2010 olympic jerseys..

The IIHF definitely doesn't care about us jersey guys. I ordered a blank Latvia replica and am very pleased with the quality. I plan to get a Kovalchuk before I head to Vancouver, just waiting for number confirmation. My top priority right now is to get a team USA authentic, but it is starting to look like they aren't going to be coming out. If anyone has seen them, I am prepared to give my money to the first site that lists them :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a Canada White (replica) and a Canada Red (Authentic).

There are some interesting things to note:

On the Authentic jersey there is no "Canada" maple leaf patch on the sleeve. It does have the Vancouver2010 patch sewn on the other sleeve.

The material for the authentic is something I've never seen in a jersey before. It is part "spandex" and really quite cool. These jerseys seem to fit true to their sizing numbers (my 52 feels like 52).

For the replica jerseys: there is a Canada maple leaf patch on one sleeve. They seem to fit a size bigger (I usually take an XL, but am a L in these replicas). The Vancouver 2010 patch is not sewn on, and the jersey is the same material as the previous Canada replica jerseys.

Just wanted to share what I've observed. I bought the Authentic through the VANOC website.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a Canada White (replica) and a Canada Red (Authentic).

There are some interesting things to note:

On the Authentic jersey there is no "Canada" maple leaf patch on the sleeve. It does have the Vancouver2010 patch sewn on the other sleeve.

The material for the authentic is something I've never seen in a jersey before. It is part "spandex" and really quite cool. These jerseys seem to fit true to their sizing numbers (my 52 feels like 52).

For the replica jerseys: there is a Canada maple leaf patch on one sleeve. They seem to fit a size bigger (I usually take an XL, but am a L in these replicas). The Vancouver 2010 patch is not sewn on, and the jersey is the same material as the previous Canada replica jerseys.

Just wanted to share what I've observed. I bought the Authentic through the VANOC website.

I might be able to pick up a Medium sized Canada replica jersey for a good price.

I hope they do run a little larger like the quoted post suggests. I can wear a medium but I'm much happier in a Large.

Has anyone thought what the players might think about wearing non-edge jerseys for a change? hah

I just opened my white team canada replica...just curious what color the "A" should be on the white jersey? Mine is white (it's up on the red part) and looks kind of funny). I trust IJ, but on the other hand, it doesn't look right.

I just opened my white team canada replica...just curious what color the "A" should be on the white jersey? Mine is white (it's up on the red part) and looks kind of funny). I trust IJ, but on the other hand, it doesn't look right.

Don't believe thats correct, it should be red on the white part. The numbers, on the other hand, are white on the red shoulders. Quick ebay link to a reputable ebayer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-PRONGER-TEAM-CAN...=item53df17041d

Don't believe thats correct, it should be red on the white part. The numbers, on the other hand, are white on the red shoulders. Quick ebay link to a reputable ebayer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-PRONGER-TEAM-CAN...=item53df17041d

thanks for that. you know, looking at it this morning (too lazy to do it when I posted), I was incorrect...it is a red letter, but the weird part is how the letter is on both the white and red sections and not on the white like the ones in that seller's link.

Is that grounds for returning, or is it something I should just have a seamstress move locally?

thanks for that. you know, looking at it this morning (too lazy to do it when I posted), I was incorrect...it is a red letter, but the weird part is how the letter is on both the white and red sections and not on the white like the ones in that seller's link.

Is that grounds for returning, or is it something I should just have a seamstress move locally?

For something like that, I would contact them, let them know what happens, and then ask how they would want to proceed. Tell them you are willing to ship back at their expense, or just have it altered locally and receive a gift card or refund in the amount of the work done.

Like if someone charges you 10 bucks to move the A, then ask for a 10 dollar gift card.

Watching the Canadian women's team play right now. They are wearing the white jerseys and the "A" is half on the red and half on the white. It's a red "A" with a thin white border so that it still stands out. So I think the jersey you have is actually done correctly.

More than likely the eBay seller made a judgment call since it looks like most of the media photos of players in the new Canada jerseys didn't show the "A" or the "C"

embed.jpg

click for larger view

I am watching the Canadian women play now and the letter IS sewn on bothe the red and white sections so your jersey is okay!