It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would venture a guess that this jersey is very likely a legitimate game-worn. Every detail on the jersey appears to be correct for the stated time period (1993/94)- accurate inner hem team stamp, correct neck tagging, 3-layer front crest (available only on team-issued jerseys, not retail authentics)- except for the lack of NHL shield, but that in itself does not automatically negate the possibility that the jersey is gameworn. There are many oddball jerseys (especially back then) with little details which differ from most others from the same time period, but which the teams used anyway in games.

In deciding whether to buy the jersey or not, I would consider who the seller is- just a random eBay member, or perhaps a prominent collector with a good reputation who is well-known in the hobby? Does the seller offer any kind of provenance? Letter of authenticity from a trusted source, any definite photomatches? In the worst case scenario in which you know nothing about the seller and there is no provenance whatsoever, then I suppose it would all depend on how badly you want the jersey and how reasonable the price is. It's not terribly likely that someone would fake a Yawney jersey, so if it's reasonably priced, perhaps it might be worth taking a risk on- after all, as I mentioned before, the jersey does at least appear to be legitimate.

Strange, it looks like the auction ended a month and a half ago and was won by someone other than yourself, and for a significantly lower price. I'm not trying to be nosy here, but did the original sale fall through and the seller is trying to sell it to you now at a higher price? Or is the original buyer reselling it to you?

The eBay seller may in fact be a good one (although I've read a few "interesting" comments about him on the internet) but when I mentioned "good reputation," I wasn't really referring to an eBay rating, but rather the seller's reputation specifically in the gameworn jersey community. I'm not saying the seller doesn't know anything about gameworn jerseys, but it looks like he deals mostly in baseball cards/photos/memorabilia, which doesn't automatically qualify someone as an expert in gameworn hockey jerseys. Do as much research as you can on the seller.

Thanks for the research. Indeed, sold but the buyer then did not pay for it.

Also told me he paid $800 for both Chiasson and Yawney jerseys... I believe it, but it seems, like stated about other buyers on other forums, that he is not that experienced about hockey game worn jerseys, and not really making his homeworks before buying and selling some items...

So, I still have the night to think about, but for $450, I will not buy it, with the risk of not being able to sell it then, in case of upgrade.

Thanks again

Edited by mylouloumyloulou

Avs only wore those jerseys their first season in the league. The jersey is legit but the customization is bad.

Those jerseys are known to run small so if you wear a 52 go for a 54 or 56.

1970 -72 Canucks jersey. not sure on this as it was supposedly back in the early 70s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131628956164?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Like that style jersey though. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Tag on it says Hattem.

1970 -72 Canucks jersey. not sure on this as it was supposedly back in the early 70s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131628956164?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Like that style jersey though. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Tag on it says Hattem.

I doubt it's from the 70's (pretty sure they used Dureen back then not Ultra-Fil) but it still is really cool

Slim!

We need another book!!!!!

Edited by Hockey Bob

I'm new to the discussion here but joined the forum because I need some help. I acquired 5 jerseys and have no idea what they are, if they have any value, if they're real or fake.

The tag on this one says RBK Center Ice Collection Authentic, on the back it says RBK Authentique. It says it's made in Canada and it's a size 50. I've done a number of searches online and can't figure it out myself. This one I posted pictures of has Chara's name on the back, the Stanley cup final 2013 patch on the right chest and the captain C on the left chest.

Let me know if you need more pictures to figure out if it's real/fake, I plan on wearing it proudly when I support the B's!

Thanks in advance.

post-24720-0-74194500-1445308886_thumb.j

post-24720-0-03517600-1445308896_thumb.j

post-24720-0-69343600-1445308905_thumb.j

You have a real Starter brand authentic jersey from 1996-97- not a fake!

Sorry buddy, that one's a fake. The third pic is the dead giveaway for me. If you compare that one to a picture an authentic one, you'll see the difference in the quality of the crest and lettering.

1st pic of the neck tag gives it away. This one has the silver Premier neck tag instead of the authentic black one.

• 2 weeks later...

A Good Sports tagged Whalers jersey? That would mean it's a Stall and Dean piece. I'm not sure why but something doesn't feel right there.

This seller is a friend of mine. I have no info on the jersey but he doesn't deal in fakes of any kind. He's a good guy. Bought some pretty awesome pieces from him before...he's got a pretty insane collection. Anything you need to know, just ask him...very honest.

This seller is a friend of mine. I have no info on the jersey but he doesn't deal in fakes of any kind. He's a good guy. Bought some pretty awesome pieces from him before...he's got a pretty insane collection. Anything you need to know, just ask him...very honest.

What do you guys think? Jersey seems authentic, but the customization is nagging at me a bit. The orange in the nameplate is clearly a different color than the jersey. Is it that big of a deal? Everything else seems good, numbers, logo, etc. Would this color difference bother you? Seller says it was customized by Action Spot Sports in Buffalo, NY. Not sure if they are good?

Sorry for the gigantic images.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg