2010 olympic jerseys..

now that weve seen USA and Canada.. here are some other 2010 jerseys ive found so far, if anyone has any other pics, please post!

click here for all the countries new jerseys! check out that China jersey!!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1256831747/ref...2010&page=1

nevermind, most of them are on the icejerseys website!

http://icejerseys.com/international_iihf_jerseys_apparel.php

I just hope that some place eventually offers authentic olympic jerseys. I'd love to pick up the vintage USA 3rd in an authentic, since it supposedly isn't a Swift-cut.

HA!! The Swiss jersey looks like an ambulance driver or a candy striper. :D

They had great looking jerseys since the mid-90's, but since the federation got rid of the "SUISSE" logo, they have had ugly jerseys. Shame.

Those Finnish kits are horrible. Hate the throwback look

• 3 weeks later...

Has the Slovakia changed at all from the 2009 World Championships version?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm digging the sleeve designs on the Germany, especially the black one. I wonder if it will look as cool in reality.

GER2.jpg

Sadly despite some cool designs the only one I'd pick up from the Olympics would be the USA 3rd since it's not Swift-cut (and hopefully not Swift material either).

Sadly despite some cool designs the only one I'd pick up from the Olympics would be the USA 3rd since it's not Swift-cut (and hopefully not Swift material either).

This.

EDIT: Also looks like Sweden will have a shoulder patch. Any info on that?

I'm digging the sleeve designs on the Germany, especially the black one. I wonder if it will look as cool in reality.

GER2.jpg

I like that too.

http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=147027

river city has the new Norway jerseys.. I wonder why Icejerseys never got it???

I havent seen the China jerseys offered anywhere else for sale so thats pretty cool.. Come on IJ.. get this Norway if you havent already! I know its gonna be a hot seller!

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw what I'd presume are replica red Russia jerseys (as there was no fight strap and the salesman told me it was size XXL rather than telling me a number as size) for the Olympics today at one of the local malls while doing some last-minute holiday shopping- the salesman said they had just gotten them in. They had them customized w/Ovechkin, but while at least with these Nike replicas the name and numbers actually were sewn onto the jerseys somewhat properly (unlike a certain competing shoe brand who makes the NHL replicas and sells them on NHL.com!), I was a little sad that the name was in English and not Russian on these. Anyone know if this is due to Olympic rules since the 2010 Olympics are in Vancouver so they have to put all names into the local language (so this would mean for 2014 Sochi we could theoretically be getting American, Canadian, or Swedish players with Russian writing on their American, Canadian, or Swedish 2014 jerseys), or all names have to be in the official Olympic languages (English or French) at all Olympics, or is this just because it's a replica and the on-ice ones will be in Russian?

As long as they have had names on the backs of the jerseys they have always been in English for the Olympics regardless of what country they have been held in. It's probably got more to do with the amount of money the US networks pay more than anything.

That reminds me of the way NBC used to force the teams to put names on the jerseys for their "Game of the Week" games back in the 70's...not that I'm that old but it reminds me of that. :D

It's IIHF rules:

"B) In IIHF competitions, each player shall wear his name on the upper portion of the back of his sweater, printed 10 cm high, in block capital Roman letters."

Rule 240 b. This was discussed before the World Championships two years ago in Quebec.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=13305

Here is the link to the official rule book:

http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_upload/...es_part_one.pdf

That reminds me of the way NBC used to force the teams to put names on the jerseys for their "Game of the Week" games back in the 70's...not that I'm that old but it reminds me of that. :D

I slowly raise my hand and recall the Rangers wearing their "Winnipeg Jets" style jerseys and being throughly entertained by Peter Puck.

peter-puck-final_clip.jpg

I slowly raise my hand and recall the Rangers wearing their "Winnipeg Jets" style jerseys ...

Hey - the Rangers wore that style first, although the Jets made it look good :)

Hey - the Rangers wore that style first, although the Jets made it look good :)

I know that. I even wrote about it.

Rod Gilbert Jersey

I just didn't know what to call it to set it apart from the usual diagonally crested jerseys. I think I may have gotten it right too! :stickhndl:

How soon do we generally see numbers with the rosters that have come out? I want to buy a Kovalchuk jersey, but IceJerseys was selling Malkin jerseys with #71 already. Surely Ilya keeps that # as he has always had it for international play, but I just want to be sure.

How soon do we generally see numbers with the rosters that have come out? I want to buy a Kovalchuk jersey, but IceJerseys was selling Malkin jerseys with #71 already. Surely Ilya keeps that # as he has always had it for international play, but I just want to be sure.

The Russians announced their roster today, I imagine numbers will be posted soon. I too would imagine that Kovy keeps 71 and Malkin takes something else.

The Russians announced their roster today, I imagine numbers will be posted soon. I too would imagine that Kovy keeps 71 and Malkin takes something else.

The Ovechkin jerseys I saw at the mall had him as #8, but I'm somewhat curious as to whether he'd wear that or #32 (his number from the Russian league). Still kinda bummed that IIHF requires all names to be in Roman lettering for IIHF competitions regardless of where they're being played, although I guess it makes sense. The rules don't specifically say whether or not, for example, Sweden gets to print Nick Backstrom's name as Bäckström, or is he going to be Backstrom like in the NHL? I guess the same question would go for Samuel Påhlsson of the Blue Jackets- is he going to be Pahlsson? Maybe how the player names get printed (with or without accents, etc.) is left up to the individual teams once the names are put into Roman lettering.

Does anyone know when the numbering will be posted? I'd hate to have to wait until the Olympics start to find them all out.