Buffalo

Mach_9

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

Can you believe it was Fitzpatrick that broke McKee's wrist? The irony there is just killing me.

Yeah, teammates a year ago and now both on new teams and this is the result when they matchup. I liked McKee and wish him well but so far for St Louis, $4 Million for 1:15 of Ice time isn't looking real good.

But on the bright side, he was injured doing what he is mostly paid to do.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, teammates a year ago and now both on new teams and this is the result when they matchup. I liked McKee and wish him well but so far for St Louis, $4 Million for 1:15 of Ice time isn't looking real good.

But on the bright side, he was injured doing what he is mostly paid to do.

McKee isn't a $4 million dollar player. Briere is making $5 million. McKee just doesn't offer that much - as proven by the teams record without him.

McKee isn't a $4 million dollar player. Briere is making $5 million. McKee just doesn't offer that much - as proven by the teams record without him.

I agree that McKee is not a $4 million a year player. St Louis overpaid him mostly to show their fans that they were serious about trying to make a move. At least that is my opinion on the subject. I don't know how serious they were in trying to get Chara or any other of the Defensemen that were Free Agents, but they could have given McKee less and helped their team in other areas as well.

Not only that, but it shows what a good playoff run can do for a players contract too.

I agree that McKee is not a $4 million a year player. St Louis overpaid him mostly to show their fans that they were serious about trying to make a move. At least that is my opinion on the subject. I don't know how serious they were in trying to get Chara or any other of the Defensemen that were Free Agents, but they could have given McKee less and helped their team in other areas as well.

Not only that, but it shows what a good playoff run can do for a players contract too.

Certainly does - as well as how much they elevate their games when they want to (cough:: contract year ::cough). Just look at Drury this year. He needs a new contract when it's over, so he's got 10 goals in 9 games...

Certainly does - as well as how much they elevate their games when they want to (cough:: contract year ::cough). Just look at Drury this year. He needs a new contract when it's over, so he's got 10 goals in 9 games...

I just hope the team is able to come up with a way to pay both Drury and Briere.

I just hope the team is able to come up with a way to pay both Drury and Briere.

It's goin to be tough. Golisano might have to be willing to put out a little more money. The Sabres are significantly under the cap, but very near their own self imposed cap, if I understand correctly. Briere is going to want at least what he's making this year, and Drury will be in for a significant pay increase, which should net him at least something very similar to Briere's contract.

It's goin to be tough. Golisano might have to be willing to put out a little more money. The Sabres are significantly under the cap, but very near their own self imposed cap, if I understand correctly. Briere is going to want at least what he's making this year, and Drury will be in for a significant pay increase, which should net him at least something very similar to Briere's contract.

Well the best thing that happened this past off season was agreeing with Afinogenov before going to arbitration, had he gone I am willing to bet he would have been awarded in the $5 million range that Briere got. So either Briere or Afinogenov might not have been here had he gone to arbitration. This will allow the team to have some money available to negotiate long term deals with Drury and Briere.

And the win puts them at 10-0. Bring on the Thrashers Saturday.

One more game...

Did you see Afinogenov's goal? Finny would be proud.

Nope haven't seen the highlights yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/index?lpos=g...;lid=gn_NHL_NHL

The highlights here are always great quality. Find the ones from the game and the second angle on the Afinogenov goal is sweet. He just destroyed DiPietro.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/index?lpos=g...;lid=gn_NHL_NHL

The highlights here are always great quality. Find the ones from the game and the second angle on the Afinogenov goal is sweet. He just destroyed DiPietro.

Yeah, I use ESPN both on TV and online for a lot of the highlights I see. That was a nice goal, he just outraced Witt to the puck and made DiPietro look bad on that one.

Yeah, I use ESPN both on TV and online for a lot of the highlights I see. That was a nice goal, he just outraced Witt to the puck and made DiPietro look bad on that one.

Those are some pretty impressive stats at the end of the highlights. First in goals, goals per game, team assists and shooting percentage in the NHL.

Agh! Lose on the shootout. Really bad game defensively, and not too good on Miller's part either.

Still unbeated in regulation though...

:(:(:(

Agh! Lose on the shootout. Really bad game defensively, and not too good on Miller's part either.

Still unbeated in regulation though...

:(:(:(

Just got home, just saw the score. It had to end sometime but it is disappointing to have to settle for tying the record instead of having all to themselves.

Just got home, just saw the score. It had to end sometime but it is disappointing to have to settle for tying the record instead of having all to themselves.

It's dissapointing to lose in a shootout so close to winning too. It's also really frustrating because the Kovalchuk goal was offsides by about a yard and the ref just seemed to miss it. No excuses really though. It just wasn't a strong game for Buffalo.

Not to make excuses, but I find it funny that the only reason Buffalo couldn't win the ECF last year was the 5 injuries to starters, leaving 5/18 of the roster AHL guys and another 4/18 rookies making 9/18 (1/2) inexperienced. This year we lose our first game after Henrik Tallinder breaks the same arm he broke in the ECF last year before we lost... I can't really blame the loss on that, but he is one of our best puck moving defensemen. I find it interesting that Connolly is still out as well. I don't know if he's ever coming back, honestly.

Gotta wait til Thursday for the next Sabres game. Such a long wait it seems like.

Does anyone else find it funny that the two teams who changed their looks this year are the only two teams to get a point in every game played this season?

I predicted Anaheim for the cup originally. I always hate long waits between games, but I'm going to the Sunday game against the Rangers so I'm just glad that it's getting closer.

Feels like it's been forever since the Sabres played. Tied up so far in Boston. Jason Pominville's got 6 goals in the last 6 games and 8 on the season. That makes me happy, as Pominville's probably my favorite sabre and the name that's going on my newest jersey. With 8 goals in 12 games I convinced that he's got 40+ potential for the years to come. He has such a great shot.

Feels like it's been forever since the Sabres played. Tied up so far in Boston. Jason Pominville's got 6 goals in the last 6 games and 8 on the season. That makes me happy, as Pominville's probably my favorite sabre and the name that's going on my newest jersey. With 8 goals in 12 games I convinced that he's got 40+ potential for the years to come. He has such a great shot.

Unfortunately Kessel scores for the Bruins to take the lead. He is one of those kids that looks like he could be a really good one for the Bruins.

Unfortunately Kessel scores for the Bruins to take the lead. He is one of those kids that looks like he could be a really good one for the Bruins.

Yeah - Buffalo is playing pretty bad. Kessel could have a bright future, but he looks decievingly heavy. Like - his portrait looks like a picture of a heavy kid, but his measurements are pretty low. I don't know what kind of shape he's in, but I'm assuming he must be alright. Maybe it's baby fat. Meanwhile, Buffalo doesn't look like the team they were before the first loss. They better get it together.

Ouch. 3-1 Boston after 2. Based on what I can see, which is only the score and the stats sheet, the long layoff since their last game seems to have gotten to them.

Ouch. 3-1 Boston after 2. Based on what I can see, which is only the score and the stats sheet, the long layoff since their last game seems to have gotten to them.

I can't get the game, but the fans on the Sabres forums are all saying we're playing horribly. I guess it was bound to happen eventually anyways.