It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rage - Let me know if you can confirm one way or another. The S looks like its slightly tilted and the lettering on the back looks off.

Any other opinions?

One thing that led me to think it might be legit is the lace eyelet positioning. On most fakes with laces at the neck, when laced, the laces cover the NHL shield. On this one they are low enough to leave the shield visible. Also, the eyelets are white enamel like on a blue Rangers authentic. The Rangers fakes I've seen have bare metal eyelets.

A close up of the stitching on the numbers and letters on the nameplate would be a giveaway, but that kind of detail is hard to see in the pictures.

If fake, it is one of the better ones out there...

$(KGrHqV,!l0FFznYis42BRdFcvp8D!~~60_57.J

you can see the fight strap attachment is still the typical leftover fabric square instead of the real thing.

Yeah, that fight strap attachment is bad.

Look at the letters on the front. Dead giveaway to me, they look sloppy are overly stitched on the edges, almost embroidered instead of zig-zag stitched and they definitely look like the shiny puffy vinyl-like material they use on fakes instead of twill.

$T2eC16d,!ygE9s7HKKzBBRdFbsuuhQ~~60_57.J

I am with Akteon and LAK... The Dubinsky is fake.. A good fake but a fake nonetheless.. Lettering is bad and not twill material, stitching is bad, fight strap is bad, NHL shield is bad, Vector looks off... Another thing, I cant tell if the eyelets are silver or are they painted white? If they are silver, that is off too.. They should be white...

"Look at the letters on the front. Dead giveaway to me, they look sloppy are overly stitched on the edges, almost embroidered instead of zig-zag stitched"

I think they ARE actually sewn on with embroidery machines. On a multi-head machine they can do several jerseys in the time it would take to stitch one with zig-zag equipment. If we could see inside, the stitching for both the red and white layers probably goes completely through the jersey body material, if it’s like the Shanahan fake I have hanging in my closet. On my authentics you can only see the bobbin thread corresponding to the outline of the larger white background number; the red having been stitched to the white previously.

What’s more, they usually leave portions of the tearaway backing material used in embroidery on the inside. As much as they might try to remove most or all of that, some of it remains trapped underneath the bobbin threads.

Rage - Let me know if you can confirm one way or another. The S looks like its slightly tilted and the lettering on the back looks off.

Any other opinions?

Customization is off on the back

Seeing it on my computer it looks like a fake, sorry for getting the hopes up :( was hard to see the pics on my phone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380628787711?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I know blanks usually aren't faked, but 4 feathers by the ccm logo on the rear made me wonder...

That's a mid/late 90's replica. Those were not faked.

At the time the jersey was made (late 90's, as OR68 said), CCM did not make the on-ice jerseys for the Hawks, but they still produced replicas for sale to the public. Many of these replicas featured team logos next to the CCM logo on the hem. This is perfectly normal, and typical of jerseys with that CCM neck tag with the hockey rink.

100% Fake

Its a size large and has a fight strap. Dead giveaway. Replicas (in letter sizing) do not have fight straps, whereas authentics (in numerical sizing) do.

Ah I didn't see the crappy fight strap attachment in the pic. I was suspicious the letters were a bit too fat as well. Thanks guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360644065036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Did I luck out on one for the daughter(now be nice, he's her favorite player...), or did I discover a kid-sized fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360644065036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Did I luck out on one for the daughter(now be nice, he's her favorite player...), or did I discover a kid-sized fake?

Good to go with that one!

Did Nike make size 44 jerseys for international teams?

And if so, what size does that correspond to (i.e. S, M, L, XL)?

Thanks

Did Nike make size 44 jerseys for international teams?

And if so, what size does that correspond to (i.e. S, M, L, XL)?

Thanks

Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Nike-Peter-Forsberg-Sweden-Jersey-Size-44-M-or-L-Made-in-Canada-/290905298397?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43bb4e95dd

And it's your guy, too. Listing says measurement pit to pit is 22, making it a true 44. Seller says its a Medium or Large, but that's way smaller than any large I've ever seen. More like a Small/Medium. My Nike 48 is also true to its size measuring 24 pit to pit. Most charts I've seen equate 52s to XL, 48/50 to L, 46 to M, and 44 to M/S. Hope this helps.

Seller says its a Medium or Large, but that's way smaller than any large I've ever seen. More like a Small/Medium. My Nike 48 is also true to its size measuring 24 pit to pit. Most charts I've seen equate 52s to XL, 48/50 to L, 46 to M, and 44 to M/S.

Collar tag says 44 (s).

(s) = small

But that's one of those "replicthentics" - no fight strap or double elbows....not the same as what was worn on ice...if it matters.

Where to get Authentics, IndoEdge, or Replicas? I don't really care either way. What I'm worried about is finding a site that does proper customization.

I just looked at replicas on NHL.com and it says they heat press the player's name and number. I've ordered off HockeyMonkey before and they don't do customization properly, not on replicas any way.

Thanks.