Fake Jersey Manufactuers Now Make Customized Jerseys

Displaced Swede - FJC

Not sure if i could have put this in an already existing thread like the eBay one or not, but i thought i would post this.

I would frequently go to www.jerseyb2b.com so i could see what players currently have fakes out on the market, so when i would come accross a jersey that appeared to be unique from the others on ebay i would know if i'd seen other fakes like it.

Today i went to that site and saw this...

Fake Customization

The people on ebay that sell fakes can now get any player, and team (minus the predators,blues, and panthers i suppose) made for them. No player is safe!

Its only a matter of time that you see fake Jason Strudwick and Fake Keith Yandle Jerseys on eBay =(

Guess this is just a heads up if you see a jersey on ebay you are interested in, no player is safe.

That is scary - I also looked and saw that for some teams you can order a fake blank jersey, which is another new one.

It's like the Fake Jersey has been soo in your face and flooded in the market....

Like Britney Spears, the Fake jersey had to re-invent itself.

They are now making knockoffs of the older CCM jersey models now too. At least the hemline tag is easy to spot out that it is one of these fakes but I guess it's only a matter of time before they fix that too.

Hell, they are probably one and the same or working together. Can't believe they wouldn't have done something by now. Went to Hockeyfest in Detroit this past weekend at the Joe and I would say at least half of the jerseys I saw were fakes.

They are a "disease" that is spreading fast on the internet and in the outside world, and with a poor economy Reebok will have a even harder time selling the authenticates... It's pretty bad with the Pens Jerseys now that they won the cup your seeing a lot of counterfeit stuff.

They are now making knockoffs of the older CCM jersey models now too. At least the hemline tag is easy to spot out that it is one of these fakes but I guess it's only a matter of time before they fix that too.

I was afraid that would start happening, at least if they only fake RBKs its a little easier to tell

Are Reebok or Ebay trying to do anything about this? One's being ripped off, and the other's, more or less, facilitating the sale of knock off goods.

My friend for awhile was purposely purchasing knock-off jerseys. When he would receive the jersey, he would would then raise a complaint with the seller accusing it of being a fake, and then would get his money refunded. He did this about 8 times and ebay shut down his account. It almost seems like eBay is defending the seller of fakes. I guess it doesn't make a difference to eBay if the insertion fees being paid are for an authentic jersey or a fake one.

This problem is huge in just about all sectors of 'fashion' not just jerseys.

My friend for awhile was purposely purchasing knock-off jerseys. When he would receive the jersey, he would would then raise a complaint with the seller accusing it of being a fake, and then would get his money refunded. He did this about 8 times and ebay shut down his account. It almost seems like eBay is defending the seller of fakes. I guess it doesn't make a difference to eBay if the insertion fees being paid are for an authentic jersey or a fake one.

This problem is huge in just about all sectors of 'fashion' not just jerseys.

Though his intentions where good that could be considered harassment, and intentionally looking for conflict. I doubt their is much that can be done... other then not buying from the stores.... Which is harder for some.

I see so many fans trying to justify their fake purchases by saying the RBK jersey is crap and they think the fakes are of higher quality. It just seems backwards to me...if they think a $150 or $300 jersey from RBK, which is licensed by the NHL, how can you figure that a $45 jersey from China that comes from an unlicensed company is going to be BETTER? Has anyone seen these fakes up close that can demonstrate why people say they are better? Or is it all a matter of them not wanting to pay up to $400 for the actual EDGE jersey?

I think it would help the Reebok replica sales if they went back to sewing and stopped heat pressing. It is why I will never buy from NHL Shop and instead stick to Ice Jerseys and SportsK.

As far as Ebay, I really only go there now to look for jerseys that people no longer want in their own collections that they put up for low starting prices. I don't trust a lot of the "power sellers" and there are only a couple I'd ever be willing to buy a jersey from.

If RBK really wants to curb the amount of fake uniforms, they can start by lowering the prices of their jerseys. I would pay close to $100 for a pre-EDGE CCM jersey because, well, it's worth it. But EDGE jerseys for $100? Not worth it. That's the reason you can't blame those for purchasing jerseys. I mean, the common person doesn't even know the different between real and fake, and that is what the purchaser of the jersey is hoping for.

I see so many fans trying to justify their fake purchases by saying the RBK jersey is crap and they think the fakes are of higher quality. It just seems backwards to me...if they think a $150 or $300 jersey from RBK, which is licensed by the NHL, how can you figure that a $45 jersey from China that comes from an unlicensed company is going to be BETTER? Has anyone seen these fakes up close that can demonstrate why people say they are better? Or is it all a matter of them not wanting to pay up to $400 for the actual EDGE jersey?

It's simple economics. When the only choices for customized jerseys available are a $350+ authentic jersey, $100+ low quality official replica, or a $50 knock-off of the $300+ authentic that most casual fans can't tell apart, it should be fair obvious as to why people are getting what they perceive to be most bang for their buck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pavel-Bure-Vancouver-C...id=p3286.c0.m14

this is the first time I've seen a fake with the center ice tag

I was sad to see these...

Just a matter of time before my Flames eBay searches are flooded with These...

200998194923186.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pavel-Bure-Vancouver-C...id=p3286.c0.m14

this is the first time I've seen a fake with the center ice tag

That is pretty scary... that thing ALMOST looks like a legit jersey (but it's obviously not). I think using ebay for legit jerseys may be on its way out because soon enough, everything listed on there is going to be fake!! Which is terrible. :mellow:

EDIT: We better just hope the sellers we rely on don't start trying to scam us by introducing fake jerseys into their inventories.

Flames, I ran into the same thing you did/do with Flames jerseys, except mine are obviously Pens related searches. I did a search today and the first 3-4 pages were pretty much all fakes. And most from the same seller who floods the listings with them. Just awful.

Flames, I ran into the same thing you did/do with Flames jerseys, except mine are obviously Pens related searches. I did a search today and the first 3-4 pages were pretty much all fakes. And most from the same seller who floods the listings with them. Just awful.

I remember the good old days when the only fakes on the market were Red Wings and Penguins.

I might add, before the RBK Edge thing, i think the RBK 6100 fakes were far better :-P

Anyway, it is just sooo annoying.

To avoid the fake pages i search "CCM Jersey" "Koho Jersey" "Maska Jersey" etc....

And to limit the fakes i see for the flames, i just do daily searches and look by Newly Listed.