It is good or not?

lafountain

As you can see I'm hard up for a legit 90's Canuck jersey to customize as a Linden. I'm not sure what was wrong with the previous customization, other than Bure's name being sewn directly to the jersey, is this the one to blow my wad on??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270942191307?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_885wt_952

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny; it's the same jersey posted by one of our members here just a few days ago. It's good.

As you can see I'm hard up for a legit 90's Canuck jersey to customize as a Linden. I'm not sure what was wrong with the previous customization, other than Bure's name being sewn directly to the jersey, is this the one to blow my wad on??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270942191307?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_885wt_952

That's my jersey :) but besides the no nameplate it was customized with incorrect font and the twill colors were incorrect as well. I was also planing on customizing it with Linden but I originaly promised myself I will only be collecting Kings jerseys and Red Wings but now Red Wings are out and All-Star jerseys are s in. I have a bad habit of buying jerseys that I don't need, for me if it looks good I'll buy. So now I have to brake that habit. So back to the Canucks jersey, it's a great jersey and the numbers came off good once you customize it it's should look awesome. It's a 1993 and the reason I say that is because the inside tag say Ultrafil.

That's my jersey :) but besides the no nameplate it was customized with incorrect font and the twill colors were incorrect as well. I was also planing on customizing it with Linden but I originaly promised myself I will only be collecting Kings jerseys and Red Wings but now Red Wings are out and All-Star jerseys are s in. I have a bad habit of buying jerseys that I don't need, for me if it looks good I'll buy. So now I have to brake that habit. So back to the Canucks jersey, it's a great jersey and the numbers came off good once you customize it it's should look awesome. It's a 1993 and the reason I say that is because the inside tag say Ultrafil.

If you haven't already tried - an Iron with a lot of steam will erase any sign of the #'s you pulled off - you might interest a few buyers that are weary of the outline left over.

I learned that tip from this board and it works like a charm!

If you haven't already tried - an Iron with a lot of steam will erase any sign of the #'s you pulled off - you might interest a few buyers that are weary of the outline left over.

I learned that tip from this board and it works like a charm!

I will try that and also what kind of meterial did you use?

I will try that and also what kind of meterial did you use?

Honestly when i did it to my TBTC Hawks Barber Pole jersey I just put the iron directly on the jersey but kept it moving, my Iron has a button to push for steam so I just kept nailin that sucker and the stram poured out.

I know this is not advised but it worked, when I came back and re-read the post I saw that you should put a t-shirt between, Still have not tried the t-shirt thing - I think that is only necessary if there is any glue residue left on the jersey, in that case I understand you wouldn't want to heat the glue up and smear it around on the jersey.

Give it a try and you will be suprised how good it works! :thumbsup:

Honestly when i did it to my TBTC Hawks Barber Pole jersey I just put the iron directly on the jersey but kept it moving, my Iron has a button to push for steam so I just kept nailin that sucker and the stram poured out.

I know this is not advised but it worked, when I came back and re-read the post I saw that you should put a t-shirt between, Still have not tried the t-shirt thing - I think that is only necessary if there is any glue residue left on the jersey, in that case I understand you wouldn't want to heat the glue up and smear it around on the jersey.

Sounds good I'll give it a go.

Sounds good I'll give it a go.

NO, its a 92 or 93 I think because 91 was made out of Air-Knit and the logo was screen printed. DId you buy it?

NO, its a 92 or 93 I think because 91 was made out of Air-Knit and the logo was screen printed. DId you buy it?

:angry:

no...

i was having conversations with the guy and asked his BIN price and i agreed and he sold it out from under me (after i posted it on here).

if someone on here got it, thanx.

"sold just after you sent this to me"

To: Gordon Ferris <gbferris24@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 3:15 PM

Subject: Re: messier

send me your paypal info then cancel when u get the $$$

my address:

KEN SHINKLE

6801 HEYLAND DR

COLUMBUS, IN 47201

----- Original Message -----

To: ken

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 3:12 PM

sure do i cancel the listing?

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:59 PM

if u ship it priority with del. confirm (tracking) i'll do it off ebay and pay as a gift so paypal won't take their cut.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:53 PM

yes $90

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:50 PM

got 'em...thanx

do u have a buy it now price?

To: lykensentertainment@comcast.net

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:47 PM

Subject: messier

no...

i was having conversations with the guy and asked his BIN price and i agreed and he sold it out from under me (after i posted it on here).

if someone on here got it, thanx.

"sold just after you sent this to me"

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 3:15 PM

send me your paypal info then cancel when u get the $$$

my address:

KEN SHINKLE

6801 HEYLAND DR

COLUMBUS, IN 47201

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 3:12 PM

sure do i cancel the listing?

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:59 PM

if u ship it priority with del. confirm (tracking) i'll do it off ebay and pay as a gift so paypal won't take their cut.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:53 PM

yes $90

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:50 PM

got 'em...thanx

do u have a buy it now price?

To: lykensentertainment@comcast.net

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:47 PM

Subject: messier

Man that's a hard jerseys to find.

That Messier Team Canada is ultrafil.....the '91 Canada Cup jerseys were air-knit.

CCM made ultrafils later on and they were retailed to my knowledge....I used to own a white ultrafil Lindros

Well almost and it was a 56.

The custom job is awfully shiny, but it looks legit to me. Not an Oilers expert though.

That's what concerns me. The Nike tags looked ok, and the hem, but the shiny letters are throwing me off.

Is this jersey legit? I have not seen pro Colorado Rockies hockey jerseys from the CCM Vintage line series, only replicas.

My link

Is this jersey legit? I have not seen pro Colorado Rockies hockey jerseys from the CCM Vintage line series, only replicas.

My link

Fake. Replica neck tag.

That's what concerns me. The Nike tags looked ok, and the hem, but the shiny letters are throwing me off.

I think it's legit and the shine is just from a flash or lighting. There aren't any obvious signs to indicate that it might be fake, no bubbling in the letters/numbers/crest, the fight strap looks good, the tags check out as far as I can tell. Gretzky jerseys are the most common fakes that I've seen, but that looks fine to me.

I'm inclined to say the Gretz is okay. I am much better with Edges on fakes, but I do know that counterfeiters really struggle to get the nike symbol just right and that one looks good. Twill gets super shiny when the flash is on and as others have mentioned, it doesn't seem bubbly nor does the stitching around the numbers seem overly heavy as is seen in many fakes.

:wacko:

$25 shipping?

really?

it costs $12 to ship priority mail with delivery confirmation from Michigan to Indiana.

:o

Thanks everyone for the info on the Gretz. The $25 does seem a little bit ridiculous to me, I emailed him about it, but haven't heard back.

Thanks again!

Yes, that was a legit jersey produced by Nike in the late 90's

It is an official reporduction by Nike.

The original Nike Oilers were mesh, when Nike reproduced these they made them out of heavy ultrafil, almost like a superfil sort of material.

These are hard to find, even hard with accurate customization.

I used to have one that was customized properly. A lot of the ones i've seen on the bay, they have all been off.....