It is good or not?

lafountain

Been out of the game for a while and was looking at a Caps stadium series jersey. I'm assuming this isn't a legitimate site but was wondering if any one knew for sure. http://www.nhljerseys.hockey/2018-nhl-stadium-series-capitals-jakub-vrana-navy-authentic-pro-player-jersey-p21169

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuned in to the Rangers-Penguins game tonight and they made a big deal about "super fan" Susan Sarandon at the game (she was featured on the broadcast between the benches). They asked her if the Rangers and Pens are big rivals, and she replied, "I guess we will know after the game."

I did a quick search on her and up popped a photo of Susan and her son at a game. What do we think about those shirts?? :)

gallery-1488489300-gettyimages-523210260

Other pics here: 
https://www.womansday.com/life/entertainment/a58127/susan-sarandon-look-alike-son/

Reminded me of when I lived in NYC and played hockey at Chelsea Piers. Tim Robbins would show up to play lunchtime pick-up. Occasionally we'd be missing a keeper, so we would of course just focus on passing. One day Robbins was gong up against the empty net, and he drilled a one-timer. That was kind of lame, but then he full on celebrated -- one knee, fist pump, the whole deal. 

He was always nice to me. Never changed in the same locker room as the rest of us. Not sure if he played in a league but I never saw him.

Funny.

They asked her if the Rangers and Pens are big rivals, and she replied, "I guess we will know after the game."

And these are the people who told you who to vote for!

As a euro, it truly is disgusting to see these millionaire low IQ celebs spew sh*t from their mouths and  at the same time claim they are smarter than the average American, and call them names at the same time.

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

They asked her if the Rangers and Pens are big rivals, and she replied, "I guess we will know after the game."

As a euro, it truly is disgusting to see these millionaire low IQ celebs spew sh*t from their mouths and  at the same time claim they are smarter than the average American, and call them names at the same time.

The empty can rattles the most.

Please tell me their jerseys are knockoffs...

That was a good game. Not sure if they're rivals though.

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

To be fair, I'm not certain that intelligence and/or political savvy (or lack of) is related to whether or not they know 2 hockey teams are rivals...

That said, this is pretty annoying/hilarious -- a compilation of all her comments during the first period:

Edited by artificialintuition
Fixed video link

6 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

To be fair, I'm not certain that intelligence and/or political savvy (or lack of) is related to whether or not they know 2 hockey teams are rivals...

That said, this is pretty annoying/hilarious -- a compilation of all her comments during the first period:

She sounds like she’d fit perfectly on the NBC NHL coverage team with Pierre, Emerick, and Milbury. 

13 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

Being an actor and intelligence certainly do not go hand in hand 

Slightly off topic but has anybody purchased one of these blank jerseys from RCS?  They are dirt cheap and could be good donor jerseys for nameplates depending on what the material looks like.

River city sports branded jersey

Remember when RCS used to have those Nike prototype Canada jerseys at like $19.99 for the longest time? I always meant to buy one to use for plates and never did for whatever reason. Then, of course, the moment I decide to go for it, they're gone.

Might have bought a Phoenix CoyotesStarter replica jersey signed by Keith Tkachuck and Jeremy Roenick.  Almost impossible to make out the signatures but there's an obvious 7 and a 97.  Anyone know someone who can say it is or isn't?

2 hours ago, Joe Rocket said:

Might have bought a Phoenix CoyotesStarter replica jersey signed by Keith Tkachuck and Jeremy Roenick.  Almost impossible to make out the signatures but there's an obvious 7 and a 97.  Anyone know someone who can say it is or isn't?

Post a picture or link, I’m sure someone here will be familiar enough with those signatures.

Not me. 

Sent it to MeiGray to look at.  They think the signatures are indeed Tkachuk and Roenick.  Cool find of $30 on Ebay.  Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2znni5sz0t9av9/AACIYkPrABrYfF7DJV1f09Ica?dl=0

8 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Anyone know anything about this jersey?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112886822823

I can't find any game used jerseys that match that Indian Head with gunzo on the hem. Also, the CCM looks off too...

Looks a little sketch to me, but hoping it's legit.

You guys think someone tried recreating the Gunzos hem? What it looks like to me so far. The Gunzos is also missing the trademark R and looks too scrunched

Looks like it to me. Also notice how the embroidery has a thread between each letter. That’s sloppy and I dunno if that was how it was done back then. Maybe @Brilliant! will chime in. 

Looks fishy to me.  That jersey doesn’t look like it was made until around 1993, well after they stopped putting the GUNZO’S logo on the hem.  That style crest, the fight strap, what looks like a small size tag that was removed from the neck, look like post-1991 as well.  The CCM hem logo looks bad- what happened to the big block logo that should have been there?

From the Jersey Book.  Sounds like that version is supposed to be heat pressed and not embroidered. I think you have your answer anyway. 

26091011107_5bc9d83483_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

OooOOOoooo. I might have to pick it up!

I just found mine where my wife had “put it away”, it’s an excellent resource. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I just found mine where my wife had “put it away”, it’s an excellent resource. 

I just shared that image with the ebay seller and this is what he replied with "I  appreciate that. I actually have seen that Guide multiple times. Gunzos was Selling jerseys out of their retail store in the 70s. That jersey is much earlier than the later style jerseys that are more prevalent but still rare such as mid-80s. I would assume it’s an early 80s but I couldn’t pinpoint the year"

I'm have a hard time believing him. That Indian Head is straight up from the early 90s.

Not a chance it’s early 80’s.