Fans of other teams

lafountain

The fact that the Bs pushed the Habs to a Game 7 last year after all the cockiness was just the first step :)

24-7 :)

Or for you, 7-24

But you know what, unlike certain teams, I respect the bruins.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a great LIONS Fan...the ZSC Lions from Zurich.

The winners of the European Hockey Champions League.

The "Miracle of Europe"!!!

I know the European hockey is not the NHL and not the same quality as of the NHL, but it was really great that a team from small Switzerland beats the big Russian Team from Magnitogorsk :D

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

In the NHL i like the RANGERS and the HABS, but i don't understand why Mark Streit has to go from there and they didn't gave him a new ontract. He's one of the best defensemen in the NHL.

The Goalie of the Lions is Ari Sulander. He plays for this team since 1998 and he's from Finland.

lhczsc533.jpg

I like the lion design on the pads. I with some of the nice designs on masks these days, it'd be cool to see some of the goalies in the NHL take it a step further and put designs on the blocker & pads ... that is before Bettman tries to sell ad space on them :)

• 3 weeks later...
I like the lion design on the pads. I with some of the nice designs on masks these days, it'd be cool to see some of the goalies in the NHL take it a step further and put designs on the blocker & pads ... that is before Bettman tries to sell ad space on them :)

I am sure there is some type of regulation about non-helmet related pads and advertising but I agree with you, its a cool look and more goalies should do it.

• 1 year later...

The Atlantic division is so weird to be a fan in. It's usually you love one team (Flyers), hate two (Rangers/Devils), feel sorry for one (Islanders) and respect the other (Penguins). I've seen that set-up with so many people, always differing. With that said, as much as I don't hate the Penguins, I love going to Flyers' home games against Pitt and yelling at the Pens' fans haha. My favorite hobby for sure.

The name says it all......Let's Go Caps!

Been a huge fan since year 1, when I was a kid.

Coyotes are my #2 team.

Been a fan of hockey since 1997 when I first started playing. My team was the Blackhawks so naturally I supported Chicago at first...but then I fell in love with Coyotes logo and Jersey as well as the Tkachuk-Roenick-Tocchet line. Ever since they have been my team.

My second team is the Flames - Purely because of Iginla tbh.

Geography be damned when you support from 6000 miles away haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been following hockey for a number of years. I personally bleed blue :skaterblu: , green and white :skaterwht: as I am a big Canucks fan! GO CANUCKS GO! :thumbsup:

Yes, I agree. However they have the rules as SabreFan mentioned. :angry: Also Brian's Hockey is famous for customizing goalie pads with unique designs, created inshop or by the player/ team themselves. :)

Am I the only Thrashers fan here? I was born in Buffalo and follow the Sabres a little, but I've lived in Atlanta for a while and my first year here was the first year of the Thrashers so it worked out perfectly.

Am I the only Thrashers fan here? I was born in Buffalo and follow the Sabres a little, but I've lived in Atlanta for a while and my first year here was the first year of the Thrashers so it worked out perfectly.

I think you may be. I am a Kovalchuk fan and followed the Thrashers while he was there. After both him and Lehtonen were dealt, I had no more interest in Atlanta. I went to a few games during their expansion season as I lived in Valdosta, GA for a couple of years. Thrashers seem to be on the way up a bit, they played well after dealing Kovy to the Devils. Will just have to see how things work out and see if Pavelec can continue handling being a #1 at the NHL level.

I had my Pens throwback jersey on all last game vs the sens.

Still lost :(

Playoff time is the best time to wear the jerseys.

• 5 weeks later...

My favorite team is the Avalanche...been a fan since I first saw them play the infamous series with the Wings. Naturally as an Avs fan I don't care for the Wings haha but certainly do respect them. My #2 team is the Coyotes! Living in southwest Texas, and PHX not being all that far, I have been able to go see the Coyotes play twice. The first pro game ever for me was my 21st birthday and they played the Wings ha and went to a 1-1 tie...this was the last year where ties were allowed I believe. Then I saw the Coyotes play the Sharks in 08 and they go trounced 5-1...I remember this game being empty haha.

As for memorabilia I have all 3 RBK replica jerseys for the Avs, hope to get all 3 customized by IJ at some point. Now looking for the KOHO/CCM Burgundy alternate from years back ha if anyone can point me in the direction of one I would appreciate it ;) Also getting ready to start my Coyotes jersey collection...then possibly signed pucks of both teams. I have a great love for the sport overall

Personally, I can't see how anyone can cheer on more than 1 team.... That annoys me. Been a Nords fan since early 80's... I guess once they moved I kept in touch with the Avalanche, can say I'm a fan, but just not the same. I have NEVER purchased an Avs jersey nor anything else for that matter.

i agree with johnny on the spot... i hate but respect all other teams in the Atlantic Divison...

Im A Flyers fan to the fullest... BUT.. i am a HUGH Av's Fan, Sharks & Hurricanes, also w/e team Recchi is playing for so right now im rooting for the NHL Retired Players :D

• 4 weeks later...

I bleed orange and black. I grew up with the Flyers. As a true Philadelphia sports fan I hate all other teams.

I guess that makes your blood type OB, oy! Lot of players are milquetoasts and follow the 'scouts honor' hockey code where you have to be docile and boring. So I do enjoy watching players who mix it up and have personality.

Still it's hard to be a devotee of any teams or players today considering most of them make enough money to have their own helipad.

I like to root for players have have absurdly long or arcane names: Clutterbuck is a goody. How about Per Djoos (pear juice)? So many good hockey names. Search any word on hockeydb and you'll be surprised at some of the crazy names.

Still waiting for the day when someone has Steakfacebeefbrothrockgroinvanriemsdyke on their name plate.

Other teams though? Loved the Pens in the early 90's, lot of my favorite players were on that team (Trottier, Mullen, Lemieux, Recchi, Murphy, Tocchet.)

I am a Flyers fan since they are the team I grew up watching but I'm as objective and nonbiased as it gets. In the sense that every other team sucks, haha just kidding.

Kinda spoiled having the NHL Network it's fun watching HNIC, and I also get to see a lot of Sharks, Caps, Pens, and Hawks games (since Comcast does their games) in addition to the Flyers.

Also have all the Greatest Games DVD box sets love to watch old games.

Edited by Oates

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say fans of the NHL's recent expansion are the least knowledgeable about the players and the game. I'm not trying to hate on anyone or any team, but some of the cities that have hockey shouldn't have teams, in my opinion.

Columbus: I would render that Jackets fans are young in terms of knowledge of the NHL and to me Columbus is NOT a hockey town. I would say all of Ohio is interested in is Ohio State and the NFL teams.

Phoenix: With an NFL, MLB, and an NBA team here, I highly doubt Coyotes fans enjoy hockey just as much as Canadian fans or long standing fans of other teams. During last year's playoffs against the Red Wings, I think there were almost 50% Wings fans in attendance for the games played in Phoenix. And I also understand the Coyotes did not sell out Games 1 and 2. Kind of sad, in my opinion, if you want to be considered a hockey city.

Teams in Florida: Well the location speaks for itself. I could be wrong, but I personally believe the citizens of Florida don't really care about the TB Lightning and the Florida Panthers. The Lightning won the Cup before the lockout, but there hasn't been the same enthusiasm since. Florida offers some ridiculously cheap packages for season and game tickets, which translates to not being able to put butts in seats.

toronto can support another team EASY!