It is good or not?

lafountain

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

You can probably get $10 to $15 per nameplate. But that's assuming you can strip those numbers clean. Otherwise, you're only looking at like three plates (where current nameplate is, below numbers and the hem). You can probably also sell the fight strap.

Good to know. This all assumes that the jersey itself isn't salvageable, of course. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebay is flooded with new CCM "Heroes of hockey" vintage jerseys. Based on this thread obvious fakes have fight straps and size tag with numbers.

Is this one below legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Los-Angeles-Kings-Wayne-Gretzky-Vintage-Throwback-White-Jersey-Clearance-200/123486854786

or is this a fake version of the one below that states it is a 550 (also fake perhaps but priced higher)?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WAYNE-GRETZKY-Los-Angeles-Kings-1993-CCM-Vintage-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey/302040741552

yet another one from EU

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wayne-Gretzky-Los-Angeles-Kings-NHL-Jersey-CCM-Vintage-Eishockey-Trikot/392263731169

Hard to tell fakes from genuine product ...

Edited by calicali

The first and third ones have the exact same picture even though the sellers are half a world apart, so the image is a stock one, and not necessarily of the actual item you will receive.  I can say that the jersey in the picture looks legit, even though the letters and back numbers look horrible. You’re taking a chance here if you buy without further clarification as to whether the item being sold is exactly like the one in the picture.

Regarding the second one, please read this about the seller:

Many of their jerseys are of suspect origin, and in many cases the customization is photoshopped in the pictures, so again you can’t really be sure that what you get is going to look like what you see in the pictures.

Thanks for the fast response.

Agree that the customization looks total crap. The likelihood is high that what will be sent after buying from such sellers is shady/fake.

Will look for 90s vintage replica instead w/o any lettering/numbers.

Sucks that there are so many fakes and ripoff jerseys being sold on places like ebay.

Most people will not have a clue what is going on.

Edited by calicali

8 hours ago, tomtucker said:

To be fair, Merkel is the worst (baddest) ever...... and that is coming from a native.  Ruhe in Frieden Deutschland :-(

No, she is not. And that is coming from another German.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where else to post but, this seemed to be the most relevant spot. 

I have searched far and wide for a 2003-2004 Rangers Vintage authentic blue jersey to complete my Rangers authentics collection. with no luck.

As an alternative I am considering  the Mitchell and Ness jerseys that replicate the style used in 70's. From my research, the biggest difference between M&N and the 2003-2004 versions are the crest. Trim thickness may be slightly off but, not significantly.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers18.html - 70's version

http://www.nhluniforms.com/2003-04/Rangers.html - 2003-2004 version

So basically wanted to get thoughts on a Frankenstein jersey using the M&N jersey, replacing the crest with the modern-style used on the 2003-2004 jerseys, and then customizing with someone from the 2003-2004 roster - Messier, Lindros, Jagr, Nedved, Kovalev, etc? It would be an "authentic copy" of a reproduction of the actual jersey that was the source of inspiration for the Vintage-jerseys set (i think). Too crazy or just crazy enough to work?

MLB, Not NHL related, but what do you guys think of this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Chicago-Cubs-1994-Throwback-TBC-Jersey-w-125th-Cubbie-Patch-48-COOL/392063333953?hash=item5b48cbb641:g:NdkAAOSweEFbH~AT

price is good, but only two images. I asked for photos of wash tag and close up of crest, anything else?

never dealt with the seller and I've never seen one of these in person.

thoughts?

The Cubs jersey looks good to me and the seller is good.  I've bought several jerseys from him over the years.  Alternatively, original 1994-96 Russell Athletic jerseys of this kind pop up on eBay from time to time.   So, you might be able to get a cheaper blank in the future. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

The Cubs jersey looks good to me and the seller is good.  I've bought several jerseys from him over the years.  Alternatively, original 1994-96 Russell Athletic jerseys of this kind pop up on eBay from time to time.   So, you might be able to get a cheaper blank in the future. Good luck!

Cool, thanks for the response.

if that were to happen, how does sizing change between Russell and Majestic? 

I love this throwback because it's the era I became a fan as a kid, but I could also customize it to a handful of current players and kinda kill two birds with one stone.

Yeah, I guess it boils down to who you want to put on the jersey, huh?

I find the sizing to be pretty consistent between the Russell and Majestic jerseys.  I wear a  size 48 for both Majestic and Russell for example (I wear a size 52 Reebok 2.0 hockey jersey though for comparison, so there's a bit of a difference for me between my baseball and hockey jersey sizes).  The Majestic "Cool Base" jerseys don't necessarily fit any tighter than the double knits, but they don't hide body type shortcomings as well as the double knits do.   Let's just say, the cool base jerseys are designed for professional athlete body types.

However, the TBTC jersey you are looking at and the original Russell jerseys are both the double knit type, so you won't have to worry about the cool base fabric in either case.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, can anyone explain the reason for two different collar tags on the '05-'07 6100's? I've owned jerseys with both and both look legit in material, weight, fight strap, Reebok vector patch, lower back NHL shield, etc. Was it a change from year to year? If one is fake, it's a very good one. Thanks.

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

Interesting. Every single Reebok 6100 I have has the latter. 

It’s not a separate year thing since I have one jersey that was only worn in 05-06 (the Mooterus) and one that was only worn in 06-07 (the Ducks’ 6100). 

Edited by TheKevinShow

Yeah, I bought a home Sabres years ago with the top tag and it was as good a quality as my Coyotes that has the latter tag. I never thought much of it til lately but it's got me curious. Unfortunately I don't have the Sabres anymore to show all the similarities.

I’m not sure about this, but I have a feeling the top tag with the NHL shield might have been used only towards the end of the 6100 run, towards the latter part of 2006-07.  The only way to confirm this though, would be to check the born-on tags on the jerseys.  By any chance, was the Buffalo jersey you had a Buffaslug?  And is the one in the picture you posted a Ducks?  If so, those were both jerseys that only started to appear in the 2006-07 season.  I  have seen the tag in the second picture (with the Center Ice logo) on some slug and Ducks 06/07 6100’s though.  (Maybe these were made earlier in the season?)

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I’m not sure about this, but I have a feeling the top tag with the NHL shield might have been used only towards the end of the 6100 run, towards the latter part of 2006-07.  The only way to confirm this though, would be to check the born-on tags on the jerseys.  By any chance, was the Buffalo jersey you had a Buffaslug?  And is the one in the picture you posted a Ducks?  If so, those were both jerseys that only started to appear in the 2006-07 season.  I  have seen the tag in the second picture (with the Center Ice logo) on some slug and Ducks 06/07 6100’s though.  (Maybe these were made earlier in the season?)

I was told the same, that they were '06-'07 models but never looked at the born on date to confirm that. Your theory about them being late releases sounds the most likely since my 'Yotes with the second pic tag had a born on of 6 11 '06.

The Sabres I had was the style that was used in the early-mid 90's but I never did look at its date. I do remember buying it in '07 though.

Yes, the latter tag is a Ducks and it is an '06-'07. The top one is a Caps capital building style that's listed as an '06-'07 season.

I've got one on the way with tags that has the shield only so I'll check the date and let you know what it says.

1 hour ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

The Sabres I had was the style that was used in the early-mid 90's but I never did look at its date. I do remember buying it in '07 though.

Yes, the latter tag is a Ducks and it is an '06-'07. The top one is a Caps capital building style that's listed as an '06-'07 season.

OK, well if the Buffalo jersey was the old style third, then it appeared only in 2006/07, so I guess it still could be consistent with my theory.  I have a Montreal Vintage 6100 from 2008/09 that has the NHL shield neck tag.

A little confused about the pictures- the top one looks like the Ducks, but isn’t the bottom one a Mooterus?

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

A little confused about the pictures- the top one looks like the Ducks, but isn’t the bottom one a Mooterus?

Yes, you're correct on both.

Oops, my screw up. Mixed up the pics but the story is correct as far as the Ducks and Caps tags. This rook needs to proof his work better.

Anyone who owns 2 beautiful authentic 80’s Kings jerseys is not a rook!  😊

I believe the 6100 collar tag mystery has been solved LAK74 and TheKevinShow. I got my 'Hawks and it has a born on of 2 13 07 so looks like your theory of later date production checked out LAK74.

Saw this pop up on eBay but it was purchased pretty quickly, I understand Koho jerseys aren’t faked too often but something was throwing me about this one so I hesitated on it. 

Maybe it it was just the 1’s on the shoulders being pretty far apart that threw me? Collar said it was Koho authentic made in Canada. 

Just curious about it for future reference

EEC4683D-A910-4E93-8A75-3C9BB342F1D9.jpeg

141D4B16-6A7D-43F9-AC12-B0B0BD94C161.jpeg

Koho’s are good. The 1 placement looks a little off but the jerseys legit. 

The customization on this jersey is terrible, but that really has nothing to do with whether the jersey is legit or not.  It’s a legit authentic, but whoever got it lettered didn’t seem to care or know much about font accuracy, and got a crappy lettering job on it.