It is good or not?

lafountain

On 18. 4. 2017 at 3:20 PM, Grimey said:

Hi there,

I have a question about a replica starter jersey that i've bought recently and i'm wondering if somebody could tell me if it's a legit starter replica or not? If so, from which production years would approx. be ?

Ive never seen this type of neck tagging and the tail embroidery on the replica starter jerseys before that's why i'm curious about it, i've mostly seen sewn on neck tags inside the neck area of the jersey and the star logo along with the conference patch on the tail (or just the star logo) and rarely also starter sewn on tag on the tail, which i believe that would be one of the first starter replica jerseys?

But i've never seen this type of replica before.

Any ideas?

http://imgur.com/a/xH1J4

Does anyone have more info. about this replica starter ?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, it wouldn't have been so bad, but now that Hawks 2.0's are readily available, there's little point in making a 2015 SCF jersey out of a 1.0.  Plus, that vector logo would bug me.

Always wondered when knockoff 2002-2004 Team Canada jerseys were going to show up...apparently someone forgot to tell the hockey and field hockey use different sticks...smh. 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252883361693

That's no fake (it's a space station!), it's from the short period of time when Iginla joined Canada's national field hockey team in 2003. Personally, I never thought he fit in with the team. Those chicks looked way better than he did in the skirt.

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Dude, your want-list signature takes up 3/4 of the page on desktop, LOL :lol:

Like it's possible that there's that many jerseys he doesn't have already...

Is anyone particularly good at spotting what caused a jersey to be a factory reject? I just picked up a TI 00-04 Islanders CCM and it's got the hole punched in the shield, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with it.

If it's that one that was for sale on the FB group I think that the fight strap was attached a little outside the twill box, or the stitching on it was a little wonky.  Something like that.

7 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Is anyone particularly good at spotting what caused a jersey to be a factory reject? I just picked up a TI 00-04 Islanders CCM and it's got the hole punched in the shield, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with it.

Islanders jersey. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Did you see the "fight strap"? Not even close.

4 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

Did you see the "fight strap"? Not even close.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you: I didn't. I posted that late last night very quickly and didn't bother with checking the rest of the photos because I was in too much of a hurry. Thanks for being more thorough than me.

The price should have been a dead giveaway anyway.

Yes, that is a legit 00-04 CCM. You are good to go on that one.

1 hour ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Query, did the CCM logo appear on the back of the jersey at the neck prior to 2002? 

Also, yeah, legit from what I can see.

Yep 00/01 season through 03/04 season