lafountain

It is good or not?

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Slim's book is an awesome resource, I bought a few extra and gave them out as gifts.  

That Hawks jersey is a Frankenstein hot mess. 
The fight strap looks like a mid 90's strap along with the crest, The Gunzo's should be heat pressed (I've never come across an embroidered one)  
It has the small block CCM tag on the lower hem which would be 80's
But it has remnants of the numeric size tag of a mid 90's  

I'd stay away, his starting price is more than it's worth but I am willing to bet it get's to a bidding war and someone wastes a lot of money. .  

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm definitely staying away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 1:24 PM, mfitz804 said:

In a hobby where everyone is trying to get things as "on ice accurate" as possible, I'd think that errors that make things less accurate make them less desirable. 

Take for example, this big block CCM Devils:

26792266928_1b07568d9b_b.jpg

First reaction was, where's the NHL shield next to the CCM logo? I haven't consulted the Jersey Book yet to see if the Devils ever had a big block CCM without the shield. But I am already considering options on how to get a shield added, I'm not at all thinking "wow, maybe its worth more". 

Bumping this to add a postscript, when I located my copy of The Jersey Book during the last snowstorm, I was able to confirm that big block, no shield jerseys were worn during 89-90, so it is correct as is. 

Edited by mfitz804

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few of those Big Block CCM's with no shield. 
I thought I got duped but was later happy after talking with Mike and getting confirmation mine were also 89-90 jerseys. 

And that Gunzo's Frankenjersey was taken down then relisted at $500 OBO - looks like someone bought it for $225 
One born every minute. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I have a few of those Big Block CCM's with no shield. 
I thought I got duped but was later happy after talking with Mike and getting confirmation mine were also 89-90 jerseys. 
 

Got mine for a really good price, I’m glad it didn’t cause me to hesitate otherwise it would have been gone pretty quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I would've seen it before you did ;)

Nice pick up, what size? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I wish I would've seen it before you did ;)

Nice pick up, what size? 

It’s a 54, but a larger than average 54. I’ve owned 3 54’s in the vintage red and green, this is the largest one I’ve found. Chest measures out to almost a 56. 

I find it quite interesting that these have such variations in size. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the late 80s, CCM put out retail 'semi-pro' jerseys that features pro cut stitching/tailoring, double-elbows, shoulders, and full sized crests, however, no fight straps, and the collar tags were different than on-ice jerseys, most of which featured a 's', 'm', 'l', 'xl' sizing. Other main tell-tail is the rear hem features a sewn on CCM red red blue patch. Not to be confused with those that appeared on some of the earlier CCMs as early as '83.

That blackhawks is one of those semi-pro's, with a '91 and newer (flat button) fight strap put in, and poor replica sewn hem tags. Dude just removed the patch, and had someone embroider both logos, and wrote '52' with two little lines underneath to confirm authenticity ;)

Some examples of said 'semi-pro' -
http://public.fotki.com/slimcutta/late-80s-semi-pro-r/

Being one of the larger, if not the largest supplier of retails at the time, a lot of 'em came from Gerry Cosby's and feature their rear hem tagging, as noted on the Neely 'nucks and blank hawks in the album.

I didn't outline these 'semi-pro's' in the book, I'm sorry, please forgive me :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joseph Shilen, Ken Kaszuba, and Gewargis Envia, thanks for your support, your books went out this morning :thumbsup:

Sounds like a polish version of the three stooges, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

Joseph Shilen, Ken Kaszuba, and Gewargis Envia, thanks for your support, your books went out this morning :thumbsup:

Sounds like a polish version of the three stooges, no?

Thanks! 

Assyrian, not Polish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

In the late 80s, CCM put out retail 'semi-pro' jerseys that features pro cut stitching/tailoring, double-elbows, shoulders, and full sized crests, however, no fight straps, and the collar tags were different than on-ice jerseys, most of which featured a 's', 'm', 'l', 'xl' sizing.

That blackhawks is one of those semi-pro's, with a '91 and newer (flat button) fight strap put in, and poor replica sewn hem tags.

I’m aware of the 1980’s semi-pro CCM’s, but (sorry to disagree with you), I don’t think this Hawks jersey is one of them.  That crest never appeared until the 1990’s, the neck tag is the exact same one that started to appear on Hawks pro jerseys around 1993 (after the Maska Ultrafil tag was phased out), and there’s the small size tag next to it that was removed, which is also a 1990’s only feature.  I’d say it’s more likely the post-1991 fight strap already came with the jersey as opposed to being added on later.  I still think this is a 1990’s jersey with the hem tagging altered.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I’m aware of the 1980’s semi-pro CCM’s, but (sorry to disagree with you), I don’t think this Hawks jersey is one of them.  That crest never appeared until the 1990’s, the neck tag is the exact same one that started to appear on Hawks pro jerseys around 1993 (after the Maska Ultrafil tag was phased out), and there’s the small size tag next to it that was removed, which is also a 1990’s only feature.  I’d say it’s more likely the post-1991 fight strap already came with the jersey as opposed to being added on later.  I still think this is a 1990’s jersey with the hem tagging altered.

 

Sorry to disagree with me?! Why, I oughta!
:fight:

I figured the crest was added after the fact, but you're right on the size tag removed - good catch, didn't notice that. So early 90s prototype or one that made it out of the factory sans hem tagging? Seen that before too. Either way, definitely franken jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 1990’s black Kings ultrafil with no CCM logo or NHL shield on the hem.  I figured this Hawks jersey might possibly be a weird one like that, and the owner just added on a badly done 80’s-like CCM logo along with the Gunzo’s emblem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now