It is good or not?

lafountain

Original or Repro?  Any help would be appreciated... I'm leaning toward repro.

48524609932_498f322150_k.jpg

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, that's what I thought. I think I have enough jerseys with original SC100 patches on them that I shoulda/coulda figured that out.  Just thought it was a different looking repro than I've seen in the past so I thought I'd ask.  Thanks

Any idea what this could be worth?

I can likely get better pics tomorrow.

Basically, I might be selling it for a friend. Be acquiring it myself. We're sort of doing a deal. 

67949342_2184872384954626_7252305948654436352_n.jpg

68276448_1840119316133516_1854166480086630400_n.jpg

68604063_856709954729996_8811842997994913792_n.jpg

68794231_406460353409729_3409682563864723456_n.jpg

68870436_2317613381693330_4257451495403814912_n.jpg

Crosby never wore CCM so technically it's a jersey foul if you care about having a Crosby jersey to specs.

2003-04 would have been the last year for CCM

2005-06 was Reebok at the time of Sid's debut

nhluniforms.com

If you're not concerned about whether he wore CCM or Reebok and you just want an authentic jersey I'm not sure what a fair price is.  Maybe 125 US.

• 3 weeks later...

So I picked up a few of these at a decent price and was pretty pumped to do so. 

Then about a week ago I was talking with another collector here on the boards, he pointed out that these jerseys have the word mark and the Hawks stopped using this style jersey the year before they switched from the vector to the word mark. 

Kinda burst my bubble, wondering if they would've worn the word mark ones or if these were produced for the following season and they decided to stop using them. 

Does anyone have info as to why these exist with the word mark? 

Thanks  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-Alternate-Edge-2-0-Jersey-Size-54/283550526109?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Does anyone know what kind of job Elite Sportswear will do on a Bruins 2.0 white?

My friend and I sent in some jerseys for cresting. I've just been informed by Elite Sportswear that they cannot do 100% NHL standard customization on Bruins jerseys. They say it will come close though.

Would you advise us to proceed? Or is there some place better to go to?

49 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Does anyone know what kind of job Elite Sportswear will do on a Bruins 2.0 white?

My friend and I sent in some jerseys for cresting. I've just been informed by Elite Sportswear that they cannot do 100% NHL standard customization on Bruins jerseys. They say it will come close though.

Would you advise us to proceed? Or is there some place better to go to?

I think the problem customizers have with doing Bruins jerseys is anything 1996 and later seems to be sublimated twill or felt kits.  So you'll get layered twill instead of one layer dyed to look like 2 or 3 layers.  So depends how picky you are about that.  Keener couldn't do a 2010 Winter Classic exact to spec either. It called for sublimated felt but he had to layer since the colours didn't appear as vibrant as the actual gamer kits when he did it.  I was ok with it, but you may not be.  The only real option to get it exactly right is to send it to Custom Crafted and they tend to get their share of complaints and there sewing and workmanship can be subpar at times too.  You're probably in good hands with Elite, if you're ok with close enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to bother you all but I need some help with a jersey. I found this on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Lemieux-Hockey-Jersey/352812059441 I've never seen a Starter with numeric sizing (in this case 52-R), and I've seen three other versions of this same Pens jersey (Starter with S logo instead of word spelled out, Koho and CCM). Is this a potentially good deal or a fake? Thank you very much!

22 minutes ago, MJT79 said:

Hi, sorry to bother you all but I need some help with a jersey. I found this on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Lemieux-Hockey-Jersey/352812059441 I've never seen a Starter with numeric sizing (in this case 52-R), and I've seen three other versions of this same Pens jersey (Starter with S logo instead of word spelled out, Koho and CCM). Is this a potentially good deal or a fake? Thank you very much!

Authentics always have numerical sizing. There were two versions of Starter jerseys; one with it spelled out and another with the S-star logo. Believe 98-99 used the spelled out Starter script and some (maybe 2nd half of season?) in 97-98. This is a legit authentic jersey

Edited by mdwsta4

5 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Authentics always have numerical sizing. There were two versions of Starter jerseys; one with it spelled out and another with the S-star logo. Believe 97-99 used the spelled out Starter script. This is a legit authentic jersey

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

2 hours ago, MJT79 said:

Hi, sorry to bother you all but I need some help with a jersey. I found this on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Lemieux-Hockey-Jersey/352812059441

Welcome to this group, and no, you’re not bothering anyone!  😊

If you were looking at a replica version of this Starter model jersey, it would have a hem logo with the S/star, with a small STARTER wordmark logo underneath it, plus an Eastern Conference logo next to that.

Authentic versions of this black jersey had 2 different hem logos, depending on when they were used.  For 1996/97, the Starter logo was the S/star with wordmark underneath it, just like the replica one.  Like mdwsta4 said, in the last half of 1997/98, and also in 1998/99, the logo was the full wordmark one like the one in the auction you linked.  If you want to get real particular about details (like many of us here are), Lemieux never wore the version in the auction, because he retired (for the first time) right after the 1996/97 season.  Of course, whether that’s significant enough to bother you is up to you to decide.

The price is still quite low, since the auction just started recently, but who knows what price the auction will end at, or whether it will be a good deal.  Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

I have a friend looking for a team-issued Canucks 2.0 Henrik Sedin (Home). Size 56. A jersey that can be stripped is acceptable. Any ideas?

Thx.

henrik-sedin.jpg

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Did the Kings ever wear a big block without any NHL shield?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113912308666

Yes, 1989/90 Set 1.

1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

I have a friend looking for a team-issued Canucks 2.0 Henrik Sedin (Home). Size 56. A jersey that can be stripped is acceptable. Any ideas?

Thx.

henrik-sedin.jpg

JB should have some.

That set without the NHL shield was worn at the time that Gretzky broke Howe’s all-time points scoring record.

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

JB should have some.

I looked on eBay and it looked like JB only had size 60. 

11 hours ago, LAK74 said:

That set without the NHL shield was worn at the time that Gretzky broke Howe’s all-time points scoring record.

But the game in question was on the road. Ugh...

Edited by TheKevinShow

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I looked on eBay and it looked like JB only had size 60. 

Exactly.

Hmmm. Thanks guys. But any more options?