Fans in *Current* NHL-Markets

lafountain

On the opposite side of a thread I started about Non-NHL markets.

For those fans in current NHL markets and fans in general. If your team were to up and move to another market.

Do you stay with that team and if not, how do you go about choosing another team?

Me personally if the Sabres moved, I don't think it would be such a big deal to me since I don't live in that area. I do know that with all the talk of the Sonics (NBA) moving, that has actually gotten to me to where I have said if they move to Oklahoma City then I am looking for a new team. Guess it is different when it is your home team.

(Some may wonder why I call Seattle teams my home team when in other threads I have stated I am from Vermont. Long story short, I was born in Washington State and lived there for a few years and I only attended high school in Vermont when my dad decided he wanted to go home which for him is Vermont) I know completely random and probably not necessary information at all.

Edit: After posting this, I realized the title isn't very accurate with the post.

As long as they didn't go south of the mason-dixon, the Sabres would still be my team. Since they're still so far away from me, it wouldn't make much difference. I'd prefer they stayed in the East so I could at least catch their games against the Devils, Rangers and Islanders.

Edit: Fixed your topic title to attract more responses (hopefully).

Thanks to whoever edited my title which I am guessing was Mach.

Yeah - just thought it would bring in more responses and that you might want it, because of the edit you left.

On the opposite side of a thread I started about Non-NHL markets.

For those fans in current NHL markets and fans in general. If your team were to up and move to another market.

Do you stay with that team and if not, how do you go about choosing another team?

Tough one. I think we should let the Men of the Square Table decide or is there a Man Law regarding this already? :lol:

IF the Coyotes were to move, I'd probably still be a fan, but I say that NOW. It depends on the circumstances, too. I know my wallet would get heavier. ;)

Tough one. I think we should let the Men of the Square Table decide or is there a Man Law regarding this already? :lol:

IF the Coyotes were to move, I'd probably still be a fan, but I say that NOW. It depends on the circumstances, too. I know my wallet would get heavier. ;)

I'd never not be a fan, but if my team moved a terribly long distance away, I think it's fair to adopt a new favorite over time, whom you have a greater chance of seeing more frequently.

I'd never not be a fan, but if my team moved a terribly long distance away, I think it's fair to adopt a new favorite over time, whom you have a greater chance of seeing more frequently.

With my extensive jersey collection, you really have to know me personally to know who I really root for. When teams move around, it becomes a 'love the one you're with' syndrome, sometimes. Arrghh, I have that frickin' song on my head now! :o

Right, because some Winnipeg fans may still be a bit miffed about it ;)

As for me, I of course can't conceive of the Red Wings or Bruins moving, but if they did, I'd probably follow them for a little while but admittedly, the lack of local news coverage makes for following the Bruins tough (especially in a Red Sox town). At least in Detroit, I can find random newspaper articles doing Q&A with Wings players or little features on players' personal lives that make them seem more down-to-earth and human, so it's easier to keep up on the team and feel a connection.

If the Red Wings left town, it'd be hard.

And then if a new team moves in, like with Atlanta or Colorado or Minnesota, I'm not sure where my loyalties would go. It seems that, when a team moves out, the hardcore fans are hurt and may bear some ill will toward the ownership group that did it (Hartford/Carolina?), which then transfers to the team (the Phoenix Screaming Weasels?).