It is good or not?

lafountain

My link

Any tips on telling real from fake for this style of jerseys? I'm looking specifically for 1995-96, if someone happens to know exactly what I need to look for to make it accurate. As with anything, I'd rather have an authentic, but I'm afraid I can't find (or afford) anything from that year at this point.

This one claims to be authentic?

Edited by Seedmaya

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this authentic from from the era?

Ebay link

The only thing different I noticed is the "CCM" logo on the bottom of the jersey compared to his actual game worn jersey. But that might just be a retail vs gamer difference.

Game worn

its legit but he wont budge on price ..

its legit but he wont budge on price ..

Yeah, I decided to pass myself. Here's the info I got from Jersey Central.

"Luciano sells legit stuff but he is insanely overpriced. However, that jersey is from the 1988-89 All-Star Game in Edmonton AND is from the Campbell Conference team. The small embroidered CCM logo on the hem is something that was used exclusively in the 80's and would only have shown up past 1990 if it was a recycled jersey. No All-Star jerseys were ever recycled though so it definitely wouldn't have seen game action. But, while it's still a legit jersey, it's been extremely devalued because it was incorrectly attributed...something that is way too common nowadays."

The Pro Player Bourque jersey is incorrectly customized, but if you can get around that it's pretty good.

The Koho Bourque jersey, on the other hand, is a "jersey foul" as he never wore Koho with the Bruins, but its customization is perfect. It's all about them tradeoffs...

I'm not concerned about the legitimacy, but more am curious as to when this was worn.

nhluniforms.com doesn't show an orange Koho Flyers jersey on its site.

My link

Okay that is weird. If you click on the Flyers logo at the top where it shows all their jerseys, it doesn't show that link. But if you click on 2000-01 on the left, it comes up.

Thanks!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=260788776838&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=81850486794

This is a bit late, but i'm curious. Still trying to get a legit, replica or not, Thomas jersey. This guy is really close to home, but the picture is pretty lacking. If anyone can help me out with this or any other Thomas jersey they can find. I'm still really lost and wouldn't mind help.

The team links at the top will show the different design sets for a time period, but not the different brand logos used in that period. The year links will provide the brand logos for that year (except for 1989-90 when they used two different hem logo set styles).

The team links at the top will show the different design sets for a time period, but not the different brand logos used in that period. The year links will provide the brand logos for that year (except for 1989-90 when they used two different hem logo set styles).

Ah makes sense, thanks for the help

Okay, that last one was a bust. Any idea with this one? http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Rick-Nash-Nike-Team-Canada-Olympic-Jersey-X-Large-OFFICIAL-W0QQAdIdZ286476518

Btw, I'm looking for a replica. I'm just wondering if there are fake replicas for this style.

Edited by Reivax

Okay, that last one was a bust. Any idea with this one? http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Rick-Nash-Nike-Team-Canada-Olympic-Jersey-X-Large-OFFICIAL-W0QQAdIdZ286476518

Btw, I'm looking for a replica. I'm just wondering if there are fake replicas for this style.

Fake. Cresting looks terrible as well as the olympic patch on the back is positioned wrong + looks like crap.

Fake. Cresting looks terrible as well as the olympic patch on the back is positioned wrong + looks like crap.

Yep. Add the fact that its a size XL and has a fight strap. The only legit Canada jerseys that will have a fight strap are authentic and are in numerical sizing

Local someone trying to sell this for a steal, but I don't think it looks right, but wanted a second opinion just incase

73357fb_20.jpeg

4666d1k_20.jpeg

4405c3f_20.jpeg

Local someone trying to sell this for a steal, but I don't think it looks right, but wanted a second opinion just incase

Faker then a three dollar bill.

Exactly like TMLFAN said, so fake. There is a Reebok Edge sizing tag on a "CCM Vintage" jersey. Add to that the horrible bubbly crinkly twill. Huge giveaways.

Jesus, you guys are good. I didn't realize it said it had a fight strap. That would have tipped me off, even.

Yeah man that thing is REALLY fake. :lol: There are several "classes" of fakes, which sometimes I label jerseys. There are the obvious ones, which you can tell by looking at them in less than 10 seconds. Then there are better fakes which require looking at different angles of the jersey. From there one can determine the fakeness. So it all depends on how obvious the fake jersey is.

But yes, we are trained here in this thread to spot fakes. We hope you learn the differences between a legit jersey and a counterfeit knockoff by reading this forum. Someday you may be as good as us! :thumbsup: