Playoff time!

Weren't we just in this same position?

It does seem like this is a very familiar situation for the finals. Still hoping for a different ending though.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't we just in this same position?

We were, but now 37% more people are watching!

Well that was quite the game for Pittsburgh. I think a big factor is can Detroit suck it up and keep pace with them for 3 more games? I think home ice might be hugely important. If Pittsburgh can steal one in Detroit, well Captain Kid might just have his first Cup.

I think history will repeat itself ...

and Hossa will once again be on the losing team :)

Apparently the Pens didn't get the memo that the Wings have a really good powerplay.

I am worried this will end tomorrow.

I think the Pens biggest mistake was talking to the press about how the Wings are tired and how now they feel they had the momentum in the series/were taking control back.

The Wings seemed to be showing that they are far from the tired ones...

And I'm a Pens fan.

Going back to Detroit for a winner take all Game 7.

I was watching Game 6 and I swear, it seemed to me like the 2nd and 3rd periods were only 10 minutes long each, they just seemed to end so quickly.

I think it's horrible that Rob Scuderi was snubbed in the Vezina Trophy nominations - I think he was the best goaltender in Game 6 :D

I think it's horrible that Rob Scuderi was snubbed in the Vezina Trophy nominations - I think he was the best goaltender in Game 6 :D

No kidding. To not name the guy one of the stars of the game was an injustice.

Just over 8 hours to go and I am having a real problem concentrating at work. I can't wait for this, whoever wins I am rooting for a great game (and maybe the Pens getting their third Cup).

I agree that I just want a good game - multiple OT would be awesome. I'm pulling for the Pens, but I respect the skill of the Wings so I won't be upset regardless of the winner. Just hopefully nothing like game 4 or 5 with it being overly one sided.

Check out my blog today for my preview of the game along with what I felt were some interesting stats on the teams.

:D

For me, this is a great moment. Not just b/c I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan, but because so many of the guys who lifted that Cup; I saw them right here in the AHL. To see those guys I watched for several years fulfilling their dream; there is no better feeling.

I couldn't be happier. Sore throat and all.

:D

For me, this is a great moment. Not just b/c I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan, but because so many of the guys who lifted that Cup; I saw them right here in the AHL. To see those guys I watched for several years fulfilling their dream; there is no better feeling.

I couldn't be happier. Sore throat and all.

i am a devils fan, but i am happy as hell too......CONGRATS PENS.....malkin, sidney...what great players they are.... :)......i think ruslan fedotenko is the lucky guy to have on your team, he is gold in the playoffs.....i still remember 2004 with tampa bay