It is good or not?

lafountain

anyone dealt with this guy before? picture is vague so it's probably fake

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item483a41b376

Not sure if you are still looking for a WC Jersey, but I went and looked at these and they are the real authentics. All they have are 54's left but $100 is a great deal.

http://shop.starstru...nterClassic.htm

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow thats a killer deal, I'd get one but it would be a tent on me.

Wow, some big names on there. He doesn't mention a LOA/COA. I would wonder about it.

It's doubtful he has a LOA/COA - more than likely the person go the autographs in person. So there's a risk they aren't legit, but also it will keep the price low. If so inclined you can always get the auto's authenticated later.

I picked up my 1998 USA Olympic jersey autographed by the team this way. Got it for like $100 because it didn't have a LOA/COA. I then did quite a bit of research and am now 99% certain all of the autos are legit. Eventually I plan on sending it out to be authenticated, but it'll probably cost me 4-5 times the cost of the jersey to do so.

It's doubtful he has a LOA/COA - more than likely the person go the autographs in person. So there's a risk they aren't legit, but also it will keep the price low. If so inclined you can always get the auto's authenticated later.

I picked up my 1998 USA Olympic jersey autographed by the team this way. Got it for like $100 because it didn't have a LOA/COA. I then did quite a bit of research and am now 99% certain all of the autos are legit. Eventually I plan on sending it out to be authenticated, but it'll probably cost me 4-5 times the cost of the jersey to do so.

Its unlikely he got every signature in person on that jersey. The time and money to do so would make selling the jersey for any less then say $500 bucks would be a waste of time and money.

IMO this is a total fake! Looks far to good of a deal to be true.

I would press the issue with him on how he got the auto's and why the hell he's selling it for next to nothing.

The Gretzky alone is worth at least $100 bucks.

ON THE OTHER HAND - if you see the auction for ending for very little money and you think you can afford to take the risk, buy it. Whats $100 bucks right?

A Gretzky auto isn't worth $100 without a COA/LOA ... that's the point.

It's not absurd to think the jersey was autographed by the team all at once. I'm sure many such jerseys came from the Olympics. Often they are donated for charity auctions etc.

In my opinion, if someone were to take the time to fake that, they'd probably go ahead and fake the LOA as well and try to get some real cash out of it.

A Gretzky auto isn't worth $100 without a COA/LOA ... that's the point.

It's not absurd to think the jersey was autographed by the team all at once. I'm sure many such jerseys came from the Olympics. Often they are donated for charity auctions etc.

In my opinion, if someone were to take the time to fake that, they'd probably go ahead and fake the LOA as well and try to get some real cash out of it.

Pretty much my thinking. Too bad it jumped above 50 or I would have nabbed it.

Pretty much my thinking. Too bad it jumped above 50 or I would have nabbed it.

it boggles the mind how cheap it is! :)

it boggles the mind how cheap it is! :)

There are two schools of thought on the price. One, start it cheap so it promotes early bidding, and slowly raise the price to the value that some people think it should be.

I bought a team signed jersey on line last year for only $30.00. The previous owner said he won it at an auction, and did not have a LOA/COA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Scott-Niedermayer-NHL-Jersey-sz-46-/220595132311?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item335c7e9797

it looks good where the fight strap is sewn on, and I haven't seen many fake 46's. but the crest looks really small and the price is way too cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Scott-Niedermayer-NHL-Jersey-sz-46-/220595132311?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item335c7e9797

it looks good where the fight strap is sewn on, and I haven't seen many fake 46's. but the crest looks really small and the price is way too cheap.

That crest does not look right at all. I wouldn't touch it.

I do know that after the first season with the Edge style, Anaheim increased the size of the crest. It was originally small (though I don't know if it was that small).

2007-08

Ducks02.png

2008-09

Ducks03.png

Any major issues with the following - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270568604980 ? How does customization look? Maybe it's just the lighting in the pics or a problem with my screen, but it looks like maybe the namebar is a slightly different white than the jersey? From what I've seen of actual jerseys, the namebar is usually supposed to be the same color as the jersey with rare exceptions (and this of course isn't a Flyers jersey). If it isn't just lighting, that's a bad job to me and a deal-breaker. As for the number placement, I've never been entirely sure about the exact proper number placement on this model, so I'm not sure if the 7 on the back in 37 is in the right place- it seems too far over toward the stripe based on where the lower left corner of the 7 is. Also, I know, it's signed and doesn't seem to have a COA so even if I'd theoretically want to try to remove the signature, there's no way to know for sure if it's even actually Olie's signature for sure that I'd be removing if I were successful. Any thoughts on the patch quality/authenticity? I found http://capsjerseys.com/patches_98cup.html as comparison, but that one's on the blue jersey, so if there were any differences between the patches placed on the white jerseys vs. the blue jerseys, that might not be the best comparison. Price is also somewhat surprising given what his auctions usually run.

Any major issues with the following - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270568604980 ? How does customization look? Maybe it's just the lighting in the pics or a problem with my screen, but it looks like maybe the namebar is a slightly different white than the jersey? From what I've seen of actual jerseys, the namebar is usually supposed to be the same color as the jersey with rare exceptions (and this of course isn't a Flyers jersey). If it isn't just lighting, that's a bad job to me and a deal-breaker. As for the number placement, I've never been entirely sure about the exact proper number placement on this model, so I'm not sure if the 7 on the back in 37 is in the right place- it seems too far over toward the stripe based on where the lower left corner of the 7 is. Also, I know, it's signed and doesn't seem to have a COA so even if I'd theoretically want to try to remove the signature, there's no way to know for sure if it's even actually Olie's signature for sure that I'd be removing if I were successful. Any thoughts on the patch quality/authenticity? I found http://capsjerseys.com/patches_98cup.html as comparison, but that one's on the blue jersey, so if there were any differences between the patches placed on the white jerseys vs. the blue jerseys, that might not be the best comparison. Price is also somewhat surprising given what his auctions usually run.

The nameplate is twill which is why it looks different. It should be air-knit.

yah its about the name :P

but imagine the price of that gamer though eh? Its like a hockeycard mis-print except much much more fun

LOL, I totally missed the spelling mistake.

Its in the HOF. No one is getting their hands on that puppy

It's been hovering on my wantlist to recreate that one. Don't know if I'll ever get around to it, but perhaps one day a bargain blank jersey will need a home.