It is good or not?

lafountain

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are you concerned that they didn't wear whites without the shield?

That’s what I was wondering, haha.  I was just referring to the general time period, since the original question simply asked if the Kings wore that logo without the shield.  And yes, they did wear white ones too!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are you concerned that they didn't wear whites without the shield?

Yes. I want to be sure that I'm looking at something normal and not something that had the NHL shield removed for some reason.

How does a CCM-style Reebok 6100 jersey, 58G comapre to a regular 58?

And still looking for the Canucks 2.0 Sedin jersey ;-)

9 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

How does a CCM-style Reebok 6100 jersey, 58G comapre to a regular 58?

And still looking for the Canucks 2.0 Sedin jersey 😉

Much wider sleeves and a shorter torso. I don’t have exact measurements but that’s the sum of it. 

On 10/3/2019 at 6:28 PM, LAK74 said:

Welcome to this group, and no, you’re not bothering anyone!  😊

If you were looking at a replica version of this Starter model jersey, it would have a hem logo with the S/star, with a small STARTER wordmark logo underneath it, plus an Eastern Conference logo next to that.

Authentic versions of this black jersey had 2 different hem logos, depending on when they were used.  For 1996/97, the Starter logo was the S/star with wordmark underneath it, just like the replica one.  Like mdwsta4 said, in the last half of 1997/98, and also in 1998/99, the logo was the full wordmark one like the one in the auction you linked.  If you want to get real particular about details (like many of us here are), Lemieux never wore the version in the auction, because he retired (for the first time) right after the 1996/97 season.  Of course, whether that’s significant enough to bother you is up to you to decide.

The price is still quite low, since the auction just started recently, but who knows what price the auction will end at, or whether it will be a good deal.  Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Thanks very much for the info! That actually does kind of bother me that Lemieux never wore this jersey! haha Looks like I found the right group of people here! Go Kings Go!

To be clear, he did wear this style jersey, the only difference being that the Starter hem logo was not the same one that’s on the jersey being auctioned.

Is it alright if I ask how much all of this could be worth? A friend of a family friend is in need of cash and wants me to sell this stuff for him.

I take it that it's not worth much, eh? Except MAYBE the McDavid card? In any event, what would be a fair price to sell these individually for on eBay? Thx.

And yes, unfortunately the jerseys are just replicas, but new with tags, I believe. Hallsy is autographed, Yak-attack is not.

IMG-0405.jpg
IMG-0406.jpg
IMG-0407.jpg
IMG-0408.jpg
IMG-0409.jpg

a friend of mine asked me if this probert jersey is a replica or if its authentic. i was thinking that it is an authentic jersey from the 80'. however when i compared it to an 86-87 one that i own, there were some differences that made question my thinking. so i had to post it here get the opinions of those far more knowledgeable than i 😁

4 hours ago, FluffyBunnyFeet said:

a friend of mine asked me if this probert jersey is a replica or if its authentic. i was thinking that it is an authentic jersey from the 80'. however when i compared it to an 86-87 one that i own, there were some differences that made question my thinking. so i had to post it here get the opinions of those far more knowledgeable than i 😁

That's an authentic model.  Small block CCM.  You can tell because it has the fight strap and double material on the elbow area.  It also has gussets in the armpit area (a little extra diamond-shaped swatch of material). 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:41 AM, jsh139 said:

That's an authentic model.  Small block CCM.  You can tell because it has the fight strap and double material on the elbow area.  It also has gussets in the armpit area (a little extra diamond-shaped swatch of material). 

thanks for the reply. the white ccm logo through me off. i have seen the red/blue ccm logo but i don't think i have ever seen the white one. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:01 AM, FluffyBunnyFeet said:

thanks for the reply. the white ccm logo through me off. i have seen the red/blue ccm logo but i don't think i have ever seen the white one. 

http://thejerseybook.com/1983-1993/

2v2EjbST8xZ1VfS.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? Legit? Fake? Somewhere in between??

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202804332550

It looks very close to this gamer with the exception of the inside tagging at the back of the neck area.....

https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1988_89_Jim_Sandlak_Canucks_Game_Worn_Jersey_BABE-2640-81.html

Edited by KB67

Totally fake.  The body should be one piece dyed ultrafil, not multiple pieces stitched together.  Bad tags, fight strap, among other things.

7 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Totally fake.  The body should be one piece dyed ultrafil, not multiple pieces stitched together.  Bad tags, fight strap, among other things.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated.

14 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

As someone corrected me years ago, the different colors of Ultrafil are knit together with different color thread, not dyed. But the layers should not be stitched together like that. 

That said, the collar and the tagging are absolutely horrendous. The fight strap is sewn on crooked. And maybe someone else knows better, but I think the CCM hem logo should be embroidered and not a patch. That I could be wrong about as I’m no expert on Canucks, or anything else really. 

But I’ll second that it’s a fake, and not an especially convincing one. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As someone corrected me years ago, the different colors of Ultrafil are knit together with different color thread, not dyed. But the layers should not be stitched together like that. 

That said, the collar and the tagging are absolutely horrendous. The fight strap is sewn on crooked. And maybe someone else knows better, but I think the CCM hem logo should be embroidered and not a patch. That I could be wrong about as I’m no expert on Canucks, or anything else really. 

But I’ll second that it’s a fake, and not an especially convincing one. 

Yeah, I didn’t want to think it was, because I’ve been after one like that for the longest time, but glad I checked in here to confirm my suspicion.

Thanks guys!!

16 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Yeah, I didn’t want to think it was, because I’ve been after one like that for the longest time, but glad I checked in here to confirm my suspicion.

Thanks guys!!

Hate when that happens! You did the right thing, asking here is always best in the face of any doubt. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

As someone corrected me years ago, the different colors of Ultrafil are knit together with different color thread, not dyed.

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words on my part, but yes, I did not mean that the colors were applied onto the existing fabric, like in sublimation.  The individual colored threads are woven together into the same piece of fabric.

9 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words on my part, but yes, I did not mean that the colors were applied onto the existing fabric, like in sublimation.  The individual colored threads are woven together into the same piece of fabric.

You were still right about the authenticity (rather the lack thereof) of the jersey. 

That's a throwback jersey made in the 2000's, well after the North Stars moved to Dallas.  It's an authentic quality 6100-style jersey, but as far as I know I don't think Dallas ever used those in games.

It may be as close as you will get to the real deal.
Seems over priced for one that was replicated but only a few minor differences from the real deal.

Neck tagging, CCM on hem are about the only differences I see.

If you are looking for one to wear around I'd say it's good, if you are looking for one from 1990-91 this is not it.

Also, the sleeves are a lot wider on the throwback, and the fight strap would be the flat-buttoned one instead of the rounded one.

Thanks LAK74 and Hockey Bob for the great info!  Although it would be great to have a Northstars crested jersey, the price is way too steep.  Especially for a non-game style.  I appreciate the help and the money saved!