2 seconds left, but sounds like its been pretty evenly contested.

It has been very evenly contested, with the exception of Game 1 and Game 6, every game has been a 1 goal difference. It has been a fun series to watch.

It has been very evenly contested, with the exception of Game 1 and Game 6, every game has been a 1 goal difference. It has been a fun series to watch.

For me, the Devils style of play is making it fun to watch. They are definitely not your dad's death by trap team at the moment. Should be a great game 7!

West is set.

Detroit vs. Anaheim

Chicago vs. Vancouver

I'm looking forward to that Wings-Ducks series, if the Ducks play the Wings as well as they played the Sharks, then I could see the Ducks finding themselves back in the Western Conference Finals.

The resurgence of the Blackhawks is great to see. That city sure put up with a lot of rotten hockey and crappy ownership for about 15 years.

The matchups for the next round in the West are going to be really entertaining. I'd be surprised if either of them end in less than 6 games. Going to make for a few late nights thought with the teams out on the coast.

This is going to be a full day of hockey with the World Championships in the morning and the NHL at night!

I have been so impressed by the Canucks first round win that I think they will really put the screws to the Hawks. I echo everyone's sentiment about their recent upswing, its good to see and ultimately good for the league. I remember watching Wayne's World 5 years ago on tv and feeling sad about how the Hawks just weren't the same in terms of popularity as referenced in that movie. Its changed in a hurry!

As for tonight, I think its all about the teams that can be more explosive. So I think the Canes/Caps advance.

So watching the Caps/Rangers it would seem the Rangers had a combination of problems. They weren't getting quality shots on goal even when they had the chance, and even when they did Varlamov played a great game to help the Caps win the Series.

Canes down 4-3 with under 1:30 to go and they tie it up and then Eric Staal gets the winner a short while later. Wish I could have seen it but VS showed the Caps/Rangers game and only showed a brief look in.

So East 2nd Round.

Boston vs Carolina

Washington vs Pittsburgh

That Caps/Pens series is gonna be fun to watch. Gonna be annoying to listen to all the Ovechkin vs Crosby/Malkin talk, but gonna be fun to watch.

Boston/Carolina - Boston is playing too well and figure they will lose a game in the series, but should win the series in 5 or 6.

Atleast the Rangers made a game of it. They were impressive in the first two periods, but seemed to lose some legs in the third and weren't pressuring as much. Henrik played well - the first goal was a fluke, but the Federov was just pure skill on his part.

I like the next round match ups in the East. The top team for almost the entire year, Boston, versus pretty much the hottest team since the trade deadline in the Canes. Then the battle of the hype with Ovie vs Crosby.

Atleast the Rangers made a game of it. They were impressive in the first two periods, but seemed to lose some legs in the third and weren't pressuring as much. Henrik played well - the first goal was a fluke, but the Federov was just pure skill on his part.

I couldn't believe after the Caps scored that goal how effective they were in forechecking the Rangers to the offseason. You have 5 minutes left of your season and you can't get the puck out of the zone or have any sustained offensive pressure? All credit goes to the Caps for the last 5 minutes of that series.

I couldn't believe after the Caps scored that goal how effective they were in forechecking the Rangers to the offseason. You have 5 minutes left of your season and you can't get the puck out of the zone or have any sustained offensive pressure? All credit goes to the Caps for the last 5 minutes of that series.

I was worried the entire game that the Caps weren't going to pull if off. Honestly, aside from the Rangers in the first period, I thought both teams looked a little flat. All I can say is that it was hands down the loudest and most intense live sporting event that I have ever been to! That place was rockin'.