It is good or not?

lafountain

Hi everybody, this is my first post here, just need a little bit of your help to see what I got here. Got this Winter Classic jersey from one of those asian pages where they sell directly from the manufacturers, thing is, I'm good at spotting fakes, got a few fake and good ones, but this one is some kind of a mistery to me, took my chances buying a hockey jersey from this page and I'm quite surprised by the quality of it, any help from you guys will be really appreciated, Thanks a lot!

http://img706.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscn0550jl.jpg

I clicked the link, didn't even need to look past the first picture as its a size 48, RBK edges don't come in that size. It goes from 46 to 50. Big fake.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've seen that tag style in Leafs jerseys before too. Never on Vancouver though.

I haven't either....however I did browse that seller's feedback

iconNeg_16x16.gif Item never sent. Kept my money, msgs ignored. Had to file claim to recoup money.

26-Nov-12 05:57 GAME WORN MURRAY BARON VANCOUVER CANNUCKS ICE HOCKEY JERSEY WITH FIGHT STRAP (#130782803477) GBP 52.00 View Item

I don't believe the Kings ever wore Sandow. Goodman & Sons was a Los Angeles-based company so they used them for most of and if not their entire history in LA up until 1982. I can't be 100% sure about that though since I'm not a Kings expert. I've never actually SEEN a Kings Sandow jersey so that's what I'm basing it off of.

Mike pretty much answered the question ! Goodman did the jerseys form inception to the 1981-1982 season.

In 82-83 both Maska Knit and Maska mesh were used MASKA ON THE HEM. The mesh were not worn for the entire season, they shrank and the players hated them.

83-84 Adidas sewn in hem. CCM patch sewn on hem.

84-85 CCM knit. Adidas logo sewn in hem

85-86 same

86-87CCM knit. with 20th patch

Hope that helps a little

By the way Mike No Kings purple Monsters in the next Classic auction sorry bud!

I thought I read there was going to be an original 67-68 Kings in the auction.

To add to your list, I have seen a late 60's Kings jersey made by Rawlings.

Mike, didn't they use Rawlings jerseys with the Goodman & Sons tags inside at times? I seem to remember seeing one of those at a MeiGray Expo at one time. Purple durene I believe.

Mike, didn't they use Rawlings jerseys with the Goodman & Sons tags inside at times? I seem to remember seeing one of those at a MeiGray Expo at one time. Purple durene I believe.

Not sure...The jersey I am talking about was a gold durene that I saw at Staples when Meigray had an exhibit last season.

I didn't notice if it also had Goodman's tagging.

Thanks for all the help folks. I've only saw Rawlings durene replicas throughout my own personal research and all mesh game worns appear to be Goodman's. The reason I was asking was because I found a yellow mesh Sandow with a strap - I'll try and find the link and show you guys. :thumbsup:

Here we go! Customisation is wrong and I thought the collar looked a bit thin. What d'you reckon?

Not sure...The jersey I am talking about was a gold durene that I saw at Staples when Meigray had an exhibit last season.

I didn't notice if it also had Goodman's tagging.

I have never seen a rawlings Kings jersey...what year? i would be interested in seeing one

Sungod, as pointed out before, the Baron still lacks the NHL 2000 patch ...Why would it not be on there unless it was a "pre-season" jersey?

Patch could have been removed? weirder things have happend.

I have never seen a rawlings Kings jersey...what year? i would be interested in seeing one

Two Rawlings Kings jerseys, one with a Goodman tag sewn over the Rawlings. No photos of tags, though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~splatched/id39.html

All the patches from that seller are reproductions, some are pretty decent but not 100%.

Love the community you folks got going here, and I wanted to ask about the following jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARISE-Minnesota-WIld-3rd-Green-Alternate-Rbk-6100-Jersey-52-/330788816172?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4d048cc52c

Looks fairly legit, but I'm not that confident on the pre-Edge stuff. I'm pretty sure the seller's been vouched for around here before, but it being a Parise just seems really odd to me.

Seeing as how he got to Minny this off-season, it's incorrect. He would've only worn/is wearing a Reebok EDGE (2.0), not a 6100.

It's a legit jersey, but as you've already surmised, it's a jersey foul because Parise never used this jersey style with the Wild (Reebok 6100 cut was used between 2005-07).

Thanks guys! I don't care about jersey foul or not as I would be stripping the name and numbers. My thought was more along the lines of, if someone did that to try and move an old jersey then maybe there's a blank one for less available. Same seller has a few other old Wild 6100s with Parise on them. Sadly, the red alternate is too small... I've been looking for one of those for a long time now.

Not sure if I want to shell out 200 plus shipping for a strip job yet, though.

wow.. just wow...

check out the color of the collar... But wait.. Its an authentic Reebok Gaborik jersey... :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-MARIAN-GABORIK-Authentic-Reebok-Fight-Strap-Jersey-Size-52-/370752581476?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5652936f64