It is good or not?

lafountain

Picked this tonight at MSG- a legit Vector but the numbers threw me. They're sewn on but why do they look white an not like the letters in the crest on the front? Crappy customization?

tumblr_mh9rclEIiC1rbryi4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh9rbdJomG1rbryi4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh9rbdJomG1rbryi4o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mh9rclEIiC1rbryi4o2_500.jpg

iPhone pics- sorry

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game tonight and checked every team store. Where the hell were there authentic 1.0 jerseys?!?!

The good news is that I didn't see too many Indos left. Hopefully that's a good sign of 2.0's taking over soon.

I hope that this post, my first, will not be incorrect or misplaced, but I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance regarding these two NY Islander jerseys:

(CCM Vintage Mke Bossy Blue)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160962131918

The Bossy jersey looks like it's a knockoff; I'd stay away from that one.

Yeah.. The Bossy looks a bit bogus to me as well..

I was at the game tonight and checked every team store. Where the hell were there authentic 1.0 jerseys?!?!

The good news is that I didn't see too many Indos left. Hopefully that's a good sign of 2.0's taking over soon.

In the store on the main concourse by the exit there's a tiny section of "authentics" (99% Indo's); I found this in the back of one of the racks. Not my ideal size but passable (according to the wife) until I can find a 46 or 50

They used white backing material to sew the numbers on.

Since I haven't seen this a lot, is there a difference between using it and not (i.e. using the white backing = poor customizing technique?)

In the store on the main concourse by the exit there's a tiny section of "authentics" (99% Indo's); I found this in the back of one of the racks. Not my ideal size but passable (according to the wife) until I can find a 46 or 50

What size is it? I still can't believe any adult can wear an Edge size 46-50. That's like a mitten to me.

Lol. 52.

Dude, I'm 5'5", 135. I was going to be in the Hobbit.

But Hobbits don't wear hockey jerseys so I declined the role

Dumb question: why would the NYR Heritage jerseys be 1.0's? That was in 2010-2011 when mostly everyone converted to 2.0's?

Because they didn't sell retail 2.0s

D'oh! I forgot that crucial nugget of info.

Since I haven't seen this a lot, is there a difference between using it and not (i.e. using the white backing = poor customizing technique?)

I picked up a blue 6100 which had been customized with the white backing recently (Poti, it had to go!). I've only just started unpicking it but having had a peek underneath it seems the same as regular stitching.

I'd wondered if it was factory customized for sale at MSG, as I haven't seen the paper backing used by places like IJ or Sportsk.

Got a pair of Eddy Belfour jerseys, one from the Blackhawks and one from the San Jose Sharks (didn't know Eagle played for the Sharks, but meh). Are they good, though?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ED-BELFOUR-30-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-SIZE-M-WHITE-NHL-STARTER-JERSEY-/200884562945?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec5a72c01&_uhb=1 (Blackhawks Belfour jersey)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CCM-Maska-San-Jose-Sharks-Ed-Belfour-Hockey-Starter-Jersey-XL-/230910063656?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35c34ff428&_uhb=1 (Sharks jersey)

BTW, Eagle is one of my favorite goalies, and I play goal in street hockey. Looking for a jersey because my Tom Barrasso Penguins jersey isn't winning any friends, lol. I also think it's cursed.

Got a pair of Eddy Belfour jerseys, one from the Blackhawks and one from the San Jose Sharks (didn't know Eagle played for the Sharks, but meh). Are they good, though?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ED-BELFOUR-30-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-SIZE-M-WHITE-NHL-STARTER-JERSEY-/200884562945?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec5a72c01&_uhb=1 (Blackhawks Belfour jersey)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CCM-Maska-San-Jose-Sharks-Ed-Belfour-Hockey-Starter-Jersey-XL-/230910063656?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35c34ff428&_uhb=1 (Sharks jersey)

BTW, Eagle is one of my favorite goalies, and I play goal in street hockey. Looking for a jersey because my Tom Barrasso Penguins jersey isn't winning any friends, lol. I also think it's cursed.

Both are replicas. Replicas are never faked, you have nothing to worry about.

They're both legit (and both replicas). The Sharks one is overpriced, imo, especially considering it looks like one of the older CCM replicas, which weren't the greatest quality.

Here's another one that excites me, but also makes me nervous. It's a Curtis Joseph jersey with the NHL 2000 logo and the All-Star Game patch...but the nameplate is making me a little leery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-TORONTO-MAPLE-LEAFS-CURTIS-JOSEPH-NHL-2000-JERSEY-XL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-/261160979531?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cce684c4b&_uhb=1

The Leafs one is good too; as Dropkick said replicas aren't faked. I'm not sure why the nameplate worries you though, it should be there and the lettering looks pretty good.

a quick heads up...if any of you are familiar with some of my posts when i 1st joined(about a sports mem store in a local mall selling fakes) they actually had china made replicas(jock tags/lettered sizes etc)...these were actually fake reebok replicas from today with older players (Bob Clarke Bernie Parent etc) that were from china (as admitted by the store owner)...so while they are uncommon....they are out there.