It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. The fight strap twill is waaaay too small. Also, the collar shield looks off and so does that Reebok logo on the neck. Avoid that one.

The progress the fake jerseys are making in trying to look more legit is scary. It is nearly impossible to buy a jersey on Ebay without having to go through a ton of fakes. I'm pretty much going to steer clear from buying Edge jerseys on Ebay and just stick with reputable online stores. I'm concerned counterfeiters will turn their attention to IIHF and Vintage jerseys next. At least I can still find some vintage CCM's that are not fakes.

Expensive considering a new replica 1st hand would be about $130. Plus did Sweden wear blue at all during the games? Thought I read on here they'd worn yellow every game - that may not bother you, just saying.

Not sure where to put it and didn't want to start a new topic, so figured I just ask here, but!

Has anyone seen a neck tag like this on a Nike pro jersey before? Note how it says its engineered to the exact specifications blah blah blah but has a XL instead of a 52..?

Not sure where to put it and didn't want to start a new topic, so figured I just ask here, but!

Has anyone seen a neck tag like this on a Nike pro jersey before? Note how it says its engineered to the exact specifications blah blah blah but has a XL instead of a 52..?

Pic?

A Swift authentic would have a numeric size though, right?

Yes - I'm far from an expert (I own one Swift authentic and one Swift replica) but as far as I know the authentics always have numeric sizing.

I got all excited because the jersey has a fight strap, so I was like yesss guy didnt list the auction right. But when I saw that tag, and the scribble which I normally relate to Nike's authentics, I got confused :P

Don't forget that Nike has a history of blurring the lines between "replica" and "authentic" previously. They had '96 WC jerseys that were pre-customized with star players that had numeric sizes, but no fight straps and I believe the crests were not stitched either, but sold as "authentics". For the 1998 olympics they did something similar, offering numeric sizes on pre-customized jerseys that were essentially replicas because they had no fight straps, no underarm gussets, and no dazzle material on the hem, shoulders, and wrists.

I'd say that IIHFjerseycollector or JeffB would possibly have some better insight, but my initial impression would be that it's a replica with a fight strap added (at best) or a complete knockoff (at worst) ...

The first thing that stood out to me...the IIHF patch is the size of the patches on the swift replicas.

I was going to buy that. The numbers and letters look way to thick, I think its fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-RBK-ALL-STAR-GAME-MIKE-RICHARDS-JERSEY-XL-FLYERS_W0QQitemZ380216901381QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item5886b17f05

I don't think it's fake...I'm more concerned with the numbers and if they're the terrible screen printed ones. Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-RBK-ALL-STAR-GAME-MIKE-RICHARDS-JERSEY-XL-FLYERS_W0QQitemZ380216901381QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item5886b17f05

I don't think it's fake...I'm more concerned with the numbers and if they're the terrible screen printed ones. Thanks in advance.

Screen printed, no. Heat pressed? maybe. If in doubt, ask the seller to get photos of both outside and inside the jersey to confirm. If the seller goes that extra mile to prove to you that the jersey is stitched, then he's a good seller that has nothing to hide.