It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know what year the Blues wore these jerseys?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230773298742?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm guessing somewhere from 89-94 but I can't seem to find anything to proove it.

Thanks,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230773298742?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm guessing somewhere from 89-94 but I can't seem to find anything to proove it.

Thanks,

Going from NHLUniforms.com I'd guess 1987-89, as they mention the note logo became more rounded on the edges starting in 1989-90.

I thought the same thing but I also heard CCM jerseys didn't have the NHL badge until after the halfway part of the 89 season??

Yeah, that's pretty weird. The crest (1987-89) doesn't match the hem logo (1990 and later). The owner was probably shooting for 1990-91, since Brind'Amour left the Blues after that season. The font is rather off anyway.

I own a blank one that I traded for last year and my buddy just bought the Brind'Amour so I know there are at least 2 out there.

From the research I've done I have found that the Maple Leafs were the first team to start using the newer, bigger CCM logo. The Leafs started using it with no shield in 89-90 while the rest of the league was still using the older, smaller CCM logo. In 90-91 The Leafs added the shield while the rest of the league used only the large CCM logo with no shield for the beginning of the year and then added the shield later on in the season.

I would say that the earliest that blues jersey can be from is the 90-91 season.

The entire league switched to the shield hem in the 2nd half of the 1989-90 season. So, the 2nd set of jerseys had the shield. Hell, the Oilers were TECHNICALLY the first team to have the CCM block logo AND shield on the hem because their CCM set that went unused with the 10th anny patch had both features and they were for use in the 1988-89 season.

I've also seen instances where the retail jerseys had the CCM block logo but with a sewn on shield rather than embroidered. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was done to save on embroidery charges at retail.

It's a replica; those are almost never faked. The letters on the nameplate look horrible, though. The center black layer is way too thin, the outer black layer is too thick, and there shouldn't be any holes in the center of the A's so the whole name looks weird. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't use glacier twill on the top layers of the letters and numbers. I'd look for another one.

Ok, thanks. I actually saw that Hockey Money has Edge 1.0s for $200 with customization, so I'm just going to go with that. I'm totally new to this and all I have at the moment are a Malkin Premier with twill customized and a '11 WC Premier that I still have to have customized. So now I am going to get a powder blue from hockey monkey but I haven't decided the player yet.

Had this dicussion with Brilliant! a little while ago

TB426's Hull

- it has a size tag in the neck which didn't appear until '91 and later

- it has a 2nd half '89-90 and later rear CCM logo

- it has a '87-88, '88-89 front crest

- the '8' plager patch should be yellow on the blue jersey

- the two patches were only worn together at the end of '87-88, and the '88-89 season

- the first time Brett started wearing the A was after both patches were gone in '89-90

I'm not sure what to think...

Need a little help on an Edge 2011 Pens Alternate/WC jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penguins-Authentic-2011-Winter-Classic-Reebok-7187-Canadian-Edge1-0-Jersey-sz-50-/320885385372?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab642689c#ht_500wt_1180

Quick help, as I just found it and it only has around 2 hours left before ending... oops.

I focus on older jerseys and so I have no idea really (for the most part) on how to spot a fake Edge. One thing that sticks out to me already though is the fact that it has the patch...I didn't think they shipped authentic models with the patch.

Thanks in advance guys!

I had no idea the authentic models had the WC patch sewn on.

What would one look for when determining these WC/alternate models were legit?

A main giveaway is the writing on the inside of the collar. If its a WC one it has the writing printed onto it, the fake ones are stitched and look like crap. I brought two fake ones when I didn't know anything about the hobby, and they look terrible.

You can still even get Edge 1.0 WC jerseys at the Pens store in CONSOL already customized and they have the patch, I almost bought one when I was out there in March.

The entire league switched to the shield hem in the 2nd half of the 1989-90 season. So, the 2nd set of jerseys had the shield. Hell, the Oilers were TECHNICALLY the first team to have the CCM block logo AND shield on the hem because their CCM set that went unused with the 10th anny patch had both features and they were for use in the 1988-89 season.

I had always had the impression that the large block CCM logo appeared by itself during the 2nd half of the 1989-90 season, then the NHL shield was added towards the end of that year. But I think Mike is right about the Oilers; these 2 gamers are from the FIRST set of 1989-90, and they already have the large block logo AND the NHL shield, which is news to me:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=61&lotid=658

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=7&lotid=409

Had this dicussion with Brilliant! a little while ago

TB426's Hull

- it has a size tag in the neck which didn't appear until '91 and later

- it has a 2nd half '89-90 and later rear CCM logo

- it has a '87-88, '88-89 front crest

- the '8' plager patch should be yellow on the blue jersey

- the two patches were only worn together at the end of '87-88, and the '88-89 season

- the first time Brett started wearing the A was after both patches were gone in '89-90

I'm not sure what to think...

The use of the patches and "A" are obviously just inaccuracies in customization choices. Regarding the jersey itself, the logical conclusion is that CCM must have made some post-1989 retail Blues authentics using the old crests- we've already seen a number of these. I still haven't seen a post-1989 gamer with the old crest, though- that would be interesting.

Not sure about the size tag, though. But after all the weird things I've seen in this hobby I'm willing to believe that this might be one of the earliest jerseys with that size tag, or that it was a 1991 that mistakenly didn't have an NHL shield put on it, or the shield was removed, etc...

A main giveaway is the writing on the inside of the collar. If its a WC one it has the writing printed onto it, the fake ones are stitched and look like crap. I brought two fake ones when I didn't know anything about the hobby, and they look terrible.

You can still even get Edge 1.0 WC jerseys at the Pens store in CONSOL already customized and they have the patch, I almost bought one when I was out there in March.

Well, a thanks to you and brandon then. $175 isn't a bad deal, especially when all I wanted was a blank to begin with.

And now you know why ic0dex was looking for North Stars shoulder patches.....couldn't find 'em so he decided to sell the jersey

Well here is the funny part, the jersey does not have authentic shoulder patches they are just regular 2 layer tackle twill. The crest is also regular 2 layer tackle twill sewn with black string. Here is my CASEY which is all original:

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

I purchased the jersey from Truman for $280 and sold it for the same price. The reason I sold is not because of the patches, it's because I found better jerseys. Looker Room purchased it and now he's probably going to resell it for $600 just like that Sz. 44 Paul Kariya that he has for sale for $500.

I had always had the impression that the large block CCM logo appeared by itself during the 2nd half of the 1989-90 season, then the NHL shield was added towards the end of that year. But I think Mike is right about the Oilers; these 2 gamers are from the FIRST set of 1989-90, and they already have the large block logo AND the NHL shield, which is news to me:

I used to own an '89 All Star Lemieux (worn during '88-89 season AS game) that had the large block CCM. The only reason I can confirm it was definitely an '89 is because it had the heat-pressed ruberized AS patch and All-star logos that were only used that year.

Another anamoly are the Kings purple gold with large block CCM -

2932502370105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Both of these lead me to believe they were produced as early as '88.

That said, Gretz was already rockin a silver/black Kings when he was traded in the summer of '88, before the '88-89 season started, but his first Kings jerseys all had the older/small block CCM logo -

2387392780105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

So maybe CCM continued to produce the purple/gold kings after the fact for retail, and the All-Star just had authentic left over patches put on?

I dunno...

I used to own an '89 All Star Lemieux (worn during '88-89 season AS game) that had the large block CCM. The only reason I can confirm it was definitely an '89 is because it had the heat-pressed ruberized AS patch and All-star logos that were only used that year.

Another anamoly are the Kings purple gold with large block CCM -

2932502370105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Both of these lead me to believe they were produced as early as '88.

Dude I so want to buy that Dionne jersey but what was bothering me was the big block ccm. I know that they started to put them on the 89-90 jerseys but not on 87-88. Did they ever wear the big block CCM gold jerseys before changing to the silver/black?

So maybe CCM continued to produce the purple/gold kings after the fact for retail, and the All-Star just had authentic left over patches put on?

I can think of at least one other example of CCM continuing to produce retail authentics in a design that was already retired for a few years, so your guess seems logical to me. Plus the same ASG jersey design of 1989 (except for the patches) was used again in the next few years' games too, right? So like you said, maybe someone took a 1990 and customized it as a 1989- makes sense.

Thanks,

So the information about when the Large Block CCM is interesting but I am still wondering about this jersey.

Do you suppose it was a Prototype? I just can't seem to find info about the sharp edges on the Blue Note with the large block CCM...

The one on this E-bay listing has a crisp neck tag and the fight strap taped up with black cloth tape.

It also appears to have board burns on the sleeves and a little blood.

I know it could have been some yahoo wearing it to play pick up but then I would guess the the neck tag would be frayed...

So the information about when the Large Block CCM is interesting but I am still wondering about this jersey.

Do you suppose it was a Prototype? I just can't seem to find info about the sharp edges on the Blue Note with the large block CCM...

The one on this E-bay listing has a crisp neck tag and the fight strap taped up with black cloth tape.

It also appears to have board burns on the sleeves and a little blood.

I know it could have been some yahoo wearing it to play pick up but then I would guess the the neck tag would be frayed...

Or it was once a blank and someone placed the wrong crest on it. I've seen authentic's without the crest.

Although rare, there are a few of them out there which leads me to believe it's not just a one-off crest replacement. I suspect when the Blues changed their crest, whomever the supplier was, had left overs and and used 'em on the newer retails.

Either way I don't think I've ever seen a gamer with the same anomalies.