Your Favorite sports other than hockey?

LordStanley1893

I'm a big fan of the NLL (Indoor Lacrosse) it's very fun to watch and affordable. I have season tickets for the Buffalo Bandits and I love it.

What else does everyone like?

I like Lacrosse, but I don't like a lot of Lacrosse players I've met. My favorite sport besides hockey is probably Billiards :lol: . Football is ok - I never minded having a beer and watching a game with my kids or my (late) father, but hockey is the only sport I really like myself.

A few years ago, I would've said baseball but it's just so diluted and egotistical nowadays that I'm really wearing thin on it. Football is a close second in my book...it's just too bad the Giants can't string together two successful seasons in a row to save their lives.

A few years ago, I would've said baseball but it's just so diluted and egotistical nowadays that I'm really wearing thin on it. Football is a close second in my book...it's just too bad the Giants can't string together two successful seasons in a row to save their lives.

I can't stand baseball. I would rather sit and do math problems and I hate math. I couldn't be more bored when watching baseball. I would rather watch an AHL guy sit and take practice slapshots for an hour than see a bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, grounder to the pitcher that becomes a triple play to win the world series in game 7. Baseball makes me feel like my brains are falling out.

Baseball is boring. Hate to say it (since its America's past time) but it is. The same teams are in the playoffs every year and teams spend way too much money. I can't believe the Red Sox spent $50 million on that pitcher just to negoitate with him that's insane. You could buy any NHL roster fore that amount and still have money left over.

I'm a big fan of the NLL (Indoor Lacrosse) it's very fun to watch and affordable. I have season tickets for the Buffalo Bandits and I love it.

What else does everyone like?

Indoor lacrosse is great. The Coyotes send season ticket holders free tickets to an Arizona Sting each year game to get Sting season ticket sales rolling. They were Western Conference champs in 2005. The other sports I like are BASEBALL, NFL football and NASCAR.

The Sting have some great players like Dawson. They are coming to Buffalo april 7th. Great to see another fan of the NLL.

I can't stand baseball. I would rather sit and do math problems and I hate math. I couldn't be more bored when watching baseball. I would rather watch an AHL guy sit and take practice slapshots for an hour than see a bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, grounder to the pitcher that becomes a triple play to win the world series in game 7. Baseball makes me feel like my brains are falling out.

So I get the feeling you don't like baseball.

So I get the feeling you don't like baseball.

You could say that...

I'll play anything - or I'll have a catch or go to batting cages - but I just can't enjoy the MLB at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Another football fan here...well "soccer" to you guys. Sif that gridiron nonsense counts as football, they hardly ever kick the ball. Even Aussie rules football beats it and i HATE aussie rules, mostly because all the players are really up 'emselves wankers, but thats another story.

Enjoy most types of motorsport. World Rally Championship and F1. Really dont get into nascar and indy/champcar/whateva. Oval track is just way too boring. Although F1 lately hasnt been much better with most races being decided by pitlane trickery.

Enjoy watching "extreme" sports type stuff. Moto-X, quad bikes, sleds, skiing, snowboarding, skating, mountain biking, etc.

I like skiing when i get the chance, which is VERY rarely in Australia. It does actually snow here in certain areas but in recent years the season has been getting worse and worse. There isnt much doubt about global warming in the minds of australian skiiers/snowboarders.

So today I'm heading out with my Subaru Liberty [Legacy on the International market] Club for a cruise and then BBQ lunch followed by some timed racing around a small track. We also do motorkhana events and other trackdays. Good fun to use the cars for what they where designed for. Can't do anything silly on the streets nowadays as the police are really cracking down. oh well....another longass cray- rant over...

Stick a number on it, and I'll watch it.

I follow several different kinds of auto racing, I really enjoy good, well played, meaningful baseball games, football, especially when the home team is playing good or better, I can appreciate soccer, have enjoyed the Tour de France during the Lance Years.

I've been to the United States Grand Prix, the Canadian Grand Prix, the Indy 500, the 12 Hours of Sebring, ChampCar/CART races and the American Le Mans Series, including the Petit Le Mans. I've even been to the Brickyard 400 at Indy once. I even have a collection of pit crew shirts from sportscars, Indy cars and Formula One.

About the only thing I don't like these days is Basketball. It's not so much the sport, although I really dislike how the last minute can take 30 minutes to play, but the incredible amount of coverage it gets here in Minnesota, especially when compared to hockey, so it's probably more of a resentment issue. I'm also not into the culture of basketball and don't really relate to that world, so I've been a bit alienated by that aspect as well.

My favorite sport besides hockey is skateboarding. I#ve bee skating for about 15 years or so. To 80% of the German population is soccer their number one sport and second would be Formula 1 Racing. I hate both of them. Soccer is like a religion to the people here. And since Michael Schumacher retired from Formula 1 I hope it will lose popularity and the races would be only broadcasted on Pay-TV.

• 4 months later...

Football: Oakland Raiders

Baseball: Atlanta Braves

Basketball: Phoenix Suns

Add that I'm a NY Rangers fan, and my sports geography is awful.

To 80% of the German population is soccer their number one sport and second would be Formula 1 Racing. I hate both of them. Soccer is like a religion to the people here. And since Michael Schumacher retired from Formula 1 I hope it will lose popularity and the races would be only broadcasted on Pay-TV.

I'm planning on hitting the USGP in June out in Indy. As much as I hate Ferrari, Schumacher was one of my favorite drivers to watch and root against. I'm really curious to see how well the USGP does since Schumacher, Montoya, and Villenueve all no longer race there. Those three had the majority of the fans.