My Experience at River City Sports

Carl

A couple of weeks ago I ordered an authentic Rob Niedermayer Ducks jersey from River City because they had a sale going on.

In my request, I specifically asked to have the 2008-2009 version of the jersey as you may already know, the logos are bigger. I also sent a picture of the 'A' the ducks use because it is supposed to be tilted and not straight. Anybody on this forum would agree with me.

Not only did they screw up the 'A', but they gave me a 07-08 jersey. A guy at customer service sent me a picture of the 'A' they wanted to use to make sure it was the correct one. But it wasn't. I sent pictures of game worn jersey on ebay with the tilted 'A' and the guy continued to tell me I was wrong and THAT IT WAS THE DUCKS THAT MADE A MISTAKE ON THEIR JERSEY!!!

Here's the email he sent me after he had seen all the pictures from getty with the A in italics:

"Hey Carl,

Are you serious? That A is simply looking that way due to a bad cut and sew job, that in no way is Italic, you

can see the curve of the right side which is completely inconsistent rest of the letter! As a collector you must

know that things are not always perfect, even on game worn jersey's. A guy who works with me has a few

gamers of Malkin and the numbers on the back are completely off centered, there are areas of stitchin that

are completely missing all together.

So essentially you would rather have your A with a bad cut/sew job rather than having it how it should be?? In

all honesty, that A looks like it was cut by hand and not by the regular laser cutters, and when sewn it seems

that the seamstress had it pinched over a bit.

Regards,

Rob Main"

That's not it, they even screwed up the number '4', it simply did not have the same shape. I pointed that out to him also. And his answe was: these are the nhl approved 4s and the right ones would not fit on a size 52 jersey.

I said: the jersey is full of mistakes (4s and 'A') so you either give me a refund or you honour your committment of customizing with what players wear on the ice (on their website they say that). I did everything I could, I stayed polite, sent them all the pictures!

Guess what, they ignored my emails and sent me the jersey full of mistakes anyway!!! I'm so pissed!

What should I do?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the language of that email, they certainly don't practice good customer service.

I only used River City to get a Pens hoodie I couldn't find elsewhere so I dunno what really to say. But I would try to talk to the person above this guy about the tone of the email and then try to get a refund. Sorry if that sounds obvious, but I haven't really had a problem with a jersey company to know how to handle it.

Carl,

You are not the only one dealing with terrible customer service from RCS. They managed to screw up the customization job on a Nike Swift jersey that I got, where they used the wrong lettering on the nameplate. I have sent their customer service rep multiple emails about this and haven't heard a single reply in more than a month now. I have left them a message and if I don't hear back soon I will have to call them again and hassle them until they do something about it. Needless to say that's the last time RCS will customize any of my jerseys.

Bottom line is that sometimes it's worth it to spend a little bit more and have a company like IJ get it right than to have to deal with all this hassle. <_<

Carl,

You are not the only one dealing with terrible customer service from RCS. They managed to screw up the customization job on a Nike Swift jersey that I got, where they used the wrong lettering on the nameplate. I have sent their customer service rep multiple emails about this and haven't heard a single reply in more than a month now. I have left them a message and if I don't hear back soon I will have to call them again and hassle them until they do something about it. Needless to say that's the last time RCS will customize any of my jerseys.

Bottom line is that sometimes it's worth it to spend a little bit more and have a company like IJ get it right than to have to deal with all this hassle. <_<

This is bad!

People, stick with icejerseys! I only went with RCS this time because they had a sale!

Thanks for the post about their poor customer service. I guess it is best to just buy the jersey and customize it elsewhere when they put them on sale.

Thanks for the post about their poor customer service. I guess it is best to just buy the jersey and customize it elsewhere when they put them on sale.

Yeah, we all have that responsibility to inform each other when something like this happens.

Wow, I always thought RCS was a legit place, but I've lost a ton of respect for them after this episode. I thought they knew there stuff (mind you, I only dealt with them after purchasing a t-shirt and a San Diego Gulls jersey, so not really top tier stuff), but still. I thought the only thing bad about them were their ridiculous shipping prices, but apparently I was wrong.

I heard people on the Caps message board that had issues with RCS customization. Someone wrote about how the jersey number RCS put on his Caps jersey was cut way too big. I took advantage of the RCS sale on Edge Authentics also but I opted to only get the jersey and I plan on having IJ customize it as I was very happy with their work on the OV jersey I got from them last year.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'm calling them tomorrow. :angry:

We have another member who has ordered a couple of jerseys from RCS and said he had a couple of issues.

What kind of issues did they have?

What kind of issues did they have?

Improper customization also. The Alternate Captain's A was wrong on a jersey they ordered.

"was cut way too big". .........what does that mean?

Sorry, I meant to write the number were huge compared to the size of the jersey and what the actual size should have been used for the size of jersey customized.

Sorry, I meant to write the number were huge compared to the size of the jersey and what the actual size should have been used for the size of jersey customized.

but if the team uses huge numbers, then that is what you should get on your jersey, i don´t think it´s RCS fault if someone orders a smaller jersey then the players wear.....should RCS have two different size of numbers? i don´t think so......as long as they have what the teams uses, you cannot complain.

There's someone here in Germany who used to deal with with a company called "All Canadian Emblem" and they claim to do all the customisation jobs for RCS. (He was also the guy who got the Gretzky Burger King lettering for me) Well, that's a few years back and I don't know if this was true, I just wanted to share this information.

This one I would disagree with as well, with the exception of youth jerseys, I don't think I have seen a company use smaller lettering for a smaller jersey. My wife's Adult Small has the same size lettering as any of my Larges, nothing wrong with that at all.

While RCS certainly aren't without fault in my dealings with them, and I would always favour IJs over them, I've exchanged emails with Rob Main a few times and he's always been helpful and polite.

Did Niedermeyer wear the A on occasion last season then? I thought it was Pronger and Getzlaf.

Anyway, hope you can get it sorted Carl.

While RCS certainly aren't without fault in my dealings with them, and I would always favour IJs over them, I've exchanged emails with Rob Main a few times and he's always been helpful and polite.

Did Niedermeyer wear the A on occasion last season then? I thought it was Pronger and Getzlaf.

Anyway, hope you can get it sorted Carl.

08/09 was only Pronger and Getzlaf.

Niedermayer was one of the Alternates from 05-08.

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...ge&id=16479

08/09 was only Pronger and Getzlaf.

Niedermayer was one of the Alternates from 05-08.

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...ge&id=16479

Wow - I wish more teams had their alternates info so readily available.

I know that, but Rob Niedermayer was the 3rd Alternate and wore the A on occasions.

I just spoke to Rob Main over the phone. I'm so angry right now! He basically told me to go to hell and hung up on me. He told he couldn't do anything else for me and that the number 4 was correct NHL approved. I asked for a refund and he refused. I already sent back the jersey. He denied that the A is in italics. He was talking over my voice and wouldn't even let me speak to his boss. Can somebody here confirm that the Ducks A is in italics? Am I nuts?

I said that all the other companies used the right 4s including icejerseys and exclusive pro. He then said Ice jerseys did a horrific job on their jerseys. How dare he say something like that!?!?

What should I do? I'm considering legal action. When I asked why he had ignored me emails, he told me he was instructed to do so!!!! Thats their customer service!!!

I'm not sure how to react when you have good arguments and the other guy on the phone just says "no", "no, that's not true you're lying", "no"

Please heeeeeeelp me!!!!

Here are the pics of the jersey with the wrong 4. Can you guys confirm me that the 'A' and the 4s are wrong? On nhluniforms.com, you can see the right 4.

He claims there wouldn't be any place for the right 4s as they're larger. But as you can see that is not true, there is plenty of place on the side.

The 4 is clearly incorrect, look at his gallery here. The vertical bar of the 4 should be of the same height as the diagonal bar, which itself should have more of an angle.

The A I'm not sure about tbh, just looking at those pictures it might be italic but I wouldn't bet the house on it.