It is good or not?

lafountain

1 hour ago, shilenj said:

It looks good to me but the price seems about double what I've seen Columbus jerseys going for.
I get that it's hard to find a Koho in that size but I would sit on him until he budges on his price.
I doubt there is a high market for that specific jersey in that size but I haven't been following pricing on Columbus jerseys in smaller sizes.  

Patience can save you a lot of money in this hobby.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

It looks good to me but the price seems about double what I've seen Columbus jerseys going for.
I get that it's hard to find a Koho in that size but I would sit on him until he budges on his price.
I doubt there is a high market for that specific jersey in that size but I haven't been following pricing on Columbus jerseys in smaller sizes.  

This is pretty much what I was thinking, with my knowledge not being based on either CBJ jerseys or that size. I'd imagine the combination of Koho and 46 is hard to find so maybe there's a slight premium to be made, maybe $100-115?

Edited by mfitz804

11 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I definitely have the urge to jump at it but I’m going to be content and sit for a while. Thanks for the input and the reassurance on the value.  I agree with you.  I would expect to see him drop the price further soon enough so I’ll keep it on my watch list.

Thanks again for the feedback to the two of you that I didn’t quote.

While we’re on the topic, do you guys find any teams/sizes/brands much more hard-to-find or much more common than others?  Value is tough and circumstantial at most times but just curious to know what you have seen through your eBay experiences.

I apologize in advance if I’m getting kind of off-topic here so if I need to move it to another thread, let me know.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:58 AM, shilenj said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273686127158

How does this one look?  A bit pricey but I like the KOHOs so I might wait until it drops a bit if it checks out.  I already contacted the seller and he’s not budging much on the price but I doubt he’s going to get close to what he’s looking for unless there’s something I don’t know about CBJ jerseys of this era.

Shoot me a PM, I have a size 56 koho with the original stinger patches that I'm willing to sell.

• 4 weeks later...

Starter replica. Legit.

49 minutes ago, 613sens said:

The back of the jersey has S* in black and without any NHL logo beside it.....real or fake?

The NHL shield only appears next to the Starter logo on authentic jerseys, not on replicas.  Replicas very commonly have Conference logos next to the Starter logo, but not always.

2 hours ago, OR68 said:

Starter replica. Legit.

yes replica i figured.  Glad its legit.  THANKS.  Hey I'd like to buy some more Starter NHL jerseys.  Any recommendations?  I'm weary of eBay but I'd like pointers as to what to look out for in real vs fake Starter...

Starter jerseys for the most part were never faked other than Gretzky/Messier Rangers blue jerseys so you will be ok with those. 

1 hour ago, 613sens said:

gotcha, anywhere you recommended for buying Starter NHL jerseys?

Here. Post what you’re looking for. 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Here. Post what you’re looking for. 

wish list/looking for Starter replica XL (or authentic size equivalent) in these jerseys:

-Islanders wave jersey (non- Fisherman logo)  white or dark  Yashin or blank, also may be open to regular islanders  non-wave jersey

-Rangers liberty jersey blue or white  blank

-LA Kings Chevy-style logo black  blank

-Flyers orange or white Hextall or blank

-Avalanch  white Sakic or Roy

-Whalers white or green/blue blank

-Penguins triangular logo white or dark Lemieux or blank

-NorthStars jersey green or white blank

Prefer Starter as I like the material and they feel comfortable.  May be willing to get a different brand if they fit nicely as Starter's do...

Edited by 613sens

Just an FYI; you won’t find any Starter North Stars jerseys because they never made them (you can find Dallas Stars ones though).  Also, Starter did not make authentics for the Islanders or Flyers, so they will have to be Starter replicas or an authentic of a different brand.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Just an FYI; you won’t find any Starter North Stars jerseys because they never made them (you can find Dallas Stars ones though).  Also, Starter did not make authentics for the Islanders or Flyers, so they will have to be Starter replicas or an authentic of a different brand.

u really know ur stuff, thx.  I'm ok with replicas instead of authentics as I'm not looking to dish out 200 per jersey.  So besides, ebay...where else would I find Starter NHL jerseys for sale?

7 minutes ago, 613sens said:

u really know ur stuff, thx.  I'm ok with replicas instead of authentics as I'm not looking to dish out 200 per jersey.  So besides, ebay...where else would I find Starter NHL jerseys for sale?

The usual places for those types of jerseys will be:

LetGo

Craigslist

eBay

Kijiji

Reddit r/hockeyjerseys

Thrift Shops - Value Village/Salvation Army

3 hours ago, 613sens said:

Prefer Starter as I like the material and they feel comfortable.  May be willing to get a different brand if they fit nicely as Starter's do...

If you happen to get a Starter authentic of either the Rangers Liberty or the Avs, be aware that the material is completely different than that of the Starter replicas.  The Starter replica material is OK comfort-wise, but I hate how it’s so prone to snagging.  The authentic versions of the Rangers and Avs are made of nylon mesh, which IMO is one of the best jersey materials ever- well worth paying extra for.  Btw, Starter authentics don’t tend to cost all that much on eBay- you can routinely find them for around $100 or so.  I found a few Kings ones for as little as $35, although this was some years ago.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If you happen to get a Starter authentic of either the Rangers Liberty or the Avs, be aware that the material is completely different than that of the Starter replicas.  The Starter replica material is OK comfort-wise, but I hate how it’s so prone to snagging.  The authentic versions of the Rangers and Avs are made of nylon mesh, which IMO is one of the best jersey materials ever- well worth paying extra for.  Btw, Starter authentics don’t tend to cost all that much on eBay- you can routinely find them for around $100 or so.  I found a few Kings ones for as little as $35, although this was some years ago.

good to know, I;d love an authentic in this case if its not so expensive..

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Also, if I take a XL in Starter replica, what size should I go for in Starer Authentic?

My best estimate would be a size 52 to 54.  Starter authentics tended to vary a bit in size, so not all size 52's fit the same.  The Rangers ones tended to be pretty big, so maybe a 52 in the Starter Liberty would be what you need.

I picked this up for one of my salesmen who is a big Bruins fan.

He always wanted one of the older style B's jerseys and I've never seen one like it,

Just throwing it out there, is this just a prototype or did anybody ever wear something like this?
Don't think the NHL ever did, but does any minor league or special event come along that sparks any ideas on it's origins?  
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-Bruins-Jersey-Signed-by-Bobby-Orr-/153401613451?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=XT6zQ%2FmhEXJKmPVbKILpGPhe%2Bnc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc#viTabs_0

response when I asked if the seller was aware the jersey he was attempting to sell was a Chinese knockoff...

it’s not a knockoff. It was made in Canada by CCM. It’s an authentic jersey that was donated to a charity auction in 2009 that I bid on. It’s the jersey made available to fans before the Winter Classic and mirrors that jersey. It’s not the alternate jersey from later in that season which had modifications to the design. It has the black drawstring at the neck laces and the player names are in beige. Estimated value new with tags was $200-250.”

What do you guys think?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323735802739

11 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Look at that stitching on the NHL neck patch.  Yikes.

Pretty fake.

13 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

response when I asked if the seller was aware the jersey he was attempting to sell was a Chinese knockoff...

it’s not a knockoff. It was made in Canada by CCM. It’s an authentic jersey that was donated to a charity auction in 2009 that I bid on. It’s the jersey made available to fans before the Winter Classic and mirrors that jersey. It’s not the alternate jersey from later in that season which had modifications to the design. It has the black drawstring at the neck laces and the player names are in beige. Estimated value new with tags was $200-250.”

What do you guys think?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323735802739

Where I work, we have an annual fundraiser, and there is someone that donates jerseys every year, and they are so fake it drives me nuts.  I talked to the department that is in charge of the fundraiser and I explain to them that we can't take these items in because they are Chinese counterfeits and we are ripping people off.  Finally last year, they adjusted the price of the jersey value down to something like $30 per jersey instead of saying they were worth $200+. I guess that is better than doing nothing, but I really think they should not accept them from the donor at all.