It is good or not?

lafountain

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Where I work, we have an annual fundraiser, and there is someone that donates jerseys every year, and they are so fake it drives me nuts.  I talked to the department that is in charge of the fundraiser and I explain to them that we can't take these items in because they are Chinese counterfeits and we are ripping people off.  Finally last year, they adjusted the price of the jersey value down to something like $30 per jersey instead of saying they were worth $200+. I guess that is better than doing nothing, but I really think they should not accept them from the donor at all. 

Yeah, that's pretty absurd. Something like that I'd step in and volunteer to help

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Look at that stitching on the NHL neck patch.  Yikes.

Pretty fake.

Look at the terrible crest and the wrong font on the Kane. 

Plus the bottom hem is right shite. Not the worst fake, but obvious regardless.

No, it’s real you guys!

Send me a photo of what an authentic 2009 Winter Classic Blackhawks jersey look like because this one looks the same as what was in the Blackhawks Store in 2009. The NHL logo shows the stitches on the back, the material is correct, and the piping along the neck has the grey RBK in the pattern to verify it’s legit. The crest and numbers have popped off the jersey a little because it was hand washed.”

Authentic jerseys dont hold up well if the crest and numbers start to ‘pop off’ because it’s been friggin hand washed!! Lol!

That’s a standard Starter factory customized replica. Some of them had double tagging on the back hem for Gretzky’s. Not fake.

Hi all. First post. I picked up a 1994 Pavel Bure signed replica on eBay for $65. Comes with COA on the signature and confirmed with the COA authority that the signature is valid. They stated however, that they cannot authenticate the jersey itself. The jersey looks awesome, stitching is flawless inside and out, plus the tags are still there (manufacturer tag and Vintage Tag w/ serial number). Is this a real vintage jersey or a chinese knockoff that was autographed? $65 seems way too good of a deal, but you never know!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-Pavel-Bure-Vancouver-Canucks-Throwback-Jersey-CCM-SIZE-48-HIGH-QUALITY-/283416571951?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=f7o2GZJ4CxPzw%2BKk3Gk7IdGq88w%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Hey all, I’d like to know if the following two jerseys are legit.  This first one is a Sabres away, which appears to be a 2.0 but I’m not quite sure, as the buyer still lists it as an XL despite the 46 tag:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223461950887

Second one is a purchase I made a few weeks ago that I never got a chance to post so I’d just like to double-check its legitimacy with you all.  I don’t think there were any issues with it but just to be sure:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323720561061

I'd say both look good.👍

The first one is a 1.0.

4 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I'd say both look good.👍

Thank you for confirming!

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

The first one is a 1.0.

I was hesitant because I thought that was a possibility.  That’s disappointing.  Ah well, I can’t use it then.  It was probably one of those made in 2010-2011 that still was released as a 1.0 despite most teams already wearing 2s.

3 hours ago, shilenj said:

Thank you for confirming!

You're welcome, who do you think you'll put on that Stars Koho??

13 hours ago, JJM4 said:

You're welcome, who do you think you'll put on that Stars Koho??

I’m a big fan of doing the jersey players wear in their first season with a team, whether it’s their rookie year or the first year on a new team.  That taken into consideration, I was thinking about making it a Turco for his rookie season of 2000-2001.  Dallas’ current winningest goaltender and holder of many other franchise records so a pretty prominent player for the Stars in his playing days there.

1 hour ago, shilenj said:

I’m a big fan of doing the jersey players wear in their first season with a team, whether it’s their rookie year or the first year on a new team.  That taken into consideration, I was thinking about making it a Turco for his rookie season of 2000-2001.  Dallas’ current winningest goaltender and holder of many other franchise records so a pretty prominent player for the Stars in his playing days there.

That's a good way to do it, I like to do rookie jerseys when possible too.  Can't go wrong with Marty Turco on that jersey, great choice!

Found this in a local Goodwill for $100.  Did I just get the deal of the century?  Could this be a legit Gretzky gamer??

32573205557_b5a8bbf17f_o.jpg

32573205667_d47190bbe3_o.jpg

32573205597_d9e579d94d_o.jpg

32573205587_a6fb31c032_o.jpg

35 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Ah.  Didn't even occur to me, because I'm not 12 anymore.  :lol:

I knew it immediately, because my sense of humor is still 12.