Panthers 3rd Jersey

AeroFishOne

Hey guys, todays the day the Panthers are releasing there third jersey.

As of now we only really have two peeks at the jersey.

Weve seen the new "cleaned up Panther face inside the circle logo that the Panthers leaked as a sneek peek.

Here is a new photo of the pants and socks which gives us an idea of the colors, thanks to the miami herald.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers...new-look-1.html

Just going off what we have seen so far, i think this is going to be a radically different jersey from the rest of the panthers set, which is quite obvious due to the light blue in the socks and lack of red so far.

I guess we will see today how it turns out.

Sorta off topic but since xcdude took the shot :D ,

For some reason, even though Carolina and Florida never really liked each other ( I wont say Rivalry, Carolina is a Dive Team according to the Panthers), I have always liked the Panthers, I dont know why.

Now a comment on the new third.

I dont know why it is, and this seems to be going for a lot of other sports too, Baby blue or light blue is making a huge Comeback? Question mark because i dont know if it was ever really popular in hockey. It is well represented in the old days of baseball. I know alot of Baseball Clubs are introducing baby blue and it seems like hockey its picking up. Atlanta started off even though its been some years now since it was released, Penguins rejuvenated their blues with the Winter Classic/Alt but now the Panthers seem to be coming out of left field with Carolina Blue as a color. It will be interesting to see how this full uniform comes out.

From what I've seen I think it has potential. Looking forward to seeing it. I'm glad it hasn't been leaked yet.

Definitely a lot of lighter blues being used now, Colorado's new alternate jersey is a lighter shade of blue too.

Maybe light blue is to the late 2000's as turquoise is to the mid-late 90's? Hah

I didnt even think about Colorado going to a lighter blue. Funny you should mention the 90s because thats exactly what i think alot of teams are doing now. Brighter colors, more outlandish designs.

The colours are definitely brighter. The orange on Philadelphia jerseys and the classic looking Oilers uniforms is extremely bright in some photo's.

I don't think the designs are outlandish though, there's a lot of "classic" looks and if they don't go for that they usually end up with something that is just bad.

Not many teams have gone out lately and did what they were doing int he 90's; introducing new logo's, crazy striping, unique number fonts, etc.

Maybe Atlanta, but I can't think of anyone else right now. I think most teams are playing it safe. It's boring.

Oof...not a fan at all. The crest is way too 'Blues' and the colors are just brutal. It looks like the old baby and dark blue Pens jerseys from the late 70's.

First reaction: A Pens 3rd and a Blues 3rd had a baby, and it's ugly.

Definitely not a fan considering the light blue is out of left field for their color palette. I don't like the new logo/shoulder patches either, to much like a amateur knock-off of the Marlins logo.

OMGhi2U

36530939.jpg

Terrible-- unoriginal and kind of boring. But it could have been worse.

Replace the light blue with red or panthers gold yellow, would already be 10 times better. I hate the light blue on the jersey. I appreciate them trying somehin new but just not light blue.

Replace the light blue with red or panthers gold yellow, would already be 10 times better. I hate the light blue on the jersey. I appreciate them trying somehin new but just not light blue.

Agreed completely.

I think contrasting retro bright would be a good way to sum up some of the new jersey designs. I really hope the Flyers migrate their Winter Classic jerseys to be the away uniforms and wait a year or so to introduce some absurd, would make Europe and the old Roller hockey leagues proud. Or possibly some nutso checkerboard style, I am really happy with the subtle use in Nashville's new jersey, but I would prefer one thats a bit more exuberant.

After seeing the game picture, i think they might grow on me. Yeah the light blue isnt the Panthers at all, but i dont think the overall package is something im going to end up hating. I like the shoulder logo but would have loved to see it on a red background.

I get the same feeling seeing these as I did when i saw Nashvilles thirds. Actually its exactly like the Preds, feeling wise.

Liked the shoulder patches on both.

Liked the template

Like the main logo

Just would have prefered differet colors.

EDIT: I Completely overlooked the Name and Numbers. I am not hot at all on the solid white numbers. They should have outined the Name and numbers with the same color as the sun.

the shoulder patches are REALLY, really lame. the jersey is OK overall. it reminds me of the tampa bay rays. Personally I think Dark blue and columbia blue go together well. It's better than just making a red version of their current home jersey.

Well, if they keep beating the Penguins in these jerseys, I love 'em!

I guess you don't like them so much after all right now...

:D

I have to say I do like them though. I like the contrast of a light color and a dark color together.

I suppose if you want to copy a jersey, the University of Maine isn't the worst jersey in the world to copy.

Why the one color names and numbers though? I don't really get it. It's like they are trying to pull off a "vintage" look like the Wild did, but used a pretty modern looking number font for some reason.

It would have looked better with two or three color numbers in light blue outlined in white or a light blue number trimmed in the dark blue and outlined in white.

The shoulder logo is really amateurish and does not inspire me in any way, shape or form. I'm certainly not going to run out and by a t-shirt with that on it, so what's the point of it?

Overall, by itself, there's nothing wrong with it, but how about making the small blue stripes in between the twin white stripes red to tie it in with the rest of their jerseys?

What's with teams abandoning primary colors from their set these days?