It is good or not?

lafountain

Koho's weren't faked (for the most part to my knowledge). Fakes come up with reebok, vintage cmms and some starters (eg fake Gretzky rangers with the "game set 2" tag)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koho's weren't faked (for the most part to my knowledge). Fakes come up with reebok, vintage cmms and some starters (eg fake Gretzky rangers with the "game set 2" tag)

Thanks.

The other one I was considering was this one:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-hockey-Mats-SUNDIN-13-05-06-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Alt-Jersey-S52-HHOF-W0QQAdIdZ526041476

Here are my questions about that one:

1. Is it authentic?

2. How can the buyer/seller tell exactly what season it's from?

3. I've noticed that some of these jerseys have the Koho "K" logo on the left wrist and some don't. Does anyone know if ALL of these authentics are supposed to have that logo or is it one of those things that they did for only a few seasons?

This jersey is a legit authentic. Although Kohos were manufactured from 2000-04, I believe this one is one of the earliest from the 2000-01 season, because it has a small square size tag below and to the left of the Koho neck tag. In later years they got rid of that size tag and started indicating the size on a larger tag featuring the Canadian flag, and located right beneath the Koho tag.

If a Koho jersey (or any brand jersey for that matter) has a brand logo on the sleeve, then it's almost always a replica jersey, not an authentic. The only exceptions I've seen were prototype jerseys like ProPlayers, which were authentic but did have sleeve logos.

This jersey is a legit authentic. Although Kohos were manufactured from 2000-04, I believe this one is one of the earliest from the 2000-01 season, because it has a small square size tag below and to the left of the Koho neck tag. In later years they got rid of that size tag and started indicating the size on a larger tag featuring the Canadian flag, and located right beneath the Koho tag.

If a Koho jersey (or any brand jersey for that matter) has a brand logo on the sleeve, then it's almost always a replica jersey, not an authentic. The only exceptions I've seen were prototype jerseys like ProPlayers, which were authentic but did have sleeve logos.

Thanks. That clears up a lot about the Koho "K" thing.

I'm still a little confused about the seasons though. I didn't notice the differences in the neck tags, but I thought that the jerseys from 2000-2001 had the black and orange NHL puck on the back under the piping and not the black and silver NHL shield.

The puck logo is only on the replicas; the authentics have the NHL shield. There are plenty of other differences too. For Koho replicas the brand tag in the neck is primarily white, while that of authentics is mostly black. All other brands have tags that are different between authentics and replicas.

For jerseys whose design remained unchanged throughout many seasons, it's often difficult to tell exactly in which year it was manufactured. In some cases, like in the Koho above, you can tell by some differences in the tags. If all you want is to know what season a particular jersey style is from, check out nhluniforms.com, where you can see what each team wore year by year.

He guys I'm new to the forum...I have a quick question...I bid on this John Tavares Jersey. It claims to be authentic...after reading this forum I have some doubts. I noticed it has the wordmark....but the inside collar has the old rbx liner. I own about 7 premier jerseys...never owned an authentic. What do u think? Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-JOHN-TAVARES-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-NHL-SEWN-REEBOK-JERSEY-ADULT-50-/190999935299

He guys I'm new to the forum...I have a quick question...I bid on this John Tavares Jersey. It claims to be authentic...after reading this forum I have some doubts. I noticed it has the wordmark....but the inside collar has the old rbx liner. I own about 7 premier jerseys...never owned an authentic. What do u think? Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-JOHN-TAVARES-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-NHL-SEWN-REEBOK-JERSEY-ADULT-50-/190999935299

Sorry but that one is a fake.

What an awful looking fake. Real authentics do not have a wordmark on the sleeve nor a front crest that looks like Hobos got a hold of.

This is a fake and closer to premier than authentic.

First off, notice the wordmark on the left hand sleeve, authentics never have that, only premiers do.

Most noticeably though the center crest is just.....an abomination. It is wavy and and likely stitched right into the jersey material. Premiers have flat woven crests that are glued or sewn to the front of the jersey, authentics have a higher quality thick/dense crest which is also perfectly flat and flush that is sewn on.

Finally it has no jock tag so it can't even be a fake premier.

It is just a fake....fake.

This is a fake and closer to premier than authentic.

First off, notice the wordmark on the left hand sleeve, authentics never have that, only premiers do.

Most noticeably though the center crest is just.....an abomination. It is wavy and and likely stitched right into the jersey material. Premiers have flat woven crests that are glued or sewn to the front of the jersey, authentics have a higher quality thick/dense crest which is also perfectly flat and flush that is sewn on.

Finally it has no jock tag so it can't even be a fake premier.

It is just a fake....fake.

How do u cancel a bid on eBay?

How do u cancel a bid on eBay?

I think you can retract a bid and claim you "put in the wrong amount by accident". Or, if you must, create a new dummy account and outbid yourself and forget about it.

I think you can retract a bid and claim you "put in the wrong amount by accident". Or, if you must, create a new dummy account and outbid yourself and forget about it.

Thank you so much....I was able to retract the bid by saying I entered the wrong amount....I also contacted the seller to let him know I was trying to cancel and why....the guy had a 100% rating so I wanted to give him a heads up

Legit.

Isn't there a better way to get fakes off Ebay?

Like what if some of us went hunting specifically for fakes on ebay, then we post the links here, and a bunch of us report the auction to Ebay?

I would be willing to put a bit of time into searching for fakes.

Just one idea. Anyone else?

Reportinfg fakes does nothng 99 out of 100 times. Only when representatives for the company reports it then action gets taken and in some cases they remove legit ones.

Reportinfg fakes does nothng 99 out of 100 times. Only when representatives for the company reports it then action gets taken and in some cases they remove legit ones.

Glad I have backup in this topic....the rights owner steps in and than lays the hammer down. Most of the time its on people who they mistake for selling legit stuff (myself an OR68) and in my case I got completely banned from selling on eBay until I have a new address....but that topic is beating a dead horse now.

I was a victim of having a legit jersey being removed from eBay and being threatened of legal action as well so I know where your coming from on that.

Any blues gamer experts here? I bought this at a reasonable price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jay-McClement-game-used-worn-St-Louis-Blues-jersey-/271327683568?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=iBEMLirZhHVf0bE6EG295%252BiRrdI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It arrived today and I will post pics soon. It looks legit, but it doesn't have the double reinforced fight straps like the gamers of today. Was this common for the first generation of EDGE 1.0's? Do the stamps look right? I also noticed that this size 56 is smaller and shorter sleeves than a newer 56 I have. Maybe it shrunk from repeated washes?

There are some light yellow stains on the front and side of the jersey. I'm not sure if this is common for gamers, or where it could have came from. I suspect it was caused by the previous owner.

Does anyone know Kevin Jones in the gameworn.net community?

edit: pics

07-08mcclementset1TagsCOA_zps2a2df26f.jp07-08mcclementset1COA_zps1cf615fc.jpg

Yeah the 07/08 1.0 gamers dont have double stitched fight straps but as early as 08/09 the 1.0s did (even though only a few players wear still wearing them). I have examples of both in my collection. Jersey looks legit to me.