It is good or not?

lafountain

No, it isn't really like that.

I'm not THAT bothered by it..... sure I'd much prefer it to be right...... the main thing is I just don't want to look like an idiot for wearing it.

But I guess the real question is, what can I do about it at this point? Probably nothing.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO, what in the holy hell is going on here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAIL-YAKUPOV-SIGNED-EDMONTON-OILERS-JERSEY-PROOF-LICENSED-JSA-AUTHENTICATED-/291025390150?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item43c2770a46

(edit: wait, in the second pic it look like he took a picture of some cardboard he layered together. I'm taking it that's actually a replica done up with heat pressed? Gosh it looks horrible. Sorry, I just haven't seen one that carefully before. Terrible.)

But am I missing something? The first pic looks like a fake, and the autograph is on a totally different number.

Provided you initially gave them even the most basic instructions, such as "customize for the 2009-10 season," it would be easy to show that they customized it with the wrong font. Any decent customizer would stand by their work, realize that it was their mistake, then offer to redo it without charge. I don't know what other option you would have other than leaving it the way it is, and "looking like an idiot wearing it."

No, it isn't really like that.

I'm not THAT bothered by it..... sure I'd much prefer it to be right...... the main thing is I just don't want to look like an idiot for wearing it.

But I guess the real question is, what can I do about it at this point? Probably nothing.

If you prefer it to be right then send it back to them on their dime and make them do it again properly. In regards to looking like an idiot I can assure you that 9 out of 10 people would have no clue anything was wrong with the jersey...however, I, being that 10th person, will make sure to point and laugh at you!

Edited by slimcutta
Happy b-day old man!

Hi! Looking to purchase my boyfriend a NY Islanders Pierre Turgeon jersey. I admittedly am clueless about the authenticity of NHL jerseys and would appreciate any help! I have stumbled upon these two jerseys thus far:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-90s-vintage-PIERRE-TURGEON-new-york-islanders-JERSEY-hockey-LARGE-/291011656278?pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item43c1a57a56

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12924566

Can anyone offer advice on to where to find others? Currently searching the web and keep falling upon closed auction sites. Thank you!!

Both of those are legitimate replica jerseys, but they have a number of issues which you may want to be aware of. If you want the jersey to look good, not only should the jersey be legitimate, but the customization (lettering kit) should be of good quality and be as accurate as possible to the time period in which the jersey was worn by the player. The eBay jersey has screenprinted characters, which are not good quality and after repeated washings may start to crack and peel off- can't fix that. Good quality customization involves using letters and numbers made of tackle twill, which looks good, is very durable, is stitched onto the jersey and will not come off under normal usage.

The 2nd jersey is also legit but it's a replica of a jersey used after Turgeon left the Islanders. Turgeon didn't play in this jersey with the 4-stripe logo on the shoulder and the 3-layer numbers, so it's not accurate to the period in which Turgeon was an Islander.

Rather than finding a jersey already perfectly customized with Turgeon's name and numbers, it may be easier to buy a blank jersey (taking care to be sure it was a jersey he actually played in), and then sending it to a good customizer who can make the lettering kit and apply it to the jersey for you. EBay is probably the best place to find them, and people here, I'm sure, would be glad to help you determine if the jerseys you're looking at are legit and appropriate, and where might be a good place to get it customized.

Thank you, this advice was extremely helpful. I stumbled upon this jersey, already customized with Turgeon's name and numbers.

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/products/PIERRE-TURGEON-New-York-Islanders-1993-CCM-Vintage-Throwback-NHL-Hockey-Jersey.html

Does this appear legitimate to you? If not, I will continue to look for a blank 1993 jersey. Again, thank you for all of your help!

Both of those are legitimate replica jerseys, but they have a number of issues which you may want to be aware of. If you want the jersey to look good, not only should the jersey be legitimate, but the customization (lettering kit) should be of good quality and be as accurate as possible to the time period in which the jersey was worn by the player. The eBay jersey has screenprinted characters, which are not good quality and after repeated washings may start to crack and peel off- can't fix that. Good quality customization involves using letters and numbers made of tackle twill, which looks good, is very durable, is stitched onto the jersey and will not come off under normal usage.

The 2nd jersey is also legit but it's a replica of a jersey used after Turgeon left the Islanders. Turgeon didn't play in this jersey with the 4-stripe logo on the shoulder and the 3-layer numbers, so it's not accurate to the period in which Turgeon was an Islander.

Rather than finding a jersey already perfectly customized with Turgeon's name and numbers, it may be easier to buy a blank jersey (taking care to be sure it was a jersey he actually played in), and then sending it to a good customizer who can make the lettering kit and apply it to the jersey for you. EBay is probably the best place to find them, and people here, I'm sure, would be glad to help you determine if the jerseys you're looking at are legit and appropriate, and where might be a good place to get it customized.

I myself had a bad experience with that company a few years ago; the jersey I got was not the same as the regular official vintage replicas in that the material was different and the crest was fake-looking. I certainly cannot say that all their jerseys are bad but I would not recommend them to anyone just because of the experience I had. The thickness of the stripes on the Islanders jersey seems to be disproportionate and the 7's look a little off.

Here's a pretty good-looking size L home replica which is an original from the early 1990's, and apparently in new condition. It already has patches that were unique to the 1991-92 season, Turgeon's first with the Isles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131055860097

If you're good with a replica jersey/patches, grab that guy...if you want authentic, grab thebiggoalie's Islanders listed in his for sale thread here - http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5343&p=109491

Just depends if you want a pro jersey or don't care and would prefer a more cost efficient replica.

Someone really needs to help the cowboys guy who keeps posting his message crossed out.

But can anyone help me?

I'm wondering where currently to get Reebok Edge 2.0 jerseys (with Reebok word logo), besides Ebay. I'm looking currently for Oilers and Canadiens jerseys.

Team-issued or Retail is fine.

I know this is an authentic jersey but i dont know whether or not if its 1.0 or 2.0

http://s912.photobucket.com/user/eaglefan1354/library/#/user/eaglefan1354/library/?sort=3&page=1&_suid=138603672073405051081813112839

i know its a team issued as well.

I know this is an authentic jersey but i dont know whether or not if its 1.0 or 2.0

http://s912.photobucket.com/user/eaglefan1354/library/#/user/eaglefan1354/library/?sort=3&page=1&_suid=138603672073405051081813112839

i know its a team issued as well.

Preds jersey is a 2.0.