It is good or not?

lafountain

:rolleyes:

his reply:

Dear lakotta,

I use the shipping and handling fees to help offset the ebay fees charged on the item and the shipping because they charge fees on both.I also use it to help offset the paypal fees charged to get paid.Then factor in I have to find time in my day to get to the shipper to drop it off and I have to pay for the shipping charges as well as insurance.I put the shipping charges up front so there isn't any dispute about what I'm charging.That way the buyer can factor it into what they're willing to pay.My advice to you would be if you think the shipping charges are to expensive then don't bid.

hall-of-fame-memories

i understand about all the fees involved with ebay but...

:blink:

Here's what I got from him:

"The shipping price is a shipping and handling price.It is the cost of shipping plus insurance.Anything over the actual cost is considered a handling fee.The handling fee is designed to help offset the ridiculous fees I have to pay to sell items on ebay.I get charged a listing fee.Then I get charged a final value fee on the sale of the item and also a fee on the shipping charges.Then I have to pay paypal to process my payment.Those fees average anywhere between 17% and 20% of the total received.I give the price up front so that the bidder can factor it in to their bid.This is designed to let the buyer know what it will cost them befotre they bid.I've been selling sports memorabilia on ebay for 6 years and people who buy autographed memorabilia rarely ever question the price of shipping.It's mostly people who are buying an item as apparel.This jersey is very rare and is intended to be collected not worn.I've seen lots of people who put outrageous shipping fees on items to try to bypass all of the fees ebay charges.But that's not me.I charge a fair flat rate price and I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else either factor it into your bid or don't bid on it.Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend"

This guy is kind of rude. I'll wait for someone that isn't a condescending d*** to auction the jersey. :fight:

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful, if you got it at a charity event you'll run the risk of looking bad when doing so. I guess it depends on the charity.

It is somewhat of an ongoing event through my school and the students that run it have been nice to deal with so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem. I am just angry at myself for not realizing this when I bought it. I am still new to jerseys but thought I knew the main differences. The most blatant giveaway is how the numbers on the arms of the jersey are spaced differently on each side. Thanks for your input

its fake. %100 fake.

look @ the nhl shield . man bad fake.

Yes fake, but some good news, I believe the oilers are the only team that use the edge 1.0. Chime in if you know this to be true or not?

I am not sure. But what I do know is that the home/away retro jerseys were just implemented this year so it would only make sense for them to be an edge 2.0. The 1.0's last year used the copper away jerseys.

But what I do know is that the home/away retro jerseys were just implemented this year so it would only make sense for them to be an edge 2.0.

A member here has a 2011-12 Nashville game-issued jersey that's a 1.0. Apparently Reebok is still making some 1.0's for certain players in the newest designs, so it's very possible that the "new" Oilers jerseys are 1.0's as well.

A member here has a 2011-12 Nashville game-issued jersey that's a 1.0. Apparently Reebok is still making some 1.0's for certain players in the newest designs, so it's very possible that the "new" Oilers jerseys are 1.0's as well.

Odd. In any case, I'm wondering if this organization in school knows they are buying knockoff jerseys. I would say $80 for a knockoff is far from "cost" like the seller apparently told them.

I just checked close-up photos of the 2011-12 Oilers jerseys available on MeiGray. All the homes, aways and thirds are 1.0's.

There are still certain players that wear 1.0's exclusively too. I'm almost positive that Jarome Junior Elvis Iginla is one of those players.

I thought that Preds jersey was an Indo. You're talking about the Weber size 60, right? I thought the green tag inside the neck meant that. Either way, that's interesting.

I thought that Preds jersey was an Indo. You're talking about the Weber size 60, right? I thought the green tag inside the neck meant that. Either way, that's interesting.

A green neck tag does normally mean an indo if it's a retail jersey. If it's a team issue jersey, then it will be an Edge 1.0 or 2.0, as mentioned above some individual players and even whole teams (Oilers) still use 1.0s.

Erat and Tootoo both wear 1.0s for the Preds this season. Halpern and Green both do for the Caps. I bought the Erat set 1 so Ill post it here at the end of the season.

No I am pretty sure LAK74 is referring to a different jersey. I believe a blank yellow one, unsure of size.

I found it in the Edge 2.0 thread.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3539&st=860

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/new-york-rangers-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-new-york-rangers-away-jersey.html

Is this legit?

Including customization and shipping it was 265 for an authentic.. i've never paid anything under 300 for an authentic jersey nor have I seen them that cheap. Real or not real?

Maybe they press instead of stitch? Anyone know?

Erat and Tootoo both wear 1.0s for the Preds this season. Halpern and Green both do for the Caps. I bought the Erat set 1 so Ill post it here at the end of the season.

actually Erat is the only one wearing 1.0 on the Preds Tootoo wears 2.0. the Tootoo gamer I have is a 2.0

Here's what I got from him:

"The shipping price is a shipping and handling price.It is the cost of shipping plus insurance.Anything over the actual cost is considered a handling fee.The handling fee is designed to help offset the ridiculous fees I have to pay to sell items on ebay.I get charged a listing fee.Then I get charged a final value fee on the sale of the item and also a fee on the shipping charges.Then I have to pay paypal to process my payment.Those fees average anywhere between 17% and 20% of the total received.I give the price up front so that the bidder can factor it in to their bid.This is designed to let the buyer know what it will cost them befotre they bid.I've been selling sports memorabilia on ebay for 6 years and people who buy autographed memorabilia rarely ever question the price of shipping.It's mostly people who are buying an item as apparel.This jersey is very rare and is intended to be collected not worn.I've seen lots of people who put outrageous shipping fees on items to try to bypass all of the fees ebay charges.But that's not me.I charge a fair flat rate price and I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else either factor it into your bid or don't bid on it.Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend"

This guy is kind of rude. I'll wait for someone that isn't a condescending d*** to auction the jersey. :fight:

And now he takes the auction down and relists it at $349! :fight:

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/new-york-rangers-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-new-york-rangers-away-jersey.html

Is this legit?

Including customization and shipping it was 265 for an authentic.. i've never paid anything under 300 for an authentic jersey nor have I seen them that cheap. Real or not real?

Maybe they press instead of stitch? Anyone know?

It is legit, and they do stitched customization. There are many places where you can get legit blank Edge authentics for sub-$200 on sale. My only concern with the customization would be if they use Edge material for the nameplate (many places use regular airknit, some use twill /shudder).

Finally it's important to note that since they make a point of saying 2012, then it will be the new Indo-Edge jerseys, considered inferior in quality to the older Edge 1.0 retail and Edge 2.0 team issue jerseys.

In the product description they state "Made in Canada". I suspect they will need to clear that up if they continue to sell jerseys that are, indeed, made in Indonesia.