It is good or not?

lafountain

Yup, I'm not buying replicas anymore. My next hockey jersey is going to be an authentic, since I have an authentic Saints jersey and a half dozen authentic Yankees jerseys. Gotta get my first authentic hockey jersey one of these days.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I'm not buying replicas anymore. My next hockey jersey is going to be an authentic, since I have an authentic Saints jersey and a half dozen authentic Yankees jerseys. Gotta get my first authentic hockey jersey one of these days.

Seriously you don't have an authentic yet? What size are you? I'll keep an eye out, should be able to find a deal on a Rangers pre-Edge at least.

From what I can see there are a few problems the biggest for me is the wrong logo on the right shoulder so I'm thinking its a fake. Having said that I really know nothing about the specifics of the jersey. Just seems like such a random jersey to fake. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Yzerman-World-Hockey-Jersey-Igor-Larinov-Farewell-Game-2004-size-52-EFSI-/120880505839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c250a23ef

Reference

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=17&lotid=160

Just by looking at this as I was VERY interested myself since I'm an YZERMAN FREAK and having the replica of the jersey I think that was bunk. The Logo thing and the strings are issues. They match my replica totally though. I talked to the guy via email quite a bit and he would never supply me with additional pics especially of the hem just gave me some great stories of how his brother would hang out with Fedorov and flew over with him for the game. Asked him about any photos of that and he said his brother passed away....Sorry...not buying it...or the jersey...saw it went for almost 300.... :wacko: 100 for that jersey as a replica i guess is fair since they are so rare,but someone just got ripped.

Seriously you don't have an authentic yet? What size are you? I'll keep an eye out, should be able to find a deal on a Rangers pre-Edge at least.

48. I wish I could have gotten in on the SVP sale and picked up a Liberty 6100, but between gas, school expenses, the concert tickets I just bought and not knowing if I can work this summer (tore my calf), I'm not gonna be buying anything for a while. Hopefully I get good news from the doc on Monday and I can actually umpire baseball this year and pick something up in time for next season.

From what I can see there are a few problems the biggest for me is the wrong logo on the right shoulder so I'm thinking its a fake. Having said that I really know nothing about the specifics of the jersey. Just seems like such a random jersey to fake. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Yzerman-World-Hockey-Jersey-Igor-Larinov-Farewell-Game-2004-size-52-EFSI-/120880505839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c250a23ef

Reference

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=17&lotid=160

I don't think its a "fake" as what is frowned upon on these boards...It certainly isn't an actual gamer or issued jersey. It looks like a jersey that was put together by someone who wanted one bad enough to do a really good job in replicating it. It certainly isn't a mass produced Chinese knockoff in my mind and if I were looking for this jersey I would have been interested enough to place a few bids on it.

Yea that sounds about right jerseymikea, I considered bidding on it but I know it would have bothered me knowing it wasn't legit so I just figured I'd hope to find something like this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-SIGNED-SERGEI-BRYLIN-Jersey-Size-52-/180678562961?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a11481491

Did the Flyers use different nameplate material?

I have seen a LOT of Flyers jerseys for sale that have different (shiny material) non Air-Knit for the nameplate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Vtg-CCM-Mark-Recchi-Philadelphia-Flyers-Fight-Strap-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-/120884072747?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c2540912b#ht_5934wt_1185

Is this the way the Flyers did it or just everybody selling from the same customizer?

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for some time and while I have gleaned a lot of knowledge from you folks on how to to spot fake Edges I'm still not very confident with vintage CCM stuff. Can somebody help me out with this Bure? The seller has good feedback and sells lots of game used gear but the neck tags are missing and the inner hem stitching is maybe a little suspect. The customization looks good and doesn't have an "A" like a lot of supposed 94 Bures do. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140729706553?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1202

It's fake. The jersey material doesn't appear to have the correct texture of ultrafil, the fight strap and attachment are suspect, the collar is too big, and the biggest giveaway is that the stripes on the sleeves and hem are individual pieces that are stitched together. An ultrafil has the colors dyed into the fabric and it should all be one piece, so there is no need for stitches between the colors.

Speaking of Bure, these two look like legitimate CCM replicas under the 'NHL Vintage' line. I see two sellers with these and they each look pretty good, customization wise. Any thoughts? Or ideas where to get this jersey outside of ebay?

jerseypros auction

rocky-mountain-sports-inc auction

both are reissues.

if they have fight straps they are fake.

The one thing to remember with the Vintage Replicas is that if there is;

A. No Fight Strap

B. The Size Tag says, XL, L, M, etc

C. The CCM Tag is all gray, not with a blue strip on top and bottom

it is more than likely going to be a legit replica. The issue comes in when it has the all gray tag like the replica does, but has a size 54 like authentic. Then you're looking at a fakey fake.

Never mind my dye sublimation theory, I realized after I typed that that the stripes are simply machine woven into the textile as one piece. Thanks again guys, the wealth of knowledge and willingness to help others out around here is really outstanding. Cheers.

Speaking of Bure, these two look like legitimate CCM replicas under the 'NHL Vintage' line. I see two sellers with these and they each look pretty good, customization wise. Any thoughts? Or ideas where to get this jersey outside of ebay?

River City Sports has blank ones for $79.99.

thanks for the info. I don't really mind replicas (especially pre-RBK ones) so I may try and get one of these soon.

It's fake. The jersey material doesn't appear to have the correct texture of ultrafil, the fight strap and attachment are suspect, the collar is too big, and the biggest giveaway is that the stripes on the sleeves and hem are individual pieces that are stitched together. An ultrafil has the colors dyed into the fabric and it should all be one piece, so there is no need for stitches between the colors.

When he first listed the jersey he had pictures of the inside tags, I guess he took them down because someone probably said something to him.

Bad fake.

Bad fake.

Its honestly one of the better Canucks fakes i've seen, not that that says much.

As Charles Barkley would say it, that's turrible. It's a turrible, turrible fake