What jersey changes do fans want?

LordStanley1893

With all of the talk about the switchover to the form fitting jerseys what changes would us fans like to see? I kind of on the fence, I love the current layout but I'd like a more vintage look. Ex: Laces on all the jerseys along with traditional striping etc. I'd also liek to see more variety in color choices, there are way too many red, black, white jerseys.

So what would you change or keep about the current jersey design?

With all of the talk about the switchover to the form fitting jerseys what changes would us fans like to see? I kind of on the fence, I love the current layout but I'd like a more vintage look. Ex: Laces on all the jerseys along with traditional striping etc. I'd also liek to see more variety in color choices, there are way too many red, black, white jerseys.

Hmmm - this has been discussed in different ways in different threads, none of which were started solely for this purpose, but each one revealed something different about the way we thought about the jerseys. It's kind of hard to say all in one what I feel about the jerseys, but I'm not against the form fits if they're going to be like the Sabres jerseys. More drastic than that and I'd have to say no. I'm generally in favor of a lot of vintage sweaters and I love the lace up necks. I also like the Sabres new design though, so I can go either way. I'd like to see some more color variations as well, but all in all, I'd have to say that I'm pretty happy and comfortable with the way the league looks.

I would like to see laced up collars on the Sabres thirds. That would be pretty nice.

Hmmm - this has been discussed in different ways in different threads, none of which were started solely for this purpose, but each one revealed something different about the way we thought about the jerseys. It's kind of hard to say all in one what I feel about the jerseys, but I'm not against the form fits if they're going to be like the Sabres jerseys. More drastic than that and I'd have to say no. I'm generally in favor of a lot of vintage sweaters and I love the lace up necks. I also like the Sabres new design though, so I can go either way. I'd like to see some more color variations as well, but all in all, I'd have to say that I'm pretty happy and comfortable with the way the league looks.

I would like to see laced up collars on the Sabres thirds. That would be pretty nice.

Yeah especially since the ones in the 70's had laces.

Things overall are OK, but I never liked the laces. or the bicycle-seat shaped necks on some of the more recent jerseys (like on the Coyotes white).

You know, when I first started to see the laces on the modern jerseys I wasn't really a fan of them. They have since grown on me since then and actually look pretty nice.

You know what I might like... softer crests. I often find the crests to make it hard to want to wear the jersey, because of how big they are and how stiff. The old Buffalo head jersey's crest is about as wide as my body, and rigid, so that the jersey looks ridiculous when I wear it. I loved the 2000 and 2001 all star jerseys because they had no crests, just a patch on the breast. I like the crests stitched like they are and all... but I'd love to get the more flexible somehow. Not really a jersey change, just something I'd thought of for a while. Until you break in a jersey with tons of wear, it kind of looks really goofy sometimes.

You know what I might like... softer crests. I often find the crests to make it hard to want to wear the jersey, because of how big they are and how stiff. The old Buffalo head jersey's crest is about as wide as my body, and rigid, so that the jersey looks ridiculous when I wear it. I loved the 2000 and 2001 all star jerseys because they had no crests, just a patch on the breast. I like the crests stitched like they are and all... but I'd love to get the more flexible somehow. Not really a jersey change, just something I'd thought of for a while. Until you break in a jersey with tons of wear, it kind of looks really goofy sometimes.

I like the larger crests and think they're just fine the way the are now. One reason I like Ottawa's jerseys is because the crests are like big hubcaps.

I don't mind 'em big... I just want them to be more... flexible, so that the weight of the jersey causes them to contour to you, instead of balloon your jersey out if you're too small for the crest (I'm not a very big guy at 5'9 160).

See I don't mind the big patches either. I have a Hurricanes jersey from 1997 and the first time I wore it, it was a little awkward because the patch was so stiff but after wearing a few times and washing it, it softened out and laid perfectly. It still does actually. I guess it depends on the way they make the patches nowadays though. I would imagine ones like the Oilers, Rangers 3rd and Senators would be tough due to the size.

If they go ahead and change to the form fitting jerseys like they are saying for the authentics, just keep the replica jerseys the way they are. So much better quality than they used to be.

The "550" model replicas are great, I hope those don't change.

You know what I might like... softer crests. I often find the crests to make it hard to want to wear the jersey, because of how big they are and how stiff.

I'm definetly with you on that request.

ProPlayer jerseys were really nice in that the crests were way more pliable than a CCM. I've got a CCM Gretzky Rangers Liberty head. Between the crest on the front and the name and large dual numbers on the back, it can quite nearly stand up by itself. Honestly, it's like wearing a cardboard box.

I think Starter jerseys were similar to the ProPlayers as well.

As for the new jerseys rumored to be on the horizon, if they are the same material as the Nike Swift jerseys from the olympics, and have all 30 teams colors slapped onto 4 or 5 standard templates, my jersey buying will be 100% limited to old classics. Those swift jerseys feel like damp paper towels to me - and they were a lot more expensive too. I hope they hear the same conversations I do online and stay the course. I really do.