It is good or not?

lafountain

Gpq...Jim wouldn't have put it on there if it wasn't right. Jersey looks awesome bud, enjoy it.

I agree, thanks! After a few nervous minutes and a few image searches I've come full circle. I really like it.

I've bought 3 jerseys direct from Cosby's over the years (all pre-Reebok) and had them customize 2 more. They've always done a classy job. A bit pricey, but I have no complaints and will keep going back to that well.

Now if only I could find a blank blue starter...

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The material is a dead giveaway, 1.0s used the "bubble-mesh" material.

Here's a dead giveaway: (gotta watch both :thumbsup: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prF9L6Nbu9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4

What's the plan for a blank blue starter?

I'm kind of a Leetch nut. The late 90s away Starter is a favorite look of mine...I have a Gretzky (single logo from 1997-98 I think). I'd love to get a size 48 Leetch or blank to customize. I have a Liberty Starter Leetch in a 52, but lost a bit of bulk over the past year and need a 48 there as well.

I guess I should have, but I never realized there was an online community for obsessives like myself (and a treasure trove of experience and knowledge...woot)!

Hmmm.... why does it have the tiny size tag? I don't recall those being in the Vintage CCM's......at that time they were using the Canadian tag that is also there. Also, didn't the Vintage series shirts have the V emblem on the front too? I'm sure those with more knoweldge than I will shed some light on this soon enough......

I have a few of the CCM Vinatage series jerseys. These jerseys don't come with the "V" patch on the front. That was a different set that was worn by a few teams one season. One of my CCM Vintage series jersey is a Detroit TBTC jersey. The actual TBTC jerseys were made of ultrafil, the Vintage series TBTC is air knit.

The CCM Vintage series originally came in both authentics and replicas, they only make replicas now unfortunately. Teams I know had CCM Vintage authentics include the Detroit TBTC, Maple Leafs '70-'92 style (home and away), Boston '67-'74 style (home and away), Edmonton '79-'96 style (home whites, don't remember ever seeing the blue ones), Nordiques '80-'95 (home and away), Hartford '89-'92 (I don't remember seeing home whites but do remember road greens), Colorado Rockies and Kansas City Scouts (home and away). There also may have been North Stars, Jets, Kings, and Capitals jerseys as part of the series of authentcis. I used to drool over them when I would get the River City Sports catalougs.

***EDIT***

I went back and took a closer look at my authentic and replica CCM Vintage series jerseys. The grey neck tags like yours are in the replicas. The authentics have blue on the neck tags. Also on the authentics the big size tag with the Canadian flag is NOT sewn onto the CCM tag, it is sewn into the jersey at the seam where the shoulders meet the back of the jersey, like the small size tag is on the jersey you pictured.. My fight straps also have a crossed stitch patern, not just going one direction like the one you pictured. Also the CCM logo on the back hem is a patch with the C's in white squares and the M in a coloured square. I would have to conclude that yours is a replica that someone modified to pass off as an authentic.

I commented on this jersey earlier in another forum topic...

Your pics up there are really small, but in the photo of the fight strap it looks as though the strap only has stitching diagonally one way, rather than a cross. That seems odd to me.

Also, in that same photo, it looks like the fleur de lys is not an embroidered feature... more like screened and sewn on, with is more an attribute of fakes than of authentics.

However, I don't own a jersey like this, nor have I seen one up close, those would just be my impressions.

Bigger pictures would probably help others do a better job of identifying for you.

I didn't notice that about the fight strap. Bigger pictures would be a big help. I edited my post above.

I commented on this jersey earlier in another forum topic...

Your pics up there are really small, but in the photo of the fight strap it looks as though the strap only has stitching diagonally one way, rather than a cross. That seems odd to me.

Also, in that same photo, it looks like the fleur de lys is not an embroidered feature... more like screened and sewn on, with is more an attribute of fakes than of authentics.

However, I don't own a jersey like this, nor have I seen one up close, those would just be my impressions.

Bigger pictures would probably help others do a better job of identifying for you.

Best Interview of all time!

SO FAKE!

Totally unrelated but jesus....funniest thing i've seen all week....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-With-Tags-Authentic-Reebok-Edge-St-Louis-Blues-Home-Jersey-Size-46-/331066960323?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Seriously have doubts about this one because of the shape (or is it the hanger that makes it look that way?), shield and description. Otherwise this might be a deal and I'm giving someone a good opportunity.

Photo resolution is very poor but I would guess it's a legit Indo-Edge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-With-Tags-Authentic-Reebok-Edge-St-Louis-Blues-Home-Jersey-Size-46-/331066960323?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Seriously have doubts about this one because of the shape (or is it the hanger that makes it look that way?), shield and description. Otherwise this might be a deal and I'm giving someone a good opportunity.

That's a legit indo.

I am not looking for the full out authentic with fight straps but I was just curious if this is a good replica of the original San Jose Sharks home white jerseys? I know the price is slightly high for a non customized(other than the 75 year patch) but I am just curious about the quality of the jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SAN-JOSE-SHARKS-CCM-MASKA-XL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-W-75th-NHL-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-/261098532730?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3ccaaf6f7a

With this jersey, I would be curious if the signature was authentic and again confirming the quality of the jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAN-JOSE-SHARKS-CCM-FALLOON-JERSEY-AUTOGRAPHED-BRAND-NWT-SIZE-52-/251364738626?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a86818642

The first jersey is a replica from the early to mid 1990's, and the quality at this point was not very good, at least not as good as the CCM 550's of the late 1990's and especially the 2000's. The CCM back hem logo is screened on and tends to flake and peel off very easily. The jersey is grossly overpriced- you could probably find something similar for $40 or less.

The second one is an authentic, much better quality but again, highly overpriced, especially considering that the numbers are the wrong font- if you care about authenticity and accuracy you'll have to get it stripped and relettered. You're better off finding a blank authentic for $100 or less and having it customized yourself.

Like LAK stated....the first jersey is criminally overpriced. You will be 100% disappointed when you realize it's just a long sleeve t shirt with a glued on crest.

550 replicas at least have some of the weight of an authentic.

The center ice jersey....a bit high but I'm not sure how rare those sharks ones are.

I know finding a center ice Ottawa jersey in my size and in good condition is tough so sometimes you have to drop the hundred bills if you want it bad enough.

The first jersey is a replica from the early to mid 1990's, and the quality at this point was not very good, at least not as good as the CCM 550's of the late 1990's and especially the 2000's. The CCM back hem logo is screened on and tends to flake and peel off very easily. The jersey is grossly overpriced- you could probably find something similar for $40 or less.

The second one is an authentic, much better quality but again, highly overpriced, especially considering that the numbers are the wrong font- if you care about authenticity and accuracy you'll have to get it stripped and relettered. You're better off finding a blank authentic for $100 or less and having it customized yourself.

Thanks for the info. I have an old Sharks original white home like that and I was just wondering if there was any out there of greater quality. The original away teal replicas back then and even the Vintage versions today are at least nice and somewhat similar in material as the more recent generations of Sharks jerseys. I was just really curious why there don't seem to be the same in those original white home jerseys from back then.

Thanks for the feedback~! :thumbsup: