• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

Keith Richards just died.

Keith Richards is immortal.

One of these might actually be true.

So...someone told me yesterday that "one of the Stones members is really sick" and the NA tour was cancelled, but couldn't remember which one. I wasn't able to check my phone to confirm and soon forgot. When I read your post I actually checked to make sure Keiths death wasn't real.

i have always believed he is immortal.

It’s Mick.  Nothing serious, and he’ll be fine, but I’m bummed my concert got postponed.

4 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Luckily, the Hawks are going all the way.

That’s not what she said. Except about Kane, who doesn’t take no for an answer. 

April Fools? That how that works?

2 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

It's a lower body injury. 

Aka An STD. That kind of lower body injury is prevalent amongst lead singers of rock bands. 

April Fools!

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s not what she said. Except about Kane, who doesn’t take no for an answer. 

April Fools? That how that works?

Allegedly. 

Didnt Brodeur specialize in April Fools back in 2003?

8 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Allegedly. 

Didnt Brodeur specialize in April Fools back in 2003?

Possible, he specialized in lots of stuff. But always with consent. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a legit replica.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m assuming this is one of the fake Gretzky’s that was done up around 1999, but would like some of you with some more experience to confirm for me.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Starter-99-Gretzky-Authentic-Rangers-blue-size-56/372616194236?hash=item56c1a7e8bc:g:514AAOSw7HhceiHB

Assuming that isn’t legit - Did Starter ever make a blue sweater with the lace up collar and double starter/nhl shield for retail sale?

There are legit ones out there. They are uncommon from what I have seen. The one you posted is fake I am almost certain.

3 hours ago, Zack845 said:

I’m assuming this is one of the fake Gretzky’s that was done up around 1999, but would like some of you with some more experience to confirm for me.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Starter-99-Gretzky-Authentic-Rangers-blue-size-56/372616194236?hash=item56c1a7e8bc:g:514AAOSw7HhceiHB

Assuming that isn’t legit - Did Starter ever make a blue sweater with the lace up collar and double starter/nhl shield for retail sale?

It's a fake, not the worst I've ever seen, but fake. I bought one years ago when ebay was flooded with them to play pick up games in. Never used it and thought about listing it but don't want the hassle of some buyer doing a return even with listing it as a knock off. $130 is almost double of what they were selling for back then.

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

Thanks Biscuit in the Basket and OR68. Can you help me identify what would be different about a legit one from these? I used to be able to tell based on the lettering (the bubble look vs. actual twill), but haven't focused much on Rangers jerseys in the past for my collecting.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a legit 1.0 but how did they get wear at the top of the chest?

Maybe a bearded gent?

On 4/23/2019 at 8:00 AM, Zack845 said:

Thanks Biscuit in the Basket and OR68. Can you help me identify what would be different about a legit one from these? I used to be able to tell based on the lettering (the bubble look vs. actual twill), but haven't focused much on Rangers jerseys in the past for my collecting.

Ive seen a few of these as well and the second I see embroidered letters instead of normal stitched I look the other way. Even if the jersey was real when they embroider it like that its probably something you don't want in your closet anyway. 

Classic zigzag stitch on the left. Embroidered paper mess on the right. 

47890599581_7f70151e90_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Looks like a legit 1.0 but how did they get wear at the top of the chest?

Maybe a bearded gent?

You mean the wear shown in picture 4? That looks like a stripped C to me. I don’t know why it’d be on a Plekanec jersey, though. 

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

You mean the wear shown in picture 4? That looks like a stripped C to me. I don’t know why it’d be on a Plekanec jersey, though. 

I think you are right, It looks like it could be a removed C

For the price it'd be worth trying to clean up with a fabric shaver or, I've had good success with small scissors

Being a 1.0 it's gonna fit long and slim

5 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I think you are right, It looks like it could be a removed C

For the price it'd be worth trying to clean up with a fabric shaver or, I've had good success with small scissors

Being a 1.0 it's gonna fit long and slim

I could have it done up as a Koivu and see how well the wear gets covered. 

40 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I could have it done up as a Koivu and see how well the wear gets covered. 

True, but if the removed "C" left that much of a mark I'd think the #'s and name would look even worse.

12 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

True, but if the removed "C" left that much of a mark I'd think the #'s and name would look even worse.

Well, I’ve submitted an offer. For how low of a price it’s at, it’s not a terrible loss if I get it and the jersey isn’t salvageable.

Worst case scenario, can’t I cut some nameplates out of the jersey?

I'm sure you could, I think people are always looking for edge name plate stuff .
I'm not the expert on what material though

Others can chime in

You can probably get $10 to $15 per nameplate. But that's assuming you can strip those numbers clean. Otherwise, you're only looking at like three plates (where current nameplate is, below numbers and the hem). You can probably also sell the fight strap.