It is good or not?

lafountain

Oops! Here's the Oilers link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180488410089&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep looking for a good Kings jersey.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it funny in the LA Kings's youth jersey's description, that they used the sentence "The Latex Number on the back represents the 99 of Gretzky but the name in place is that of the original ownwer of this specimen: "A TURCOTTE"."

LOL :lol:

It's kind of odd how the seller has a far away image of the back of that jersey. Personally, I am a little sketch about the customization and the low starting price.... The wood floor in the background is also kind of shady. I would go with my gut here and say it's a fake. I could be wrong though.

A second opinion would be useful.

Can't comment on the quality of the customization though.

Hard to tell on the customization for this Beaupre too, as the pic is zoomed really far out and somewhat blurry to the point that it's almost a deterrent. Maybe that's why this one is still so low compared to what others have gone for. Also the seller isn't familiar to me- anyone seen them before? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200460505569

Hard to tell on the customization for this Beaupre too, as the pic is zoomed really far out and somewhat blurry to the point that it's almost a deterrent. Maybe that's why this one is still so low compared to what others have gone for. Also the seller isn't familiar to me- anyone seen them before? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200460505569

I would ask for the seller for some zoomed in shots. If the jersey is legit, then I am pretty sure the seller wouldn't mind taking a few extra pictures.

sloppy pictures but is it real?

1769261_20.jpg

31763n1_20.jpg

6583fd8_20.jpg

98687k2_20.jpg

talk about out of focus.

the pictures are so bad they are trying to hide the flaws

just wondering if i should go for it or not. might be a good jersey with bad pictures! :)

That Sid jersey is FAKE to the bone. You're right, the pictures are crappy, and that's a big tip off there. Also, the size tag says "Reebok" and authentic home and away EDGES DO NOT have that. The patches are way too close to the front crest and look at the bottom cut of the jersey. Looks like a 6100 cut, NOT and EDGE circular cut. There are a few other obvious flaws, but I hope this helps you out. :thumbsup:

Don't know the seller, but the jersey seems legit. Can't comment on the customization

fake Del Zotto

Thanks. Something looked off, and then I thought who would fake a Del Zotto?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=190385997678&Category=2868&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

I mentioned this Team Canada martin st louis jersey in the other thread about how he absent from the 02 gold medal team all together.

well the seller sent me a few more decent shots of the jersey. :thumbsup:

stlouis-montage.jpg

ya think its Legit?? the numbers on the inside look like hell.

almost worth striping down and back into a Lemieux. Only need a name plate a "C" and 3 6's! :doh:

ya think its Legit?? the numbers on the inside look like hell.

I don't know enough about that style to make a call on legit or not, but I can say that the numbers look that way because they were done on an embroidery machine (as opposed to hand sewn like many customizers). All the fakes I've seen have been done using embroidery machines since they mass producing the crap, however I have also seen (and even own) some legitimate authentic jerseys customized on embroidery machines.

Jersey looks legit based on the fight strap but I'm not sure when Canada used that style. I've stripped a few jerseys that had the letters embroidered on and they are a pain in the arse to remove because of how they are stitched on but I've noticed that the letters come off more like a sticker when embroidered leaving little to no trace behind unlike the regular twill letters that are heat pressed on and are more likely to leave glue residue and color behind.

I agree with TMLFAN - jerseys done on an embroidery machine have more stitches normally and take longer to strip, but the numbers seem to fall off when all the stitching is removed.

Also, I forgot to mention in my original reply that the white stuff you're seeing is the paper backing from when it's done on an embroidery machine.

Looks like a legit 550 replica.

I think its a legit replica.

1. They normally don't sell fake blanks

2. They normally don't fake replicas (usually have fight straps and numeric sizing etc.)

3. Seller seems to be a legit seller of closeout jerserys

I think I may have even picked up a 550 replica from the seller previously.